GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail [Re: blsbet44] #543794
09/05/09 05:36 AM
09/05/09 05:36 AM
Manchester
R
ritchiesbabe Offline
Settled Boomer
ritchiesbabe  Offline
Settled Boomer
R

Manchester
Nah this wouldn't work you see cos you type your name in when you begin and then it just autosaves on that save I don't think there's a way you can change slots.
It's a pain tho.

Originally Posted By: widget
Have almost finished this game and love it, now I have a credit was wondering if Nancy Drew Dossier: Lights, Camera, Curses is similar, have look at BF walk through and it is just 1-line instructions, does not look as exciting,
any opinions would help me decide.
thanks

Hi there since noone has responded yet I'll give my opinion.
Having just played both recently I can say that the second one was much more enjoyable for me personally and it seemed harder than the first.

I think the first one was fairly straight forward and it kept giving me hints when I didn't need them.

If you have nothing better to spend the credit on then get this one but you probably won't find it as good as you have played the better of the two first.

It's definitely similar gameplay tho but as it was the first dossier game I don't think they had tweaked it yet.

Does anyone know how we can see the special ending in the first game I was just short on the points needed to see it when I finished the game.
Anyone know if there's a trick to see it?

Last edited by BrownEyedTigre; 09/05/09 09:21 AM. Reason: Combined 3 stacked posts

"Life's a game. It's meant to be played."
Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail [Re: ritchiesbabe] #543827
09/05/09 08:31 AM
09/05/09 08:31 AM
qadventuregames Offline
Settled Boomer
qadventuregames  Offline
Settled Boomer

Quote:
Does anyone know how we can see the special ending in the first game I was just short on the points needed to see it when I finished the game.
Anyone know if there's a trick to see it?

Hi ritchiesbabe!

I just sent you an email. Let me know if it works. luck

"Q"

You do not get Harmony, if you all sing the same note.
Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail [Re: blsbet44] #543842
09/05/09 09:18 AM
09/05/09 09:18 AM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline OP
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Blsbet, you cannot save or name your saves, it autosaves for you.

Widget, I really enjoyed Lights, Camera , Curses. If you enjoyed this one, you will like the first, they are in the same fun format.

You'll also understand about the sister then, since that is what the first game is about.

Ritchiesbabe, please do not stack your posts. If you have more to say and no one has posted behind you, please use the edit button.

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #543855
09/05/09 09:54 AM
09/05/09 09:54 AM
Humidity + Hair.. UGH!
blsbet44 Offline
Addicted Boomer
blsbet44  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Humidity + Hair.. UGH!
Ko wasn't sure smile

Dear forest animals,
I've been singing for over an hour, where are you?
Sincerely,
Too lazy to clean the house
Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #543856
09/05/09 09:56 AM
09/05/09 09:56 AM
qadventuregames Offline
Settled Boomer
qadventuregames  Offline
Settled Boomer

Quote:
Blsbet, you cannot save or name your saves, it autosaves for you.

Hi Blsbet!

Ana is 100% correct; but I do this to try and workaround the problem.

After the game has autosaved, exit the game and try and find where the game has placed the autosave. Some games you can see your profile/save and others you can't.

If you can see your profile/save, copy it and rename it to something that makes sense to you.
If you do this after every level, you have in effect a save after every level. If you ever want to revert to a different copy/save, just rename it back to its original name, and there you are.

I really used this a lot when I played DragonStone. I'd be going along doing great, and then I would die. Argh!! No problem, just exited the game went to a trusty copy/save and I was good to go again. In fact, Hubby was playing DragonStone on a different computer, and would use my copies/saves when he didn't have enough lives to proceed in the game.

It's not a perfect solution and it doesn't work for every game, but it's better than nothing. lol

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail [Re: qadventuregames] #543857
09/05/09 10:00 AM
09/05/09 10:00 AM
In the Naughty Corner
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
I tried that with Dossier Q and the game will load with the saves but then crashes when you try and play. sad

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #543871
09/05/09 10:30 AM
09/05/09 10:30 AM
qadventuregames Offline
Settled Boomer
qadventuregames  Offline
Settled Boomer

Quote:
I tried that with Dossier Q and the game will load with the saves but then crashes when you try and play.

