GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - 50% Off Special on BigFish - Discussion only Thread #428324
11/26/08 03:00 AM
11/26/08 03:00 AM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline OP
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Tha moment we have been waiting for! Please save Rose and the kids before it's too late! eek

Not only is this game a great deal for Club Members, but we've been given a Special Deal of 50% off for all non members from now till December 27th with Coupon code RAVEN50 . You can download MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Here.

This thread is for Discussion only, all Hints and Help should be posted Here.

Quote:
Emma`s soul is free. But her ghost has delivered a dire warning: evil still lurks in Ravenhearst Manor. Big Fish Games Studios takes you deep inside the cursed estate in Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst &trade, the thrilling sequel. Experience Ravenhearst`s spectral halls as never before with new immersive adventure-style gameplay and an epic original soundtrack. Feel the floorboards creak as you move from room to room solving puzzles and seeking out clues in over 150 detailed scenes.

The biggest MCF game to date
Dozens of new puzzles
Can you reveal the secret?

As always, please remember to come back and tell us what you think.

Happy Gaming,
Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #428326
11/26/08 03:04 AM
11/26/08 03:04 AM
West London, UK
JennyP Offline
Adept Boomer
JennyP  Offline
Adept Boomer

West London, UK
I'm at work & can't download til I get home ! Can't wait ! This time I led myself astray ...

When in doubt, cuddle a catcatrub
MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread [Re: JennyP] #428329
11/26/08 03:14 AM
11/26/08 03:14 AM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline OP
BrownEyedTigre  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
I am installed and ready to go but I must go to bed instead. <sigh> Work beckons me in a few couple hours so........ sleep

Rose...hang on!

Ana yay

Don't feed the Trolls
MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #428332
11/26/08 03:18 AM
11/26/08 03:18 AM
Southern California
Darlene Offline
Adept Boomer
Darlene  Offline
Adept Boomer

Southern California
wave I'm with you, Ana! Downloading as we speak, but can't play until after work tomorrow! Can't wait!!!

Woohoo and booyah! smile Have an easy peasy day!
MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread [Re: Darlene] #428334
11/26/08 04:34 AM
11/26/08 04:34 AM
Sumrall, MS
raylinstephens Offline
Addicted Boomer
raylinstephens  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Sumrall, MS
:LOL: I knew I wasn't the only looney

Dowloading as I am typing...

wave Linda

**edit: WOW! Appears to be no timer but haven't tried to use a hint. I don't see penalty for incorrect clicking. Looks like a HOG mixed with Adventure! Love the way it says, "buy me,(purchase this game)" when you leave the demo!

So many games, so little time.
MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread [Re: raylinstephens] #428342
11/26/08 05:54 AM
11/26/08 05:54 AM
winter springs fl.
connie Offline
Graduate Boomer
connie  Offline
Graduate Boomer

winter springs fl.
Just finished downloading on mine and hubby's machine. yay happydance

Connie
MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread [Re: connie] #428345
11/26/08 06:00 AM
11/26/08 06:00 AM
Massachusetts
GBC Offline
Graduate Boomer
GBC  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Massachusetts
Ana, you did it again--you led me astray. Now I have to juggle baking for Thanksgiving and gaming. grin

Gail
MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread [Re: connie] #428347
11/26/08 06:02 AM
11/26/08 06:02 AM
Indiana
ScarletDragon Offline
Addicted Boomer
ScarletDragon  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Indiana
Sometimes it pays to be a hopeless insomniac. I downloaded at 4:30 a.m., finished demo, bought game and am now thoroughly engrossed. The turkey is thawing, but I fear Thanksgiving dinner will be delayed if I can't save Rose in time. I thought Madame Fate was creepy but her game was a Sunday stroll in the park compared to this one. I haven't progressed very far yet but so far I believe this game may be even harder than Madame Fate. It's a blockbuster for sure!

When I downloaded the demo I got a HIGH security alert that the file was attempting to add a DLL to my computer? Is this a problem I should worry about? Can somebody smarter than me explain what that means?

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons ...
for thou art crunchy and good with ketchup.
MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread [Re: ScarletDragon] #428353
11/26/08 06:27 AM
11/26/08 06:27 AM
Western New York
NYLady Offline
Addicted Boomer
NYLady  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Western New York
FANTABULOUS!

Downloaded it at 6 s.m. snd it only took 1.2 minutes.

Have to go to work but started it. How cute what she says when you leave the game.

Sound, graphics... everything is A-1 like a high cost movie.

Can't wait to get home to play.

Scarlet, ask them in Glitzes and Bugs area... they are very very good in there.

Prices are going up everywhere except in our incomes.
MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread [Re: NYLady] #428355
11/26/08 06:32 AM
11/26/08 06:32 AM
Indiana
ScarletDragon Offline
Addicted Boomer
ScarletDragon  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Indiana
I allowed the download, but I was just wondering what it meant.

