GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Mystery Case Files - Dire Grove Collectors Edition Discussion thread Only [Re: thracia] #571527
11/27/09 07:43 AM
11/27/09 07:43 AM
Sumrall, MS
raylinstephens Offline
Addicted Boomer
raylinstephens  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Sumrall, MS
Thanks thracia! I know about the rotation - but I haven't tried with the most spread out ones first yet. So far the closest I have gotten is one left, lol.

Fun game, as I wander around I keep finding 'morphs' that I missed!

I do hope this won't be the last in the series scared since we were only 'promised' 6 games!

Last edited by raylinstephens; 11/27/09 07:54 AM.

So many games, so little time.
Re: Mystery Case Files - Dire Grove Collectors Edition Discussion thread Only [Re: raylinstephens] #571529
11/27/09 07:57 AM
11/27/09 07:57 AM
Nova Scotia
Flo NS Offline
Addicted Boomer
Flo NS  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Nova Scotia
Finished the game but only got 71% Achievement.

Didn't find all the morphing items, and didn't find the first Gold Felix, anyone know where it is? Also, need to finish under 6 hrs.

Fantastic game and will replay right away to get 100% Achievemnt. When playing again, I notice that the achievements I did get are still highlighted, so maybe you don't have to achieve again what you already did.

I would like to retract my statement earlier about the Strategy Guide being the bare minimum, as in my haste to play the game, I neglected to notice the arrows that direct you to the next page in the chapter. I was only getting the first page and figured that was all there was.

If you watch the credits to the end, not only do you see the vast amount of people it took for this production, but you will also see a familiar name.

I'm wondering about the bonus “Easter egg” levels and puzzles that reveal secrets related to both past and future Mystery Case Files episodes. Were these in the game itself, or will they show up after all achievements are done?

Flo

Re: Mystery Case Files - Dire Grove Collectors Edition Discussion thread Only [Re: Flo NS] #571598
11/27/09 11:40 AM
11/27/09 11:40 AM
Maryland
Margie Offline
Settled Boomer
Margie  Offline
Settled Boomer

Maryland
Hi FloNs,

I appreciate the retraction about the built-in strategy guide. You are not the only one who is having problems with operating the guide. I think I will post something in the forums to help people use the strategy guide. The only thing we did not include was the bonus levels but everything else is in there including where to find the 2 Felix's.

I will also speak with the editor about posting the walkthrough in the blog so the images can be easier to view but not sure if we will do that now or wait for the regular edition to be released.

For the bonus levels, have you been back to the basement in the grocery store and solved the telephone number at the end of the credits?

Just wanted to clarify the confusion about the puzzle being different in the walkthrough at Gamezebo and the one in the strategy guide. There is only one version of the game. The Gamezebo walkthrough was written with a previous build of the game. Gamezebo is going to update their WT. Certain parts of the game changed once the game was released.

You can look at a Video Solution for the Clock Hands Puzzle Here in case anyone still needs it.

I will also be adding the video solutions for all the puzzles in the game that need it later on today.

I'm glad to hear that so many people are enjoying the game.

Thanks,

Margie B

Margie B
http://www.BigFishGames.com

Strategy Guide Editor for Big Fish Games
Re: Mystery Case Files - Dire Grove Collectors Edition Discussion thread Only [Re: Margie] #571603
11/27/09 11:53 AM
11/27/09 11:53 AM
Westchester, NY
Linds Offline
Addicted Boomer
Linds  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Westchester, NY
I would like to make sure it works on my computer before I buy it. I am not a member but will join. Is there a demo?
Susan

Re: Mystery Case Files - Dire Grove Collectors Edition Discussion thread Only [Re: Linds] #571604
11/27/09 11:58 AM
11/27/09 11:58 AM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Linds, there is no demo, though there will be one for the regular game.

However, if it doesn't work, I'm sure BFG will work with you. wave

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
-Roger Caras
Re: Mystery Case Files - Dire Grove Collectors Edition Discussion thread Only [Re: looney4labs] #571643
11/27/09 04:01 PM
11/27/09 04:01 PM
Sumrall, MS
raylinstephens Offline
Addicted Boomer
raylinstephens  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Sumrall, MS
Thank you Margie, that is quite complicated!

