GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned #505812
05/30/09 12:33 PM
05/30/09 12:33 PM
Body in California/Heart in Ha...
syd Offline OP
Adept Boomer
syd  Offline OP
Adept Boomer

Greetings from the blood suckers of the world. I'm about ready to start the game and I have one question (so far). What is the significance of the History? Do I need to pick one? I'm going to take Barb's advice and play as a Gangrel first and I think I may go with the Pagan Priestess - good idea? Bad idea? Doesn't make a lick of difference in how the game plays out?

Oh and I downloaded and installed the unofficial patch 6.2 - again - should I have done that (don't want to get into the game and then find out I screwed it up by using the patch)

Dark Side : Risen
Light Side:

I can only please one person a day. Today isn't your day. Tomorrow's not looking good either.
Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned [Re: syd] #505821
05/30/09 01:28 PM
05/30/09 01:28 PM
Near St. Louis, MO
Draclvr Offline
Reviews Editor - Hints/Glitches Mod - Site Support
Draclvr  Offline
True Blue Boomer

Near St. Louis, MO
Gangrel is a good first character because of the strength and cool disciplines. The only thing choosing a certain character such as the Pagan Priestess does is award the character points a certain way before you start. Grab her and GO! The history is interesting only if you want to read it.

The last time I played I installed the unofficial patch too. It made a few minor changes in the game, but nothing significant. I've also played both with no patch and the official patch with no issues.

I think you're really going to like this game!

Gardens put to bed for the winter. Time for some gaming!
Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned [Re: Draclvr] #505848
05/30/09 02:56 PM
05/30/09 02:56 PM
Waimea Big Island of Hawaii
hawkavonpuka Offline
Addicted Boomer
hawkavonpuka  Offline
Addicted Boomer

My first play was as a Malkavian, we did fine except that I was playing on a slug of a computer so had to go God mode. Second time I was a Toredor but got sooo stuck in the museum that I just could not sneak and I was killing everyone. I left it as that then ran into all my mega computer issues and of course lost everything. Maybe I should start again, I think I patched the game. The console is good to have set up, just in case, but it does tend to freeze the game a lot.

What kind of magic spell to use?
Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned [Re: hawkavonpuka] #505985
05/31/09 04:05 AM
05/31/09 04:05 AM
Leavenworth, KS
Barb Offline
Addicted Boomer
Barb  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Leavenworth, KS
I have no idea what the "pagan priestess" is. Did I miss something here?

I never patched the game & I've had no problems, except when I tried to leave the Dane as a Nosferatu.

I never completed the museum without killing everybody in there, Judy. It doesn't seem to make a difference if you do. It's more fun, too! evil Why not give it another try?

Syd, you'll want to add experience points to animalism as soon as you can. The first discipline you'll earn is burrowing beetle. Then spectral wolf (very cool). Then you'll get bloodsuckers communion, my favorite in the game.

You'll learn a lot about kindred society as you go along. You already know a lot from Redemption. I think the whole thing is so interesting.

"Christof, do not play with thy food. 'tis unseemly".
Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned [Re: Barb] #506011
05/31/09 07:48 AM
05/31/09 07:48 AM
syd Offline OP
Adept Boomer
syd  Offline OP
Adept Boomer

I made it out of training - still a bit confused on the keyboard commands - went to talk to Jack and hit him with my pipe instead - he was unamused lol Forgot how to toggle from first person to third person so will have to find a manual and check that out. Did have trouble climbing down for some reason - I made the motions but didn't move - finally got myself down but have no clue how really.

I am now looking for some drugs to help poor Mercurio (he's in sad shape) and then off to the beach.

Not sure if you missed anything or not Barb - I just hit the History button during steup and there were about 6 Titles so I read through them and picked one I liked - figured I was supposed to grin

Light Side:

I can only please one person a day. Today isn't your day. Tomorrow's not looking good either.
Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned [Re: syd] #506026
05/31/09 08:38 AM
05/31/09 08:38 AM
Leavenworth, KS
Barb Offline
Addicted Boomer
Barb  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Leavenworth, KS
Toggle 1st and 3rd person by prssing Z. I still don't know where "history" is. Is it when you start a new game or what? I just always click on clan & gender.

