GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
finishing Traitors Gate #96109
09/28/03 04:29 PM
09/28/03 04:29 PM
California
desertlilac Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
desertlilac  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

California
Am in the oxygen room and have successfully attached the gas canister to the middle oxygen tank but I cannot get the red wheel to turn so the guage will go into the green. Naturally I get caught all the time. What is the secret or am I doing something wrong? The wheel does not turn at all either upp or down.

Don't pass old people by - in reality they are just young people who have been around a long time.
Re: finishing Traitors Gate #96110
09/28/03 05:04 PM
09/28/03 05:04 PM
MaG Offline
Sonic Boomer
MaG  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Hi,

Check if there's an arrow that curves, clockwise or counterclockwise on the side of the wheel.

This is what Soren says of this part. Check it and see if this is what you've been doing:
Open the red door and go into the room all the way to the other side.
Turn right and face the console, then get a closeup.
Click on all the switches the bottom row to turn them OFF.
Reset the middle switch to MANUAL by clicking on that switch.
Click on the left side of the middle gold disk so that it turns ccw.
Keep the disk turning until the upper gauge reads 0 psi. You have flushed the line and tank of oxygen.
Back off from the console and move to the middle one of the five large oxygen tanks. Get a closeup.
Drag the canister of Isoflurane onto the screen.
Click on the neck of the oxygen tank to attach the canister hose to it.
Click on the red knob of the Isoflurane canister until the gauge indicates that it is empty. You are now safe from discovery.

Good luck!

Re: finishing Traitors Gate #96111
09/28/03 09:13 PM
09/28/03 09:13 PM
California
desertlilac Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
desertlilac  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

California
Yep this is the WT I have been using - Soren's. I follow all these directions up to were I click on the red knob until the gauge indicates empty. But when I click the red knob, it immediately goes all the way into red and just sits there. I can't move it for love nor money. Tried clicking on all sides of the red knob thinking it would be a clockwise counterclockwise situation but once it goes all the way into red - it sticks right there. Any other ideas?

Don't pass old people by - in reality they are just young people who have been around a long time.
Re: finishing Traitors Gate #96112
09/28/03 09:21 PM
09/28/03 09:21 PM
Northwestern New Mexico, USA
Jenny Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Jenny  Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Sonic Boomer

Northwestern New Mexico, USA
I don't know if it will help with your problem, Lilac, but there is a walkthrough by Crash here ...

"Once you give up integrity, the rest is easy." Anonymous
Re: finishing Traitors Gate #96113
09/29/03 09:56 PM
09/29/03 09:56 PM
Austin,Tx
T
Titan Offline
Settled Boomer
Titan  Offline
Settled Boomer
T

Austin,Tx
desertlilac,

Here is what worked for me in probably the most difficult part of this great game:

The thing to remember is that you have about a minute of blockage of the surveillance camera by the DLU for EACH OF THE TWO CAMERAS. One camera is in the area of the second floor that has the doors leading to the oxygen room & the control room & the other camera is in the oxygen room itself. The trick is to not spend more than a minute at a time underneath either camera. You must therefore go straight into the oxygen tank room, spend less than a minute there and then go back out the door into the area of the other camera, then go right back into the oxygen room & again spend less than a minute & then go back out again. By bouncing back & forth between the oxygen tank room and the outside room, you can in stages accomplish the draining of the tanks of all their oxygen and the refilling of the tanks with the knock out gas in your inventory, without being caught.

SPOILER......

From the first floor go straight to the second floor oxygen room. Go to the control panel. Push down all 5 manual buttons. Click and hold each gold circle at the 9 o'clock position until the needle of each top gauge swings from 60 or so down to zero. Go back out the door. You have accomplished emptying the tanks of oxygen.

Go right back into the oxygen room and turn to the tanks themselves. Place the knock out gas tank from your inventory on the oxygen tanks. Click on an oxygen tank and this will hook up the knock out gas tank hose to that oxygen tank. Click on the red handle of the knock out gas tank. This will transfer that gas into that oxygen tank. Click on another oxygen tank twice. (The first click will remove the hose from the first oxygen tank, the second click will hook up the hose to the second oxygen tank). Click on the red handle again and you fill the second oxygen tank with knock out gas. Reapeat for all five. You will most likely not have enough time to do all five gas transfers in a minute, so I would suggest doing a couple or three and then leave the room and reenter a time or two to finish this task. When all five tanks are full leave the room.