But I will keep trying!

wave Linda

Re: Mystery Case Files - Dire Grove Collectors Edition Discussion thread Only [Re: raylinstephens] #571659
11/27/09 05:18 PM
11/27/09 05:18 PM
Nova Scotia
Flo NS Offline
Addicted Boomer
Flo NS  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Nova Scotia
Hi Margie,

Thanks for the tip. I did start playing again and noticed all the morphing items I found were still found, so I just need to find those I didn't in the first playing of the game.

I will definetly check out the grocerie store, and also look to see where the first Felix is.

Looking forward to the second go round.

Flo

Re: Mystery Case Files - Dire Grove Collectors Edition Discussion thread Only [Re: Flo NS] #571678
11/27/09 05:58 PM
11/27/09 05:58 PM
Near St. Louis, MO
Draclvr Offline
Reviews Editor - Hints/Glitches Mod - Site Support
Draclvr  Offline
Reviews Editor - Hints/Glitches Mod - Site Support
True Blue Boomer

Near St. Louis, MO
Got in about an hour of playing last night and I must say this is the best in the series by far! Had to reinstall my 64-bit Windows 7 this morning, so am re-downloading and hope to start over tonight and get in some serious time with it.

Thanks for the support and the tips, Margie!

Once again, weeds are my life!
Re: Mystery Case Files - Dire Grove Collectors Edition Discussion thread Only [Re: Draclvr] #571736
11/27/09 08:59 PM
11/27/09 08:59 PM
Sumrall, MS
raylinstephens Offline
Addicted Boomer
raylinstephens  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Sumrall, MS
I got the puzzle on the next try!

Thank you Ana & thracia, I did what you both suggested and got it on my own! WooHoo!!

turkey

Re: Mystery Case Files - Dire Grove Collectors Edition Discussion thread Only [Re: raylinstephens] #571738
11/27/09 09:01 PM
11/27/09 09:01 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Online content OP
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Online Content OP
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Excellent! Have fun moving along now. yay

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Mystery Case Files - Dire Grove Collectors Edition Discussion thread Only [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #571755
11/27/09 10:10 PM
11/27/09 10:10 PM
Indiana
Koalanut Offline
Settled Boomer
Koalanut  Offline
Settled Boomer

Indiana
What a great game. I just finished, didn't check my time like I should have at the end, but I was at seven and a half hours before playing several hours today. I was able to get all the achievements except the office tour and the 6 hour award. The stradegy guide was great in helping find the morphs and helping along the way. I played on snarky and loved the comments. I loved the comment about the "grues", a reference to Zork! I recommend playing slowly the first time and take it all in, enjoying the story and the graphics. You can earn the awards that way by finding all the different items and not getting too "clicky". The awards carry over to the next time you play on the same name, so you can earn the other ones you didn't get the first time through. BFG did a fantastic job on this game. It has a large area to explore, interesting story, and beautiful graphics and sounds/music. Thanks BFG for another great game!

So many games, so little time....
Re: Mystery Case Files - Dire Grove Collectors Edition Discussion thread Only [Re: Koalanut] #571794
11/28/09 01:47 AM
11/28/09 01:47 AM
Delaware
MysteryFantic Offline
Settled Boomer
MysteryFantic  Offline
Settled Boomer

Delaware
This game has crashed on me three times towards the end what work was done and lost. Anyone had this problem.

Re: Mystery Case Files - Dire Grove Collectors Edition Discussion thread Only [Re: MysteryFantic] #571795
11/28/09 02:07 AM
11/28/09 02:07 AM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Quite a few people on the Big Fish forums have reported having an access-violation error message with the game and then afterwards their user profile is corrupted. Contact Customer Support if the same thing happens to you, as they are working on a fix and gathering information about the problem, and they are also offering refunds to people who do not want to have to restart the game and do not want to wait for a fix.