Forgot to mention that you should just buy the game without playing the hour demo because I lost all my progress and had to restart from the very beginning. The hidden objects lists are different when you replay.

MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread [Re: ScarletDragon] #428357
11/26/08 06:34 AM
11/26/08 06:34 AM
Maryland
Margie Offline
Settled Boomer
Margie  Offline
Settled Boomer

Maryland
Originally Posted By: ScarletDragon
Sometimes it pays to be a hopeless insomniac. I downloaded at 4:30 a.m., finished demo, bought game and am now thoroughly engrossed. The turkey is thawing, but I fear Thanksgiving dinner will be delayed if I can't save Rose in time. I thought Madame Fate was creepy but her game was a Sunday stroll in the park compared to this one. I haven't progressed very far yet but so far I believe this game may be even harder than Madame Fate. It's a blockbuster for sure!

When I downloaded the demo I got a HIGH security alert that the file was attempting to add a DLL to my computer? Is this a problem I should worry about? Can somebody smarter than me explain what that means?

Hey Scarlett, I am definitely not an expert in this field but you may get that warning when downloading some games because all of them have the DLL files. It should not be a problem, they just do that as a security measure but as far as I know, it should not be an issue. I'm not sure why it does it in certain games and not in others. I'm sure someone will come by with a better answer :-)

Margie B
http://www.BigFishGames.com

Strategy Guide Editor for Big Fish Games
Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread [Re: Margie] #428384
11/26/08 07:55 AM
11/26/08 07:55 AM
Indiana
Koalanut Offline
Settled Boomer
Koalanut  Offline
Settled Boomer

Indiana
Had no problems with the dowload, all dowloaded, installed and bought in less than five minutes. Now off to save Rose! eek

Koalanut

So many games, so little time....
Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread [Re: Koalanut] #428397
11/26/08 08:25 AM
11/26/08 08:25 AM
PA, USA
M
misa Offline
Addicted Boomer
misa  Offline
Addicted Boomer
M

PA, USA
Oh, I see that they have an actual demo versus 60 mins of the full version. This must be the new feature that BFG-Guy was talking about with the game manager. I just bought the full game and installing it now rather than the demo first. Can't wait to play but need to finish Ravenhearst again first.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread [Re: misa] #428403
11/26/08 08:36 AM
11/26/08 08:36 AM
Piney Woods of East Texas
joanieS Offline
Addicted Boomer
joanieS  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Piney Woods of East Texas
Holy Toledo!!! You get your money's worth with this one! My brain is too full of "things to do today for tomorrow" to concentrate on all the goodies in this game. Fantastic! Glad I did the demo first because this one is really a handfull! Has to wait until after TDay.

"A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words." ...unknown
Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread [Re: joanieS] #428436
11/26/08 09:34 AM
11/26/08 09:34 AM
Indiana
Koalanut Offline
Settled Boomer
Koalanut  Offline
Settled Boomer

Indiana
This is a really great game. It's got an adventure feel to it and there are hidden objects to use here and there. I have played about an hour and a half and must tear myself away to get ready for tomorrow. This one is worth way more than the $6.99 club members pay.

Koalanut thanksgiving

So many games, so little time....
Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread [Re: Koalanut] #428460
11/26/08 10:19 AM
11/26/08 10:19 AM
G
GPM Offline
Settled Boomer
GPM  Offline
Settled Boomer
G

I was just wondering if anyone else was having trouble with the hints reloading super, super slow?

My usual technique is to find all the items I can within a period of time that seems right to me (typically informed by a timer), then resort to hints for the remainder and move on.

I have never, however, experienced a game where the hints reloaded anywhere nearly so slowly. I'm talking MINUTES here!

As a result, long after I was ready to move on, I was left sitting ... and sitting ... and sitting ... waiting for the hints to reload.

As of right now I'm surprised to find myself somewhat ambivalent about Return to Ravenhearst as the super slow hint function is an unpardonable sin - I'M BORED OUT OF MY MIND!

Is it just my computer or are others experiencing slow hint reloading (with the demo version) as well?

**It just occurred to me that the slow hint reloading may be the offset to the timer. If so, I wish the game gave players the option of using a timer or not!

EDITED TO ADD THE FOLLOWING:

Unfortunately, I think my computer must just not be "mighty" enough to run this adventure-style version of an MCF game. (I have Windows XP with a 2.80 GHz CPU and 1.99 GB RAM.)

When Emma's ghost was talking, the audio was not in sync with the captions at the bottom of the screen, leaving me waiting - again! - for them to finish. And even after I did move on, there were numerous occasions when the curser moved in sweeping arcs entirely on its own. What's that about?!

Sadly, I think I'm going to have to pass on this one before I go the way of Charles Dalimer and lose my mind entirely. LOL

But for those of you who have equipment that can play it, enjoy!

