GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Purchased cd with 5 different Seek and Find game #718627
04/21/11 11:59 AM
04/21/11 11:59 AM
Butterfly Offline OP
Settled Boomer
Butterfly  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

I am having trouble installing everyone of these games - Robin Hood: Lengend of sherwood, 20,000 eagues Under the Sea, Immortal Lovers, The Hidden Continent and Ankh: The Lost Treasure. I am using a Toshiba laptop - Windows 7. When I put the cd in, it says Adobe Flash Player 9 at the top. I have the latest of 10. something. System requirements, Windows XP(SP2) Vista 7. Does this mean I cannot download these games on my laptop? When I click the word "install" it sounds like something is happening, but then it stops. Any help?

Re: Purchased cd with 5 different Seek and Find game [Re: Butterfly] #718629
04/21/11 12:17 PM
04/21/11 12:17 PM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Jenny100  Offline
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
Most games that work with Adobe Flash Player 9 will also work with 10.

Try right-clicking the Setup file and choosing to Run As Administrator. If your computer is autorunning the Setup file, cancel out of it and run the Setup directly off the CD (by right-clicking the Setup, choosing Run As, etc.)

Re: Purchased cd with 5 different Seek and Find game [Re: Jenny100] #718732
04/21/11 06:38 PM
04/21/11 06:38 PM
Butterfly Offline OP
Settled Boomer
Butterfly  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

I went to "computer" and brought up the disk. When I right clicked on the disk, specifically 20,000, it shows Settings and About Adobe Flash Player 9. When I click on settings, it says in the small popup box - Adobe Flash Player at the top and below that Display and below that - Enable hardware acceleration - the box is checked. When I click on Computer and then Drive D, there is no setup file or Run as Administrator. It does say at the top - Install or run program from your media. I clicked on that - clicked install for 20,000 leagues and again it ran for about 30 sec. and shut off. There is no Run As either. Maybe I need to look somewhere else for those instructions? Thanks Jenny.

Re: Purchased cd with 5 different Seek and Find game [Re: Butterfly] #718737
04/21/11 07:04 PM
04/21/11 07:04 PM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
Jenny100  Offline
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
You don't right-click the disc.
You right-click the Setup file for the game.
After right-clicking, a context menu should appear with "Run As ..." as one of the selections.

If there is no Setup file or Install file on the CD, or inside any of the folders on the CD, then what files do you see on the CD? If you see the names of the games, try right-clicking on one of those and see if you can choose "Run As..."

Re: Purchased cd with 5 different Seek and Find game [Re: Jenny100] #718757
04/21/11 09:21 PM
04/21/11 09:21 PM
Butterfly Offline OP
Settled Boomer
Butterfly  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

Sorry, didn't mean that I right clicked on the disk, all of the games appeared on my screen with the word "install" below each one. As I mentioned above, no matter what I right clicked on, there is no Setup File for any of the games and no Run As . . . for a selection. There are no files per se that I can see on the cd - just the titles - like the cover of a book for each one. I did right click on 20,000 Leagues, and the only thing that came up was "Settings", and "What about Adobe 9." If you read my first couple sentences in my previous text it will tell you what came up when I clicked on the word settings. I'm sorry that I'm not being very clear.

Re: Purchased cd with 5 different Seek and Find game [Re: Butterfly] #718783
04/21/11 11:27 PM
04/21/11 11:27 PM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
Jenny100  Offline
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
I tried putting a Gogii game disc (which contains 4 casual games) in the CD drive of a Windows 7 computer. I had a problem with things wanting to autoplay when they shouldn't -- both when I inserted the CD and when I tried to open the drive by clicking on it. If you're going to use Run As, you definitely do not want to let Autoplay start up because it won't run the Setup in Administrator mode... and if the games aren't run in Administrator mode, they apparently won't install. So cancel out of everything that pops up automatically. And when I double-click the drive, it wants to autorun instead of simply opening the drive in Explorer the way XP used to do.

So these instructions are going to be a little different than what I originally told you in that you don't double-click the CD drive.

+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

You can get the drive to show up by using the Start button in the lower left of your computer and clicking Computer. And I get something that looks like this:

http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/4664/explorerx.jpg

You've probably already gotten that far.

If any windows open automatically, cancel out of them.

Now right-click the drive and you should see a context menu from which you can choose Open. Here's a picture:
http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/29/contextmenu1.jpg

When I click Open, I get this:

http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/5355/drivecontents1.jpg

From there I can see the Setup file, right-click on it and see the context menu with "Run As Administrator." Here's a screenshot:

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/1083/contextmenu2.jpg

+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

There's also the possibility that you have an antivirus wanting to scan the disc before allowing anything on it to run. If that's the problem, you can probably just wait and let it finish scanning before trying to install.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr 

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Fogfighter, 1 invisible), 381 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users