Re: Mystery Case Files - Dire Grove Collectors Edition Discussion thread Only [Re: Marian] #571834
11/28/09 07:07 AM
11/28/09 07:07 AM
Sumrall, MS
raylinstephens Offline
Addicted Boomer
raylinstephens  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Sumrall, MS
Koala, I like your new picture!! The old one was nice, but it hurt my eyes - it moved so fast, lol.

A couple of posts, members mention playing on "snarky" - what exactly does that mean??

OMG, I don't want to hear "glitch" and have to re-download the entire game scared I'm having enough trouble getting through the game once rotfl

That is really super of BFG re: refund to people having that problem. I can still remember having to replay Poe from the beginning. Not quite as much fun as on my first go-through. I sure do hope I don't wind up being one of the crashers though.

Slowly plodding along - still haven't found the spark plug, so no light on the situation yet.

turkey I love this emoticon, using it as much as I can before it disappears turkey

Re: Mystery Case Files - Dire Grove Collectors Edition Discussion thread Only [Re: raylinstephens] #571876
11/28/09 10:06 AM
11/28/09 10:06 AM
Nova Scotia
Flo NS Offline
Addicted Boomer
Flo NS  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Nova Scotia
Raylin,

Go into options and you will see "Attitude" you can change to two other settings the last being "snarky". It's the comments you get if you do something wrong. They are funny.

Flo

Re: Mystery Case Files - Dire Grove Collectors Edition Discussion thread Only [Re: Flo NS] #571879
11/28/09 10:28 AM
11/28/09 10:28 AM
qadventuregames Offline
Settled Boomer
qadventuregames  Offline
Settled Boomer

Hi Boomers!

I called the phone number from the credits, and listened to the message from the Frenchman.

If you have heard the message, I'm interested in hearing your thoughts on it. It has left me with more questions than answers. headscratch

By the way, I loved the game. thumbsup

"Q"

You do not get Harmony, if you all sing the same note.
Re: Mystery Case Files - Dire Grove Collectors Edition Discussion thread Only [Re: qadventuregames] #571890
11/28/09 10:49 AM
11/28/09 10:49 AM
Indiana
Koalanut Offline
Settled Boomer
Koalanut  Offline
Settled Boomer

Indiana
Yep raylin, change the attitude on the options to snarky and you get all kinds of "help", ha, funny little remarks, like you are as smart as moss, etc etc. When you try to go to the basement of the hotel after you finally get the electricity on, I clicked on it and it told me that the grues would get me! Can't wait to play it again, this time I am going to go faster and use hints, skip games, etc to get the time bonus achievement and then I think I can get the tour because that is all that is left for me. Really big area, I kept going to the wrong area for awhile until I finally got the areas straight in my mind.

As for my spinning koala, somehow he got lost in cyberworld out there, couldn't find him, so I adopted another! He's cute too, much more calm, looks a little lost or confused, sorta like me these days! wave

Koalanut

So many games, so little time....
Re: Mystery Case Files - Dire Grove Collectors Edition Discussion thread Only [Re: Koalanut] #571898
11/28/09 11:12 AM
11/28/09 11:12 AM
Sumrall, MS
raylinstephens Offline
Addicted Boomer
raylinstephens  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Sumrall, MS
I am in awe of all of you who have finished the game already praise as I plod slowly along.

I will do as you recommend - snarky it will be!

thanks Linda turkey

Re: Mystery Case Files - Dire Grove Collectors Edition Discussion thread Only [Re: raylinstephens] #571921
11/28/09 12:57 PM
11/28/09 12:57 PM
qadventuregames Offline
Settled Boomer
qadventuregames  Offline
Settled Boomer

Hi Linda! wave

Quote:
I am in awe of all of you who have finished the game already praise as I plod slowly along.

No - not plodding. Savoring the game!!

Have fun, I'm enjoying playing the game a second time - this time I'm playing snarky mode. lol

"Q"

You do not get Harmony, if you all sing the same note.
Re: Mystery Case Files - Dire Grove Collectors Edition Discussion thread Only [Re: raylinstephens] #571923
11/28/09 01:00 PM
G
gradh Offline
Shy Boomer
gradh  Offline
Shy Boomer
G

My husband was another who lost his entire profile at the end of the game. In fact, he had already finished it once and went back to try to get all the achievements. He told me he was doing the last riddle when it crashed, told him there was an access error violation and his profile was corrupted. He was NOT happy! Not only did he lose the game in progress, he lost his first game as well. I have contacted customer support but I'm assuming that he was just one of the unlucky ones.

