GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Mystery Case Files - Dire Grove video released [Re: catsmom] #569489
11/20/09 12:58 PM
11/20/09 12:58 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Duly noted. grin

Moving on

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Mystery Case Files - Dire Grove video released [Re: OldMan44] #569490
11/20/09 01:19 PM
11/20/09 01:19 PM
G
GPM Offline
Settled Boomer
GPM  Offline
Settled Boomer
G

I've hesitated to become involved in this discussion, but perhaps I can contribute a perspective that might be helpful.

I think it's important to remember that BFG is both a game portal AND a game developer.

The fine customer service and $6.99 price point are among the many strengths of the portal side of the business.

The consistently cutting edge, technically unmatched, "out of the ballpark" games in the MCF, HE and Drawn series that are developed by BFG are strengths of the developer side of the business.

It's clear to me that, in the new release methodology, the developer side is doing exactly what every other game developer does - it's marketing its products at the highest possible price upon release and then decreasing the price as time passes, giving those early adopters, who are willing to purchase at a higher price and without an opportunity to demo the product, some extra goodies as well.

To me, that's no different than being the first on your block to own an iPhone, a Kindle, a flat screen TV, one of numerous game systems or pretty much anything else - if you want to have it first, you're going to have to pay top dollar for it.

Like many of you, I've bought a number of games from BFG. And I think most of us would agree there is an incredible range in the production quality of the games, despite the fact that all have been purchased for $6.99 or less.

If we want these extraordinarily high quality games to continue to be produced - and who doesn't? - it's unreasonable to expect the company to limit its ability to recover the equally extraordinarily high costs it occurs in developing them simply because it also operates a game portal business as well.

Unlike that nifty new toy that we all want but which not all of us may be able to afford - or to be able to afford right away - at least we know that these games will be produced and ultimately will be available at a price we all can afford!

P.S. The two posts immediately preceding this one were added while I was writing. I **must** become less long-winded!

Re: Mystery Case Files - Dire Grove video released [Re: GPM] #569494
11/20/09 01:50 PM
11/20/09 01:50 PM
B
BellaRosa Offline
Settled Boomer
BellaRosa  Offline
Settled Boomer
B

GPM, I understand your way of thinking on this but let me try to explain mine. The comments are not directed at you but Big Fish.

There are a lot of great games being made out there that are cutting edge and cost a lot to make. Big Fish quelled the opportunity for those developers to make more money on them at their portal when they changed their game pricing policy to $6.99 for all games. So, do Big Fish members only have substandard games other than the ones that BF now deem good enough for them to charge extra which happen to be their own?

Apart from that, the biggest issue is how members are being treated in this instance.
I have spent in the last 12 months- $3000 of my currency there- I feel I have done my part to contribute, but now I am not entitled to a game on the day it is released unless I pay money for extras I do not want.

This is unacceptable to me. I am not asking for the enhanced edition at the same price- just the basic version at the same time.

BFG-Guys call- upset some of his members- the amount will not be determined until this goes live- or keep everyone happy by offering both versions.

It sseems a simple enough way to please everyone and keep Big Fish known for what it currently has a reputation for. Looking after members.

Re: Mystery Case Files - Dire Grove video released [Re: BellaRosa] #569502
11/20/09 02:24 PM
11/20/09 02:24 PM
South Carolina
jody319 Offline
Settled Boomer
jody319  Offline
Settled Boomer

South Carolina
deleted by Jody

Last edited by jody319; 11/20/09 05:07 PM. Reason: don't want to be part of discussion
Re: Mystery Case Files - Dire Grove video released [Re: BellaRosa] #569511
11/20/09 02:59 PM
11/20/09 02:59 PM
Georgia, USA
OldMan44 Offline
Settled Boomer
OldMan44  Offline
Settled Boomer

Georgia, USA
Thank You BellaRosa!

You hit it right on the nose. Exactly the point I was trying to make in my roundabout way. My disappointment was that Judy and I felt that all of the pre-game release hype had led us to believe that we would be getting a new MCF game by the end of this month and we had set aside a credit for it which we fully intended to use (sight unseen) about 1 minute after midnight the day it was released (as we have done with all of the HE, MCF & Azada series). Then the day this thread was started we learn (both here & on the Big Fish site) that we were going to have to wait until the “first part of December” for it; and if we wanted it before then it was going to cost 3 times as much.

@ GPM, all of your points are valid and good ones; and I was well aware of ALL of them before your post. In fact I agree with them, but they really didn’t have anything to do with what I was disappointed in. Oh, and don’t become any less “long-winded” (as you put it) in the future, I always have to type my posts up in MSWord prior to posting in order to get my thoughts straight in my mind. So take your time and say what you want to say. I for one am very happy to listen to your opinion.