Last edited by GPM; 11/26/08 10:59 AM.
Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread [Re: GPM] #428502
11/26/08 12:03 PM
11/26/08 12:03 PM
PA, USA
M
misa Offline
Addicted Boomer
misa  Offline
Addicted Boomer
M

PA, USA
The cursor movement in sweeping arches is when you randomly click too much.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread [Re: misa] #428508
11/26/08 12:11 PM
11/26/08 12:11 PM
South Carolina
jody319 Offline
Settled Boomer
jody319  Offline
Settled Boomer

South Carolina
I find this to be VERY entertaining, and as to the slow re-hinting, mine is VERY slow also. I think that this is the way they made it. I go through and find all that I can, then IF I have one left, then I use the hint, otherwise I just keep looking. Anyway, great game BIGFISH! It may take me a while to play because I am savoring it! And trying not to get help...but don't hold me to that rotfl

Agree with you Koala Nut, it is well worth more than the price...she says as she addictedly continues to play even though she has THANKSGIVING food to prepare crazy

Jody

Last edited by jody319; 11/26/08 12:13 PM. Reason: addition
Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread [Re: jody319] #428510
11/26/08 12:16 PM
11/26/08 12:16 PM
West London, UK
JennyP Offline
Adept Boomer
JennyP  Offline
Adept Boomer

West London, UK
I am NOT stuck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just found the secret garden, my PC keeps screaming to turn itself off to update so I'm going to burn some fish & potatoes.

Last edited by JennyP; 11/26/08 12:29 PM. Reason: not stuck.

When in doubt, cuddle a catcatrub
Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #428572
11/26/08 01:39 PM
11/26/08 01:39 PM
Michigan, USA
ramona Offline
Addicted Boomer
ramona  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Michigan, USA
This is so fun. I just started playing and the music and atmosphere are like the old black and white scary movies and mysteries I loved watching the Count on Saturdays I think in Detroit. They were scary and atmosheric without the gore and guts. The music set the mood. So far the music and puzzles are fitting right into the story. The graphics are great as well. This series really sets the bar high for other HOGs. I agree that we got so much game for just a mere $6.99. Well off to see what else I can find. scared

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #428583
11/26/08 01:54 PM
11/26/08 01:54 PM
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
Redz Offline
Graduate Boomer
Redz  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Doylestown, Pennsylvania
As far as the hints are concerned...you will notice a typewriter in the hints area. If you use a hint, each time you find a new hidden object the typewriter starts and your hint meter increases. It seems you only get one hint per hidden object screen. It doesn't fill up till you have only one object left to find. Hope this makes sense. crazy

Joan wave

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread [Re: misa] #428588
11/26/08 02:02 PM
11/26/08 02:02 PM
G
GPM Offline
Settled Boomer
GPM  Offline
Settled Boomer
G

Originally Posted By: misa
The cursor movement in sweeping arches is when you randomly click too much.

Ah ha! Thank you, Misa! With no timer to lose time on, I wondered what the penalty for that was!

I'm sure by then I was clicking on way too many duds - anything to keep from winding up in "hint hell" again!!

I did kind of feel like I might have missed directions somewhere, though, i.e., when I located an item, I noticed that it caused the hints typewriter to activate.

Are there directions somewhere that clue you in that random clicking will result in the sweeping arc?

I'm also wondering if anybody else had the experience where Emma had completely finished talking, but you had to wait there (quite awhile, in my case) until the captions finished appearing?

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread [Re: GPM] #428626
11/26/08 03:23 PM
11/26/08 03:23 PM
Nova Scotia
Flo NS Offline
Addicted Boomer
Flo NS  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Nova Scotia
I agree with all the good things written about this game and I want to add the music is absolutely great.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread [Re: Flo NS] #428694
11/26/08 06:24 PM
11/26/08 06:24 PM
Indiana
ScarletDragon Offline
Addicted Boomer
ScarletDragon  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Indiana
It appears the hint meter fills up faster (i.e. the typewriter clacks) the more items you find by yourself. If you don't find any items, the hint meter just sits there waiting on you. I suppose you could leave that screen and go to another one to help refill the meter and then come back to the troublesome scene. Just an idea...

Did you notice that you can drag an inventory item over to the typewriter and it will tell you/show you the place that specific item is used for? I tried it twice but it didn't really help all that much - I just need more patience until I reach the place to use the inventory items.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread [Re: ScarletDragon] #428710
11/26/08 06:50 PM
11/26/08 06:50 PM
Western New York
NYLady Offline
Addicted Boomer
NYLady  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Western New York
After playing the game for an hour or so I've decided I will be the only one probably that isn't crazy about the game. I quit playing adventure games and turned to casual games because in adventure I always find myself in the position of "what do I do next?" and here I am... what do I do next.

I find this game very frustrating. I bought it but probably won't finish it. I've been everywhere clicked on everything and can't figure out what to do next... I might wait for a WT and finish it.

EDIT... don't pay any heed to my grumblings... I was frustrated. I haven't played an adventure-type in quite a while.
I ended up loving the game.

Last edited by NYLady; 11/28/08 09:57 PM.

Prices are going up everywhere except in our incomes.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 649 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users