You can find drugs in the Medical Center, usually on the 2nd floor.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned [Re: Barb] #506164
05/31/09 03:28 PM
05/31/09 03:28 PM
hawkavonpuka Offline
Addicted Boomer
hawkavonpuka  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Has anyone tried this on Vista yet? I would like it on my laptop, I am sure I can hook up my gamepad on this. Syd is will save you lots of stress if you use a gamepad, Drac and I do, we have Cyber Snipa and like it a lot.

Edit here: It doesn't seem to be available anywhere except their online store and they want twice what I paid for it devil maybe eBay? I bought mine from GoGamer, I think Drac did also, but maybe there are similiar ones out there.

Last edited by hawkavonpuka; 05/31/09 03:37 PM.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned [Re: hawkavonpuka] #506204
05/31/09 06:23 PM
05/31/09 06:23 PM
Near St. Louis, MO
Draclvr Offline
Draclvr  Offline
True Blue Boomer

Near St. Louis, MO
My gamepad is permanently attached to my left hand! It has made my gaming life so much easier...

I saw a few of them at Amazon.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned [Re: Draclvr] #506288
05/31/09 09:12 PM
05/31/09 09:12 PM
syd Offline OP
Adept Boomer
syd  Offline OP
Adept Boomer

Hawka I'm playing it on Vista right now - no problems at all. Played Redemption on Vista also.

Barb the History comes up when you're picking your character. It's the last thing you do before your character is finished.

I'll have to look into a gamepad - I've never used one - for some reason they seem complicated - it could be because I'm old too grin

Light Side:

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned [Re: syd] #506375
06/01/09 06:28 AM
06/01/09 06:28 AM
Near St. Louis, MO
Draclvr Offline
Draclvr  Offline
True Blue Boomer

Near St. Louis, MO
I'm old enough to retire in 24 days and start drawing SS next fall, syd! What the gamepad did for me was put everything at my fingertips with a nice to rest my wrist. The WASD keys are nice and big too.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned [Re: Barb] #506424
06/01/09 08:25 AM
06/01/09 08:25 AM
N.J. U.S.A.
croaker Offline
Addicted Boomer
croaker  Offline
Addicted Boomer

N.J. U.S.A.
Originally Posted By: Barb
Toggle 1st and 3rd person by prssing Z. I still don't know where "history" is. Is it when you start a new game or what? I just always click on clan & gender.

And in general, all the commands can be seen by looking through the options from the ESC-screen.

The character histories were part of what the game developers were planning on including but ran out of time to get them finished. The unofficial patches (by Wesp) have these included. They are interesting to read and some can have a real effect on your game, though most won't make a big difference. There are different history choices depending on your character's sex and clan, although some are shared.

Added later --
I started playing this game again the end of this weekend. This time I'm a Brujah, which so far hasn't seemed much different, but I haven't made it downtown yet to their base, although that'll happen tonight.

I wanted to warn that I ended up having to reinstall the game after using Wesp's latest unofficial patch (version 6.2) because the "grab object" action wasn't being made available. What I'm talking about is picking up boxes to move them around or cans/bottles to toss to make noise. The hand icon never appears and pressing E (action) had no effect. His previous version (6.1) works fine for me, which is what I'm using right now.

Last edited by croaker; 06/03/09 08:37 AM. Reason: update

Soldiers live and wonder why -- Glen Cook
Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned [Re: croaker] #508462
06/06/09 04:56 PM
06/06/09 04:56 PM
syd Offline OP
Adept Boomer
syd  Offline OP
Adept Boomer

Happy Saturday fellow vamps. I have a small technical problem that I hope one of you experts will be able to help me with. I am at the Ocean House Hotel getting the begeebees scared out of me (I haven't actually jumped like that since Blackstone Chronicles) eek Anywho, I am in the room where I have to bash the planking on the floor in order to get to the room below. How the heck do I do that? I have been able to bash walls okay, move items okay but bashing the floor has me hardwall

So far I'm having a grand time with the game. Finished quite a few side quests and just ambled back to the main one. Haven't upgraded myself yet - haven't decided where to assign all the experience points I have so I've just been swinging my lead pipe about and watching the bodies fly evil

croaker that's really strange that you can't use the hand icon - I have the 6.2 patch installed and am having no problems whatsoever. I can chuck things all over the place - weird

Light Side:

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned [Re: syd] #508499
06/06/09 06:36 PM
06/06/09 06:36 PM
Leavenworth, KS
Barb Offline
Addicted Boomer
Barb  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Leavenworth, KS
Isn't the Ocean House just a blast?! smile Very creepy! To break through the floor, put your cursor on the boards & you'll get an icon to break through. Then hit the action button.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned [Re: Barb] #508584
06/06/09 11:03 PM
06/06/09 11:03 PM
Near St. Louis, MO
Draclvr Offline
Draclvr  Offline
True Blue Boomer

Near St. Louis, MO
The single scariest part of any game I've played! I had to quit playing one night when I finally got to the basement. I still had to go out to the barn to feed the barn cats and I was just too creeped out to continue!