Very strange - I didn't encounter the crashing problem.

Did you have the problem at just one particular level, or all levels? Also I'm playing the game on XP I don't know if that makes a difference.

I've used this workaround with quite a few games including Dossier, and never had a crashing problem. headscratch

Well - it was worth a try.

"Q"

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail [Re: qadventuregames] #543931
09/05/09 02:02 PM
09/05/09 02:02 PM
Norfolk UK
widget Offline
Settled Boomer
widget  Offline
Settled Boomer

Norfolk UK
thank you for the replies B E Tigre and Richesbabe, will think about getting the first one, thanks for advice.

Keep going, the feeling great at the end.
Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail [Re: widget] #543979
09/05/09 04:42 PM
09/05/09 04:42 PM
In the Naughty Corner
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
"Q" I am not refering to using those saves on your owm game but transferring them to someone else on another computer. Lots of folks ask for saves, they just don't transfer well.

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #543993
09/05/09 05:17 PM
09/05/09 05:17 PM
qadventuregames Offline
Settled Boomer
qadventuregames  Offline
Settled Boomer

Quote:
"Q" I am not refering to using those saves on your owm game but transferring them to someone else on another computer. Lots of folks ask for saves, they just don't transfer well.

Ah! We were talking about two different things. rotfl

I was referring to creating some additional copy/save points within your own game.

Although I must say, at least for DragonStone, my copy/saves worked for my Hubby on his computer. He only had to open a game profile the same as the copy/save I had given him.

I guess we were all spoiled by adventure game saves. Maybe someday casual games will change their save feature. Until then I'll enjoy them the way they are.

"Q"

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail [Re: qadventuregames] #544459
09/07/09 05:07 AM
09/07/09 05:07 AM
Manchester
R
ritchiesbabe Offline
Settled Boomer
ritchiesbabe  Offline
Settled Boomer
R

Manchester
Thanks Q I'm yet to see if it works as my sister is making her way through the game and I wouldn't like to meddle with anything before she has finished as the da*n game has already made her restart three times so far. I've come to the conclusion it doesn't like the name Diane being used, she will know this nancy back to front by the time she's finished it.

I'm thinking she must unlock the hidden credits for the second surely.

Does anyone know when the 3rd dossier game is out?

They are kind of addictive, I think definitely ones to play on your own tho. With the adventures I usually play them with my sister. Two heads are better than one and all that haha.

Last edited by ritchiesbabe; 09/07/09 05:07 AM.

"Life's a game. It's meant to be played."
Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail [Re: ritchiesbabe] #544500
09/07/09 08:22 AM
09/07/09 08:22 AM
In the Naughty Corner
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Ritchiesbabe, the first Dossier came out in NOv 2008 and not this one in August 2009. It sure would be nice if they did it like their adventure games, twice a year (Jul-Oct) and that would mean we could see one again in Nov. I think I'm being too hopeful though. lol

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #545057
09/08/09 02:37 PM
09/08/09 02:37 PM
FORT PIERCE, FLORIDA USA
PATSY Offline
Addicted Boomer
PATSY  Offline
Addicted Boomer

FORT PIERCE, FLORIDA USA
Ana ,
Just received the game,& going to install right now. Thanks again for the opportunity.

Sincerely

Last edited by PATSY; 09/08/09 02:37 PM.

PATSY
Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail [Re: Marian] #548697
09/19/09 12:42 AM
09/19/09 12:42 AM
S
suzannes22 Offline
Shy Boomer
suzannes22  Offline
Shy Boomer
S

hi i am stuck in the reception area..a bomb went off in there n i retrived all the letters but can not figure out what the letters spell... can anyone holp plz

thnx suz

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail [Re: suzannes22] #548778
09/19/09 09:53 AM
09/19/09 09:53 AM
In the Naughty Corner
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Suzanne, I am not sure what level you are on, but the answers are all in the walkthrough Here.

Ana luck

Don't feed the Trolls
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (manxman, 2 invisible), 303 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users