I do hope that BFG-Guy, does keep reading this thread so that he sees how some of his customers feel about what his company is doing. Big Fish is a leader (if not THE Leader) in the Casual Game Industry, both as a portal & developer. So where his company goes the others will follow. I do hope that this is not the beginning of an upwardly spiraling “price point” for ALL casual games. We don’t mind paying more for a Good Long game that Judy & I feel we get our moneys worth in game play & re-playability, but that is not the case (as you said GPM) with so many of them…2 or 3 hours at the most; not much bang for $20 bucks or more.

Happy Gamming All,
OldMan44
Re: Mystery Case Files - Dire Grove video released [Re: OldMan44] #569517
11/20/09 03:40 PM
11/20/09 03:40 PM
B
BellaRosa Offline
Settled Boomer
BellaRosa  Offline
Settled Boomer
B

Hi oldman-- you are making your points extremely well if you ask me.

I typed up a long post but deleted it- I have a lot more thoughts and feelings on this but a bit too upset right now to post more about it as I am starting to come across too emotional on the issue.

As you say, I hope BFG-Guy takes what we say into consideration.

Re: Mystery Case Files - Dire Grove video released [Re: BellaRosa] #569550
11/20/09 06:07 PM
11/20/09 06:07 PM
Central Islip NY
thracia Offline
Addicted Boomer
thracia  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Central Islip NY
I have read these posts, and can understand everyones point of view. I would just like to add one more comment. I do not believe that the customers should tell a company how to run their business. This can become a difficult problem for the company. As the old saying goes "you can't please all of the people all of the time". I feel BigFish has gone out of it's way to make people happy, but there comes a time when they have to make decisions that are the best for the company.I would buy the Collectors Edition if I feel it is what I want(and these usually cost more than the regular release). If not, I will wait for the regular edition. Either way I know that BigFish will release an exceptional product.

thracia

~Didi~
There will come a point in your life, when you realize what really matters, what never did, and what always will.
Unknown
Re: Mystery Case Files - Dire Grove video released [Re: BellaRosa] #569551
11/20/09 06:09 PM
11/20/09 06:09 PM
Columbus Ms.
G
Gordon Offline
Settled Boomer
Gordon  Offline
Settled Boomer
G

Columbus Ms.
Geez people, lighten up! It's a GAME for crying out loud. It's not like they're offering a cure for cancer or something. Like anything else, if the whole thing "Is Your Cup of Tea" then go for it! If NOT, then dont. The collectors edition comes out a few days earlier then the regular? What, "You got nothin else to do in the mean time?"

Re: Mystery Case Files - Dire Grove video released [Re: Gordon] #569553
11/20/09 06:12 PM
11/20/09 06:12 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Can we all take a breath and just get back to the discussion of the game itself please wave

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
-Roger Caras
Re: Mystery Case Files - Dire Grove video released [Re: looney4labs] #569556
11/20/09 06:21 PM
11/20/09 06:21 PM
Florida
Teddo Offline
Settled Boomer
Teddo  Offline
Settled Boomer

Florida
I agree with Gordon...let's lighten up!!! Personally, I'm just delighted that BigFish exists. If I don't want to spend $20, I'll take the $6.99 one. Big Fish is a wonderful company...let's continue to support them and be grateful for the fun and happiness we've experienced. Love, Teddo

none
Re: Mystery Case Files - Dire Grove video released [Re: Teddo] #569573
11/20/09 07:56 PM
11/20/09 07:56 PM
BFG-Guy Offline OP
Settled Boomer
BFG-Guy  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

Keep in mind that the Collector's Edition does not even take up a new release slot as it is not just a game. We will be releasing a lot of great new games every day for $6.99 including on the 25th!!...even games like the new Amazing Adventures (a great HOG) that the developer launched and sold on their site for $20 for the first few months.

When Dire Grove does launch a few weeks later it will be the new game of the day and it will be at $6.99 and it will be an amazing and long game experience. We are not taking anything away, we are adding extra stuff for the avid fans to help pay for the 7 figure development cost of MCF games. The people who buy the Collector's Edition are actually subsidizing the people who only pay $6.99. Once you get the $6.99 version and realize the incredible game it is, you can thank the people who paid $19.95 for enabling that level of quality and depth, all for the price of a latte (yes, I live in Seattle the coffee capital of the world so everything is priced relative to a latte smile )

Please hold your judgment until after you try the $6.99 game...it is the full deal!

