GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Myst V [Re: Renee63] #409577
10/21/08 12:37 AM
10/21/08 12:37 AM
Oshawa, Ont.
Dave McB Offline
Settled Boomer
Dave McB  Offline
Settled Boomer

Oshawa, Ont.
Renee, the thing in the alcove isn't the weigh station, it's the scale. This is where you find out how much you weigh with and without the slate. That's why that bottom red indicator goes away when you drop the slate. Look at the engraved circles around each indicator and multiply each indicator by the number of circles. This will give you the number of units that you, or you and the slate, weigh.

The controls for the tower (pillar) are the four under the walkway. There are engraved circles here as well to show how many units each open eye represents (one circle = one unit for each open eye; two circles = two units for each open eye; and so on). Do you have a record of how these were set when you arrived?

Some other points;
1 - You ask how you can teleport to the bubble. The answer is, you can't. You get there by walking. There is a way out if you look for it. Or, you can go back to the pedestal in the round cage and use the link symbol on it to link to the bubble. Then you can talk to Esher. Or, did you talk to him when he was standing outside the building near the bubble and you are now talking about the second meeting with him?

2 - I agree with you about some walkthroughs. They give you a list of instructions like, go here, do this, go there and do that without exploring the reasoning behind it. For this reason, I prefer to use walkthroughs as reference for when I get stuck after I've thoroughly explored an area. Before the crying starts maybe you'd like to try this; re-load your saved game and just look around. Explore the area and see what's there without making any changes. Then maybe things will make more sense.

Hope this helps. Dave

Re: Myst V [Re: Dave McB] #409584
10/21/08 01:06 AM
10/21/08 01:06 AM
Ramona CA
R
Renee63 Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Renee63  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
R

Ramona CA
thanks Dave......I won't be playing the game tonight since I am still confused and I am not blaming anyone for my ignorance. I understand the alcove is the scale and the eyes are the weigh station but it still leaves me blank. I have counted the rings around the indicator but still not sure what to do. I can start from a save where I just get there and notice one eye is open and the other closed but I am really going blank here. Once I do this, what do I do with it? I was not ever good in math. Sorry.......I do feel really stupiid but it is not connecting as what to do. I can go and start from the beginning as I said but then what? What am I multipling to? If I go to the scale, I still don't know what I am suppose to do to find out how to lower that darn tower to the walkway. I am talking about the second time I need to talk to Esher whenever I get across the walkway. Even if it is the scale, what is it telling me? And when I find out how many units I weigh, what do I do or does the indicators do that so when I get on there, it will automatically drop then? I have pretty much wandered around as far as getting in anywhere else. The whole thing seems to point to me getting across the walkway.

Renee A Worrell
Re: Myst V [Re: Renee63] #409736
10/21/08 10:39 AM
10/21/08 10:39 AM
Wilmington, DE
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer
dadguy  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Wilmington, DE
Renee, I will help you on this if you don't mind being spoiled a bit (in other words, I'll try to make it easy).

The key is to set the counter weight of the tower just right so that when you link to it with the slate in your hands, the tower will drop to the level that allows you to walk across to the seats and then continue your quest acording to the walkthrough.

I'm going to go in and play this section so I am sure I have it right, then I'll edit this post.

Cheers,

Dadguy

EDIT: Oh, that was so much fun. I love this game!

OK, here is the spoiler answer... click to reveal This assumes you have already created the link to the tower pedestal at the dome pedestal:
Click to reveal..
1. You need to set the "counterweight" to equal the weight of the Tower plus the weight of you and the slate. This is 16 units. I won't go into how I figured that unless you ask.

2. Counterweight is set by clicking the four buttons on columns to the left and right of the big yellow button. Each of these represents different counterweight amounts. I will number them from LEFT to RIGHT as A, B. C, and D:

A = 4 units (see the rings? There are 4)
B = 3 units (3 rings)
C = 2 units (2 rings)
D = 1 unit (1 ring)

You need to click the buttons on these four columns so that one or two RED indicators are shown. (If 1 red indicator is shown on column A, that will give 4 units; if 2 red indicators are shouwn on column A, that will give 8 units. Got it?) So, to get a counterweight of 16 units, set the red indicators as follows by clicking the buttons on the columns once or twice, or not at all:

A - 2 red indicators (2 x 4 = 8 units)
B - 2 red indicators (2 x 3 = 6 units)
C - 0 red indicators (0 x 2 = 0 units)
D - 2 red indicators (2 x 1 = 2 units)

Total up the units and see that it equals 16. Yay!

3. Now, keeping the slate with you, press the big Yellow button in the center and the tower will rise to the top. The only way to get back up there is to go back to the dome pedestal and link to the tower from there. Run down the ramp on either side of the tower and run back through the tunnel to the open cage with the pedestal. (sometimes it is a little tricky hopping up on that pedestal, but keep trying and you'll get up) Click the "dome" symbol to return to the dome pedestal.

4. From the dome pedestal, click the tower symbol (the one on the right) and you will appear on the tower, and it will be dropping slowly. Turn around and you'll see it stop at the level that allows access to the seats. Then continue your journey!

Last edited by dadguy; 10/21/08 11:26 AM.
Re: Myst V [Re: dadguy] #409758
10/21/08 11:31 AM
10/21/08 11:31 AM
MaG Offline
Sonic Boomer
MaG  Offline
Sonic Boomer

thanks dadguy! You're our savior.

Re: Myst V [Re: MaG] #410069
10/22/08 02:15 AM
10/22/08 02:15 AM
Ramona CA
R
Renee63 Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Renee63  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
R

Ramona CA
I did it the first time and the a bell went off in my head. Graham's explanation was right on but I still couldn't figure out how you got the weight of the tower but now I understand that when I stood on the scale, that is what I weighed but I just couldn't read it. BTW...........does anyone write any consistent WT's I have one that said to look at journal 7 and another to read journal 8. No wonder I go around in circles. I am playing this on my own since I see butterflies if I try to go by the WT's but I must admit, I do have to look at them and see if what I am doing is right but they still drive me crazy. Now, the hardest part for me is drawing these dumb signs...........agrrrrr Also, if I stand on the circular platform and hope that the bahro sings, I have to go and lift the counterweight and also run over to the pressure plate to get my slate or what????? When can I get my slate? It seems like an awful lot plus the bahro is right there so he won't let me take my slate or he runs away. Should I just go up the elevator and my slate will show up again? You are a definite genius Dave,thanks.............

Renee A Worrell
Re: Myst V [Re: Renee63] #410071
10/22/08 02:23 AM
10/22/08 02:23 AM
Oshawa, Ont.
Dave McB Offline
Settled Boomer
Dave McB  Offline
Settled Boomer

Oshawa, Ont.
You're welcome Renee, and thanks for the compliment. Congratulations on getting through and I couldn't agree more about the walkthroughs. It's much more satisfying to do it yourself and only refer to a walkthrough if you're stuck.

About getting up the elevator with the slate; I'm going to need to re-play that part and I'll get back to you.

Dave

Edit: Back again. Boy, you really forget the easy things when you haven't played the game for a while. You're right, you can't re-claim the slate before going up the elevator. However, if you know what the Bahro do with a slate that has been left lying around, you will be able to get it again later.

Hope this helps. Dave

P.S. Is this the first age that you're playing?

Last edited by Dave McB; 10/22/08 02:56 AM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr, Marian 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (curly), 166 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users