GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
The Capri games and Mysteries of Capri #820154
07/06/12 11:31 AM
07/06/12 11:31 AM
W
Wincey Offline OP
Settled Boomer
Wincey  Offline OP
Settled Boomer
W

I've been trying to purchase the Capri games (A Quiet Weekend at Capri and Anacapri: The Dream) from S-G Software's main website at http://www.caprisaga.com/index.html# but it just sends you back to the main page when you try to confirm.

Has anyone been able to buy the games? And is there anywhere else you can buy either of them from?

Also has anyone had any trouble whatsover running it on Windows 7? I know about the Gameboomers compatibility list but I seem to have a LOT of trouble running games released in the mid 2000s where others have no problems at all.

Many thanks.

Re: The Capri games and Mysteries of Capri [Re: Wincey] #820169
07/06/12 12:58 PM
07/06/12 12:58 PM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Jenny100  Offline
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
I got it from Adventure Game Shop, but they're currenly only showing the disc version as used.

http://www.adventuregameshop.com/product_info.php?products_id=1008&language=en

They also sell it as a download.

http://www.adventuregameshop.com/product_info.php?products_id=121&language=en

I haven't tried playing it on a Windows 7 computer, but the website lists it as compatible with Windows 7.

Re: The Capri games and Mysteries of Capri [Re: Wincey] #820170
07/06/12 12:59 PM
07/06/12 12:59 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
That website was a common place to get it from. If you are having difficulties with the cart, you should contact them and let them know.

The Glitches forum is the place to discuss if games run on a certain OS or computer. I know that there are topics on AnaCapri versions that run on Win7 and some don't. if you get it from the developer you should have a version that works on Win7.

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: The Capri games and Mysteries of Capri [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #820277
07/06/12 10:34 PM
07/06/12 10:34 PM
W
Wincey Offline OP
Settled Boomer
Wincey  Offline OP
Settled Boomer
W

Originally Posted By: Jenny100
I got it from Adventure Game Shop, but they're currenly only showing the disc version as used.

http://www.adventuregameshop.com/product_info.php?products_id=1008&language=en

They also sell it as a download.

http://www.adventuregameshop.com/product_info.php?products_id=121&language=en

I haven't tried playing it on a Windows 7 computer, but the website lists it as compatible with Windows 7.

MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

- Windows XP/2000/ME/98SE

Doesn't look promising. That's Quiet Weekend at Capri though, the publisher's website has Misteri di Capri listed as Windows 7 compatible so I think they only made changes to that one. I can't see Misteri di Capri available on Adventure Game Shop.

Originally Posted By: BrownEyedTigre
That website was a common place to get it from. If you are having difficulties with the cart, you should contact them and let them know.

The Glitches forum is the place to discuss if games run on a certain OS or computer. I know that there are topics on AnaCapri versions that run on Win7 and some don't. if you get it from the developer you should have a version that works on Win7.

Ana wave

I'll go to the glitches forum when I get the game and it doesn't work. At the moment I want to know whether anyone has it working in Windows 7.

Re: The Capri games and Mysteries of Capri [Re: Wincey] #820280
07/06/12 10:44 PM
07/06/12 10:44 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Wincey, as I stated before, the Glitches forum is the place to discuss that, not here. Since you found where to get the game and the rest of your questions are regarding tech questions, I will move this thread to Glitches.

Ana

Last edited by BrownEyedTigre; 07/06/12 11:02 PM.

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: The Capri games and Mysteries of Capri [Re: Wincey] #820298
07/07/12 01:12 AM
07/07/12 01:12 AM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
Jenny100  Offline
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
Originally Posted By: Wincey
MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

- Windows XP/2000/ME/98SE

Doesn't look promising. That's Quiet Weekend at Capri though, the publisher's website has Misteri di Capri listed as Windows 7 compatible so I think they only made changes to that one. I can't see Misteri di Capri available on Adventure Game Shop.

A Quiet Weekend in Capri was updated for the Mysteries of Capri collection. The new version should be compatible with Windows 7.

Re: The Capri games and Mysteries of Capri [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #820316
07/07/12 04:30 AM
07/07/12 04:30 AM
W
Wincey Offline OP
Settled Boomer
Wincey  Offline OP
Settled Boomer
W

Originally Posted By: BrownEyedTigre
Wincey, as I stated before, the Glitches forum is the place to discuss that, not here. Since you found where to get the game and the rest of your questions are regarding tech questions, I will move this thread to Glitches.

Ana

I haven't found where to get the game. The link given was to an old version of the 1st game of the series. What I'm after is Mysteries of Capri which is the bundle (Quiet Weekend at Capri and Anacapri: The Dream) apparently compatible with Windows 7. That's what the thread is about, getting the game. If you hadn't been so eager to sort threads into a strict filing-system you'd realize some problems are not so easily separated into categories. I doubt I'll get an answer now.

Wincey

Re: The Capri games and Mysteries of Capri [Re: Wincey] #820323
07/07/12 06:51 AM
07/07/12 06:51 AM
Virginia Beach, VA
Uncle Reg Offline
Settled Boomer
Uncle Reg  Offline
Settled Boomer

Virginia Beach, VA

Wincey,

The one you want is titled "I Misteri di Capri". This is the one that was updated to Windows 7, and it contains both games. Even though the title is in Italian, the games are playable in English or Italian. I just ordered it from S-G Software using the link that you provided in your first post in this thread. Everything appears to have worked properly. I got a confirmation email from S-G Software, and another from PayPal confirming the credit card transaction.

Re: The Capri games and Mysteries of Capri [Re: Wincey] #820339
07/07/12 08:45 AM
07/07/12 08:45 AM
MaG Offline
Sonic Boomer
MaG  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Wincey,

If you know that you have a 2 questions that are under 2 different forums - then it should have been asked separately and posted is their respective forums.

Understand please - the moderators have the responsibility to keep their forums clean. The global mod takes care of the whole forum and sees the overall picture.

Please abide by what the Staff say. Thank you.
If you have any other questions - contact me.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr 

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Urban Worrier, FlyingDutchman42), 254 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users