BFG-Guy

"A New Game Every Day!" keeps boredom away.
Re: Mystery Case Files - Dire Grove video released [Re: BFG-Guy] #569575
11/20/09 08:05 PM
11/20/09 08:05 PM
Central Islip NY
thracia Offline
Addicted Boomer
thracia  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Central Islip NY
Thanks again for all you do BFG-Guy.You run a first class operation. I think I will help susidize the $6.99 people. I have in the past spent $19.99 in the store,(or $20 in a slot machinegrin) on a casual game and would have no problem paying the same for this game.I am really looking forward to this game.

thracia

Last edited by thracia; 11/20/09 08:08 PM.

~Didi~
There will come a point in your life, when you realize what really matters, what never did, and what always will.
Unknown
Re: Mystery Case Files - Dire Grove video released [Re: thracia] #569576
11/20/09 08:08 PM
11/20/09 08:08 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Thanks BFG-Guy, count me in too!yay

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Mystery Case Files - Dire Grove video released [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #569599
11/20/09 09:37 PM
11/20/09 09:37 PM
Sacramento, CA
Sly One Offline
Addicted Boomer
Sly One  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Sacramento, CA
And....BFG-Guy count me in too!. I cannot wait. I am like a little kid waiting for Xmas on the 25th except in November instead of December. I'm on vacation as well (earlier I posted that it was the week after Thanksgiving, but it's not). I'm home and clearing my schedule so on the 25th first thing in the AM I will be playing. Thanks again. You all do a wonderful job and I don't find any issues with what your doing at all. Just my opinion.
Barbara

Re: Mystery Case Files - Dire Grove video released [Re: Sly One] #569605
11/20/09 10:09 PM
11/20/09 10:09 PM
Rupert, Idaho
ShyTy Offline
Addicted Boomer
ShyTy  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Rupert, Idaho
I'm in also BFG Guy even though I'm extending my limit on the credit card! lol

Lori wave

Re: Mystery Case Files - Dire Grove video released [Re: ShyTy] #569620
11/20/09 10:40 PM
11/20/09 10:40 PM
KY
C
carlahelp Offline
Settled Boomer
carlahelp  Offline
Settled Boomer
C

KY
Hey BFG-Guy!!

Are we gonna have a problem downloading this great game? Everyone is going to be doing it almost all at the same time. I'm getting the Collector's Edition and can hardly wait to start playing.

carlahelp

Re: Mystery Case Files - Dire Grove video released [Re: BFG-Guy] #569635
11/20/09 11:40 PM
11/20/09 11:40 PM
Port Orchard, WA USA
HorseDancer Offline
Settled Boomer
HorseDancer  Offline
Settled Boomer

Port Orchard, WA USA
Yahoo! Thanks for the Thanksgiving gift of a great game with wonderful surprises. I have been a BFG member since 2007 and a Beta tester of several of your games and love the idea of getting a game ahead of the pack! turkey turkey

Before BFG, $19.95 was the standard price of a d/l game. Many games in the stores were much more. It has been such a joy in my life to be able to afford games again that paying a one time $19.95 to BFG is a treat for me and a token of my thanks to BFG!

I am especially happy for something new to puzzle over as I just had to put my wonderful mare, Melicia del Rosa, to sleep. She was sick, weak and unable to stand up anymore, so there was only the choice of ending her live with dignity and me by her side, or letting her suffer. I rescued her 11 years ago when she was going to be sold to the meat packers and she has been a wonderful friend and companion. I miss her so and have been in tears so escaping into a game is a blessed relief. thanks

Happy Trails,
HorseDancer

Happy Trails!
HorseDancer

Re: Mystery Case Files - Dire Grove video released [Re: HorseDancer] #569670
11/21/09 06:27 AM
11/21/09 06:27 AM
winter springs fl.
connie Offline
Graduate Boomer
connie  Offline
Graduate Boomer

winter springs fl.
I will also be standing in that line BFG-Guy. yay Horse Dancer, I'm sorry for the loss of your horse. wave

Connie
Re: Mystery Case Files - Dire Grove video released [Re: connie] #569699
11/21/09 08:17 AM
11/21/09 08:17 AM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Yep, I'll be buying it when it comes out, though I most likely won't have time to play it for a bit wave

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
-Roger Caras
Re: Mystery Case Files - Dire Grove video released [Re: looney4labs] #569703
11/21/09 08:43 AM
11/21/09 08:43 AM
Central Islip NY
thracia Offline
Addicted Boomer
thracia  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Central Islip NY
L4L,you sound like me, even if I have no time to play the game, I have to download it immediatley. Has to do with my problem of instant gratification. I also don't mind paying the higher price to help pay for the cost of making a game like this. Sometimes I think we don't always realize how much things cost to make.