I'm about 4.5 hours into it and I'm not going to start playing again until a fix has been provided. I'm not going to take the chance that I'll lost my progress as well.

I will say this - I LOVE this game! Beautiful artwork & music and a great story.

Gina

Re: Mystery Case Files - Dire Grove Collectors Edition Discussion thread Only [Re: qadventuregames] #571924
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Online content OP
BrownEyedTigre  Online Content OP
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
I'm savoring it too, absolutely no rush to finish and trying to take in as much detail as I can. yay

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Mystery Case Files - Dire Grove Collectors Edition Discussion thread Only [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #571936
11/28/09 02:21 PM
11/28/09 02:21 PM
Nova Scotia
Flo NS Offline
Addicted Boomer
Flo NS  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Nova Scotia
I'm bummed, mainly because I'm not sure how the
"bonus “Easter egg” levels and puzzles that reveal secrets related to both past and future Mystery Case Files episodes." can be accessed.

Do you get this only after 100% of achievements has been made?

All I had left was the very last morphing item, I saw it, and kind of caught it just as it was unmorphing, but it disappeared anyway. But what didn't happen was I didn't get the notification that I found it and therefore did not achieve getting all fifty, and it never came back.

I tried the telephone number but got nothing just a disconnect, is this because I didn't get the very last thing I need to reach 100%?

Looks like if I want to see these extras, I'm going to have to play a 3rd time, and if I do, I run the risk of not being able to redo the 50th morphing object.

Flo

Last edited by Flo NS; 11/28/09 02:21 PM.
Re: Mystery Case Files - Dire Grove Collectors Edition Discussion thread Only [Re: Flo NS] #571946
11/28/09 03:41 PM
11/28/09 03:41 PM
Delaware
MysteryFantic Offline
Settled Boomer
MysteryFantic  Offline
Settled Boomer

Delaware
I just finished this game and I did enjoy it a lot. I had several exception errors come up and found where I was getting them from and notify Big Fish on this. When ever I went to use the Deluxe Edition Stratgey Guide when I used it then the game would seize up and lost all that I had done in the game. I don't know if others had this in the same place. Just thought you needed to know.

Re: Mystery Case Files - Dire Grove Collectors Edition Discussion thread Only [Re: MysteryFantic] #571950
11/28/09 04:00 PM
11/28/09 04:00 PM
Central Islip NY
thracia Offline
Addicted Boomer
thracia  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Central Islip NY
Is this collectors edition game included in Novemberfest? When I logged into my BF account to buy more credits(as usual), it was not listed under my purchased game history.

thracia

~Didi~
There will come a point in your life, when you realize what really matters, what never did, and what always will.
Unknown
Re: Mystery Case Files - Dire Grove Collectors Edition Discussion thread Only [Re: Flo NS] #571953
11/28/09 04:10 PM
11/28/09 04:10 PM
Maryland
Margie Offline
Settled Boomer
Margie  Offline
Settled Boomer

Maryland
Hi Flo NS wave ,

I made a post on Big Fish explaining how to obtain the bonus levels, the correct phone number etc. Click Here for Bonus Levels Thread The only thing that is not in there is the fact that you have to accomplish all the achievements in order to take the Big Fish Office Tour. Please keep in mind that I had to divide the post up into 4 sections to fit it all in.

If you replay under the same name you do not have to look for the morphing items that you already found.

Thracia wave ,

Yes, the Collector's Edition counts as ONE game towards Novemberfest.

If anyone wants to see the Video Solutions for the Mini-games in Dire Grove just follow that link to access all of them.

Good Luck everyone!

Last edited by Margie; 11/28/09 04:14 PM. Reason: added links

Margie B
http://www.BigFishGames.com

Strategy Guide Editor for Big Fish Games
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (jboliver), 438 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users