GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Individual preference in games #746571
08/14/11 02:18 AM
08/14/11 02:18 AM
Essex, UK
M
myopia Offline OP
Settled Boomer
myopia  Offline OP
Settled Boomer
M

Essex, UK
I think the reason we choose to play these games is basically due to either puzzle/mathematical, exploratory (not too complicated - please correct me if I'm over-simplifying) preference or psychological. Both puzzle and exploratory have a correct and only one eventual proven conclusion ie the correct destination/answer, but psychological preference builds into limitless scenarios and we pursue our personal preference, if that's the case. It's only the author of the game who dictates and limits where/what we can go/do after we start the game. What I'm trying to say (unsuccessfully by the lack of replies) is that us psychological peeps are a blank but expectational canvas until guided by the author of the game, but we're open to all suggestions until that game becomes set in the author's mind and you either like or dislike it after that.
What think you? Glad you're psychological/suggestional? Or are you puzzle/exploratory oriented? The latter is cheapest and conclusive!
PS: With deepest apologies for the recent lootings (blamed on deprivation - where no food - the fundamental need - was stolen, arson and killings) I'm only proud of Mr. Jehan, who made my eyes leak just after losing his son in a mindless killing, who appealed for peace. God bless him.

Last edited by myopia; 08/14/11 10:17 AM.

'Reality is a projection of the mind' Quantum scientists
Re: Individual preference in games [Re: myopia] #746615
08/14/11 09:50 AM
08/14/11 09:50 AM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Online content
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Online Content
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
I think we all experience games, movies and books differently because we all feel, think and process information based on our own personal experiences and no two are alike.

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Individual preference in games [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #746633
08/14/11 10:41 AM
08/14/11 10:41 AM
Essex, UK
M
myopia Offline OP
Settled Boomer
myopia  Offline OP
Settled Boomer
M

Essex, UK
Yes we do, upbringing, parents and environment mould us into what we become. But what dictates our preferences after that and now?
Bless your heart for responding, Ahna, I don't feel so alone and gormless now xx

Re: Individual preference in games [Re: myopia] #746638
08/14/11 11:01 AM
08/14/11 11:01 AM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Online content
BrownEyedTigre  Online Content
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
My daily ups and downs still dictate what I am in the mood to play or not play. If I am angry, a good FPS helps to relieve some frustration, if I am feeling down, a cartoony lighthearted adventure or casual game fits the bill and if I am middle of the road some great puzzles are always welcome.

I love all kinds of games and find my mood changes constantly as to what I wish to play. I know there are others though who are very limited in their preferences no matter what their mood.

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Individual preference in games [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #746643
08/14/11 11:21 AM
08/14/11 11:21 AM
Essex, UK
M
myopia Offline OP
Settled Boomer
myopia  Offline OP
Settled Boomer
M

Essex, UK
Sometimes your dreams dictate how aggressive you wake, so that may account for the shoot-em-up mood mornings, you rascal.
Whatever, thanks for being there when I so badly needed a tangible presence smile

Re: Individual preference in games [Re: myopia] #746649
08/14/11 11:44 AM
08/14/11 11:44 AM
Sunny Devon, United Kingdom
Upsydaisy Offline
Addicted Boomer
Upsydaisy  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Sunny Devon, United Kingdom
Agree with BET, depends on my mood. When I was working full-time at a Nursery School, I obviously couldn't show any daily frustrations there, so use to come home and play Red Faction!! using my biggest gun and blasted everything in sight.
Now I have retired so tend to play adventure or puzzle. I also have moved to the country (Devon) and have a slower pace of life.

PS:Thankfully, no riots here, they (sub-human organisers) tried to get youths in Plymouth and Exeter interested but had no support. Sad about the loss of life, homes and businesses burned.

Re: Individual preference in games [Re: myopia] #746650
08/14/11 11:47 AM
08/14/11 11:47 AM
MaG Offline
Sonic Boomer
MaG  Offline
Sonic Boomer

I think your signature reflect your gaming preference. laugh

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (manxman), 462 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users