PS: Sorry for your loss HorseDancer
thracia

Last edited by thracia; 11/21/09 08:44 AM. Reason: spelling again

~Didi~
Unknown
Re: Mystery Case Files - Dire Grove video released [Re: BFG-Guy] #569711
11/21/09 10:22 AM
11/21/09 10:22 AM
B
BellaRosa Offline
Settled Boomer
BellaRosa  Offline
Settled Boomer
B

Originally Posted By: BFG-Guy
Keep in mind that the Collector's Edition does not even take up a new release slot as it is not just a game. We will be releasing a lot of great new games every day for $6.99 including on the 25th!!...even games like the new Amazing Adventures (a great HOG) that the developer launched and sold on their site for $20 for the first few months.

When Dire Grove does launch a few weeks later it will be the new game of the day and it will be at $6.99 and it will be an amazing and long game experience. We are not taking anything away, we are adding extra stuff for the avid fans to help pay for the 7 figure development cost of MCF games. The people who buy the Collector's Edition are actually subsidizing the people who only pay $6.99. Once you get the $6.99 version and realize the incredible game it is, you can thank the people who paid $19.95 for enabling that level of quality and depth, all for the price of a latte (yes, I live in Seattle the coffee capital of the world so everything is priced relative to a latte smile )

Please hold your judgment until after you try the $6.99 game...it is the full deal!

Hi BFG-Guy
Well that is disappointing that the money I have spent to date with your company counts for nothing towards development costs of future games and seems I have wasted a good deal of it for nought. I certainly would not want to be subsidised by anyone, and in my delusion thought I had been paying my own way well over the call of duty. I guess I will pass on RTR with snow.

Re: Mystery Case Files - Dire Grove video released [Re: BellaRosa] #569752
11/21/09 01:46 PM
11/21/09 01:46 PM
NY
Springchicken Offline
Addicted Boomer
Springchicken  Offline
Addicted Boomer

NY
Hi BFG-Guy,
Now you made me feel cheap for not wanting to spend $20.00 for the casual even super -duper game download. I thought we all members of your Jumbo club contributed a lot to support your company by sheer amount of the games we are buying every month. I'm not sure you would get the same profit from a lot fewer people going to buy this expensive version. Sorry, but I don't see the point to be thankful to them.

Why resist temptation? There will always be more. Don Herold.
Re: Mystery Case Files - Dire Grove video released [Re: looney4labs] #569753
11/21/09 01:47 PM
11/21/09 01:47 PM
Port Orchard, WA USA
HorseDancer Offline
Settled Boomer
HorseDancer  Offline
Settled Boomer

Port Orchard, WA USA
thanks so much for your kind words my friends. I am writing a tribute to my mare about her life and foals that she took such great care of and loved so much. It will take awhile, and in the meantime I am very grateful for the distraction of games!

All the best,
HorseDancer

Happy Trails!
HorseDancer

Re: Mystery Case Files - Dire Grove video released [Re: HorseDancer] #569769
11/21/09 02:48 PM
11/21/09 02:48 PM
Sumrall, MS
raylinstephens Offline
Addicted Boomer
raylinstephens  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Sumrall, MS
Just my 2-cents worth - "so what?"

Either buy the $20 game or wait for the $7 game - either way we still get a terrific game.

Am I happy that there are 2 different release dates? No, but then I am not going to be suffering from this either. Life will go on - get over it people. There are too many important things to be concerned about without adding something so trivial as a release date for the next installment of the MCF games.

Will I purchase the Special Edition? I will be purchasing this game on Nov 25th! I gave it a lot of thought and if it had been a game BFG would not be getting, I would have at least considered spending the $20 at SpinTop like I did for Mortimer Beckett #2.

So YES, I am going to buy the Special Edition on Nov 25th because I love BFG more than SpinTop - and I am thankful for all the great games I have purchased for $6.99 and even some at $.99 and $2.99

Life is too short to be this upset about a release date (or two) for a casual game.

turkey

Last edited by raylinstephens; 11/22/09 08:27 PM.

So many games, so little time.
Re: Mystery Case Files - Dire Grove video released [Re: raylinstephens] #569774
11/21/09 03:09 PM
11/21/09 03:09 PM
Northeast NJ
Darleen03 Offline
Graduate Boomer
Darleen03  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Northeast NJ
Lets not continue to Beat the Dead Horse..

I have downloaded games that cost much more then $ 20.00 dollars grin

BFG...You Are doing a Great Job... thumbsup

Luv Dar

GameBoomers
"Games Are More Enticing Because Of Our "MaG"nificent Efficient Radiant Site"
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (oldbroad, Pandora, 1 invisible), 342 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users