That part was tricky for me too. But Barb is right. When you hover your mouse in the right place on the boards, you will get the sledge-hammer cursor to break through.

I had no issues with the hand icon with this patch either...

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned [Re: Draclvr] #508589
06/06/09 11:34 PM
06/06/09 11:34 PM
Leavenworth, KS
Barb Offline
Addicted Boomer
Barb  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Leavenworth, KS
lol Drac, that's funny about the barn! I can certainly imagine how creepy it would be!

I think the abandoned hospital is the creepiest part of the game. I've had a lot of tests, mainly on my back, lately & one night I dreamed I was a patient in that hospital! Pisha was one of my nurses! What a nightmare! lol

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned [Re: Barb] #508597
06/07/09 12:22 AM
06/07/09 12:22 AM
Near St. Louis, MO
Draclvr Offline
Draclvr  Offline
True Blue Boomer

Near St. Louis, MO
Pisha! Oh, my. That is the SECOND creepiest part of any game I've played. And to have her in my dreams? scared

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned [Re: Barb] #508687
06/07/09 08:31 AM
06/07/09 08:31 AM
syd Offline OP
Adept Boomer
syd  Offline OP
Adept Boomer

Thanks for the tip. It was not a technical error, it was an operator error. Instead of hitting the E key I kept hitting the left mouse button crazy Dumb, dumb, dumb.

At any rate I made it out of the hotel alive - barely - actually got killed once when the elevator fell on me and squished me like a bug but other than that lol

I am now back in the sewers with the swimming rats - such joy.

Oh great, now I have a hospital to look forward to?????

Light Side:

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned [Re: syd] #508716
06/07/09 09:54 AM
06/07/09 09:54 AM
Near St. Louis, MO
Draclvr Offline
Draclvr  Offline
True Blue Boomer

Near St. Louis, MO
Oh, worse than that - an abandoned hospital with horrors, such horrors...

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned [Re: Draclvr] #508743
06/07/09 11:32 AM
06/07/09 11:32 AM
Leavenworth, KS
Barb Offline
Addicted Boomer
Barb  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Leavenworth, KS
The hospital is creepy, but easy. I don't think you can get killed there, unless you attack Pisha. It's easy to get lost, though.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned [Re: syd] #509609
06/09/09 10:29 AM
06/09/09 10:29 AM
N.J. U.S.A.
croaker Offline
Addicted Boomer
croaker  Offline
Addicted Boomer

N.J. U.S.A.
Originally Posted By: Barb
The hospital is creepy, but easy. I don't think you can get killed there, unless you attack Pisha. It's easy to get lost, though.

The hospital is entirely optional, but you get a couple of helpful items by doing it.

You won't get attacked by anything here. The initial challenge is to navigate your way through to where Pisha hangs around. Even once the pathway is cleared on your way back out, there's usually enough crud lying around to make traveling awkward.

The Hotel is definately creepy, even when doing for the third or fourth time, and it's quite possible to die in it, and not just due to rapid elevator impacts.

Originally Posted By: syd
croaker that's really strange that you can't use the hand icon - I have the 6.2 patch installed and am having no problems whatsoever. I can chuck things all over the place - weird

I suppose it could have been a bad interaction with one of the other patches I was trying this time -- ones that have nicer models for some NPCs and items, but that seems unlikely to me. I still had an odd effect with this game (using the 6.1 "basic") in which I could never find Gary's old film video at the theatre. It's not like it's something that helps with gaining money or XP, but I'd already collected all the other items he was going to be asking for, so I ended up using "give item_g_garys_film" at the console instead. (I felt bad doing this, though.)

