GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Secret Files 2: Puritas Cordis Demo - 6 security threads #565165
11/07/09 12:06 PM
11/07/09 12:06 PM
C
centrino Offline OP
Shy Boomer
centrino  Offline OP
Shy Boomer
C

Was checking out Secret Files 2 at
http://www.gameboomers.com/Adventureinformation.htm.

Norton Safe Web reported the Demo file at

http://files.filefront.com/SecretFiles2+PuritasCordis+DEMO+ENexe/;13644675;/fileinfo.html

has 6 security threads.

For full report, see Norton Safe Web

I wanted to download the demo but now decided not to because of the trojan horses, adwares and worms frown

Re: Secret Files 2: Puritas Cordis Demo - 6 security threads [Re: centrino] #565177
11/07/09 12:27 PM
11/07/09 12:27 PM
Québec
Chief Offline
Adept Boomer
Chief  Offline
Adept Boomer

Québec
Hello centrino and thanks for the info about FileFront.

Unless I'm mistaken and from what I'm reading at the link you made to Norton Safe Web, the security threats concern the site in general (those 6) and not the demo of Secret Files 2.

Up to now and as far as I know, no member reported having a problem with the demo.

I'll check it and report back.

Chief wave

EDIT: it is OK with my Window XP computer.

Chief
Re: Secret Files 2: Puritas Cordis Demo - 6 security threads [Re: Chief] #565217
11/07/09 02:14 PM
11/07/09 02:14 PM
C
centrino Offline OP
Shy Boomer
centrino  Offline OP
Shy Boomer
C

I guess you are right Chief.

I have Norton Internet Security installed.

Any web page I opened, if the site is safe, I get a green check mark. When I open the download page at FileFront, I get a red check mark warning me about the threats at FileFront. I closed the page immediately as if I know that site is unsafe, why would I want to enter the site at all?

Some sites are outright bad, nobody would visit them, eventually they shut down as there is no traffic.

Some sites are clean in certain areas but have threats in others because if they make it outright bad, nobody would visit them. So I guess they have some clean pages ie. let people have some goodies, hoping that one day, they open those pages with the worms, trogans etc.

The question is did FileFront put the worms, trogans in those pages or are they even aware of it?

If FileFront did intentionally put the worms, trogans, then FileFront is a malicious site and I will definitely not visit them at all.

I found an alternative link for Secret Files 2 download, Norton gives a green check mark on my browser and this is a safe site:

http://www.worthdownloading.com/download.php?gid=2333&id=18631

Secret Files 2: Puritas Cordis - English Demo

Thanks Chief for investigating thumbsup

Re: Secret Files 2: Puritas Cordis Demo - 6 security threads [Re: centrino] #565223
11/07/09 02:36 PM
11/07/09 02:36 PM
Québec
Chief Offline
Adept Boomer
Chief  Offline
Adept Boomer

Québec
centrino, if you use the US Mirror at Wothdown...... to download your Demo, you will be redirected to FileFront.

I often go to the link of Worthdownloading and eventualy to FileFront and never got a problem with them.

I never used the other 3 Mirror sites, so I can't tell about them.

Thanks again.

Chief wave

Last edited by Chief; 11/07/09 02:37 PM.

Chief
Re: Secret Files 2: Puritas Cordis Demo - 6 security threads [Re: Chief] #565234
11/07/09 03:45 PM
11/07/09 03:45 PM
C
centrino Offline OP
Shy Boomer
centrino  Offline OP
Shy Boomer
C

Hi Chief

You're right again. The Worthdownloading site takes me right back to FileFront where there are possible security threats.

But here is the good news. I found another download site which is safe.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/adventure/secretfiles2/download_6208486.html

This is the GameSpot site. Reputable and safe. To download, create a free GameSpot account. Then login to GameSpot and download the demo.

This time, I tried and the download would begin immediately when I click Download in GameSpot. It is a big file, about 944MB.

Cheers thumbsup

Re: Secret Files 2: Puritas Cordis Demo - 6 security threads [Re: centrino] #565236
11/07/09 03:48 PM
11/07/09 03:48 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
centrino, filefront is a very reputable site as well. Sometimes certain things in a site trigger a false positive for a virus. I would highly doubt that filefront has a true virus on their download.

You must however, do only what you are comfortable with and I am glad you found an alternative.

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Secret Files 2: Puritas Cordis Demo - 6 security threads [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #566049
11/09/09 10:05 PM
11/09/09 10:05 PM
C
centrino Offline OP
Shy Boomer
centrino  Offline OP
Shy Boomer
C

Let's hope FileFront takes this seriously and will remove the security threats, false positive or otherwise, if not, sooner or later their reputation will be gone.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
4 registered members (seagul, Draclvr, hagatha, Pandora), 115 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users