Soldiers live and wonder why -- Glen Cook
Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned [Re: croaker] #509662
06/09/09 01:02 PM
06/09/09 01:02 PM
hawkavonpuka Offline
Addicted Boomer
hawkavonpuka  Offline
Addicted Boomer

I used the console to get that item in the Ocean House hotel, there was no way to get back up there if you missed it. I also used God mode to get through the flaming mansion. I would always panic and not be able to get away from the ghouls. I sure loved sneaking up on the non flaming ones and breaking their necks or cutting their throats. Malkavian was so fun!!

I think it is time to load this up and see how it does on the laptop.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned [Re: hawkavonpuka] #509848
06/09/09 09:19 PM
06/09/09 09:19 PM
syd Offline OP
Adept Boomer
syd  Offline OP
Adept Boomer

Hawka I tried to use the console with Redemption but I have Vista and I had no clue where anything was so I gave up and played it the hard way lol

I didn't mind the flaming corridors but I sure as heck had a fit with the warehouse blowing up part. Got killed a couple of times before I made it out of there (along with some serious cussing I might add).

I am now Downtown trying to figure out what I'm supposed to be doing. It took me hours to find the bar where Nine was - you can't believe how tired I got of running around LA trying to find that stupid bar.

I did go into the abandoned hospital but couldn't figure out where to go so I left. I'm sure I'll go back and try again - can't leave a scary abandoned building alone now can I??grin

Light Side:

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned [Re: syd] #509872
06/09/09 10:09 PM
06/09/09 10:09 PM
Near St. Louis, MO
Draclvr Offline
Draclvr  Offline
True Blue Boomer

Near St. Louis, MO
Ah, so you've met the utterly sexy Nines Rodriques? Hubba, hubba!!

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned [Re: Draclvr] #514675
06/22/09 11:37 AM
06/22/09 11:37 AM
Leavenworth, KS
Barb Offline
Addicted Boomer
Barb  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Leavenworth, KS
Ooh, yeah, Nines. He's hot!

How are you doing, Syd? Have you done the Elizabeth Dane yet?

I wanted to give you a tip - it's important that you get your Persuation feat to 4 - there will be some places where it comes in handy. Do you have spectral wolf yet? It's level 3 animalism.

I always try to get that before doing the warehouse, and Bloodsuckers communion (level 4) before doing the Grout mansion. You'll want to see Venus at Confessions club soon. She'll make you a partner in her club after you do her quests. The quests are easy, & she'll give you money every so often. It's one of the first things I do when I get downtown.

I couldn't resist, & started a new game yesterday. I'm doing the Giovannis now. Did you figure out what to do in the abandoned hospital, Syd? You certainly can't leave a scary abandoned building alone, although it is an optional quest.

Drac, don't you think Beckett is sexy, too? There's something about him... I think Fat Larry and Jack are so funny.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned [Re: Barb] #516414
06/27/09 08:29 AM
06/27/09 08:29 AM
syd Offline OP
Adept Boomer
syd  Offline OP
Adept Boomer

Have to agree with you both - Nines is a hottie and yes, Beckett is no slouch either.

Yep Barb I got through the abandoned hospital - my what an interesting indivudal she is evil For some reason the quest we talked about never registered on my quest log so I couldn't get to the statue she talked about - I could see where it was in the Museum and figured out what I needed to do but there was no action icon. I thought maybe I didn't trigger the right conversation points so I went back (I know my way around that hospital now - I duck, jump, weave and bob my way down in nothing flat) lol When I talked to her again, she said something about the artifact being stolen with the sarcophagus. So at this point I don't know if I can get it or not. It's still not showing up as a quest per say.

Speaking of the museum - have any of you gone through that and not killed a guard? I did fine until the first control room - I tried to sneak in and grab the manual but no way. I had to kill him. I also had to kill the guard that was in the control room right before you hit the laser beams in the hall. I could not get past him.

I just finished taking care of Venus' little money problem. I am now on my way to give her the good news grin

I have to confess I have no finess as a vampire - I'm a close and personal type of gal, which can cause all sorts of problems when someone like the good Bishop has a shotgun and I'm going after him with a knife. lol It took a lot of running and hiding behind walls and furniture to heal up before I finally got him.

As to the wolf spector - nope I'm still at level 2 and my persuasion is non-existant - if I need it at 4 I'm in deep trouble right now.

Light Side:

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Trail_Mystic 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (soot), 267 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users