Put on your oxygen mask! Go back to the control panel in the oxygen tank room. Click on the five manual buttons again. Click & hold at the 3 o'clock position of the gold circles until the top gauge needles swing from zero up to 60. You have now gassed the guard next door.

Be sure and keep your gas mask on or you will pass out. Go to the control room door, enter the appropriate code and you're in.

When I played this game I saved a bunch of times at various stages before I luckily just happened to succeed. I couldn't remember how. It took a long time. When I saw you query here I reloaded from a saved game and did precisely what I've stated above and it worked the first time. The walkthru I had to resort to on this difficult puzzle was less than clear on this puzzle but it did give me the idea of trying the above procedure. Good luck on a very hard puzzle in this challenging game.

Re: finishing Traitors Gate #96114
09/30/03 12:29 AM
09/30/03 12:29 AM
California
desertlilac Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
desertlilac  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

California
Ahhhh thank you Titan. The WT I was following did not mention the idea of doing all the tanks - I was just doing a middle one as the WT stated. So have copied your directions and will begin again. Like you I do puzzles like this bit by bit, save, then continue, save etc. Only way I can get through the whole thing. Again thanks for your very clear directions. wave

Re: finishing Traitors Gate #96115
09/30/03 12:50 AM
09/30/03 12:50 AM
California
desertlilac Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
desertlilac  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

California
Hey Jenny - looked at Crash's WT and it does seem excellent! Have copied to use - if I ever get out of this oxygen tank room.

Re: finishing Traitors Gate #96117
10/04/03 04:29 PM
10/04/03 04:29 PM
California
desertlilac Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
desertlilac  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

California
Titan - followed your excellent instructions and conquered the O2 room. Now standing in front of the control room, see no guard but have no white security card to use - do have green and that seems to take the code OK but it also just shows a man standing inside a room and I am caught. I don't get to open the doors and enter the room. Do not understand who that man is that I see because when I first leave the O2 room and look in that security room - there is no one there like I saw before I entered the O2 room. Mightily confused - what am I missing now?

Re: finishing Traitors Gate #96118
10/04/03 05:25 PM
10/04/03 05:25 PM
USA
BacardiJim Offline
Addicted Boomer
BacardiJim  Offline
Addicted Boomer

USA
If the guard is still there then it means you did something wrong in the Oxygen Tank room.

According to the walkthroughs I looked at (and my own memory of playing the game) you only have to fill ONE oxygen tank with sleeping gas. You then turn OFF the controls for the other four tanks and turn back ON the control for the one containing the sleeping gas. Various walkthroughs suggest using either the leftmost or center tank. Here are explicit directions (with screenshots) for this segment.

Time flies like the wind. Fruit flies like bananas.
Re: finishing Traitors Gate #96119
10/04/03 05:57 PM
10/04/03 05:57 PM
California
desertlilac Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
desertlilac  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

California
Thanks BJ - will try this format instead of the one I used. If I can't get it, there seems to be a patch to use past this point. You SAVED the day!!!!!

Re: finishing Traitors Gate #96120
10/04/03 09:18 PM
10/04/03 09:18 PM
California
desertlilac Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
desertlilac  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

California
I have consulted several WTs and followed your directions - seem able to get to the doors where I see NO guard but when I use the security card and enter the code no. - I immediately see Raven on the camera just outside those doors entering the code into the key coder and am thus caught. There is no guard to see so he must be 'out' but do not understand why when I use the card in key coder I see raven on camera. One WT says use green card another says use white card and one WT I can not find again said there were several codes you had to enter to get the doors open. However, nothing seems to work for me - anyone with any further suggestions?

Re: finishing Traitors Gate #96121
10/05/03 12:00 AM
10/05/03 12:00 AM
Austin,Tx
T
Titan Offline
Settled Boomer
Titan  Offline
Settled Boomer
T

Austin,Tx
Looked over my game notes which only state that after coming out of O2 room entry is allowed into control room via door code 0042, but don't say which color card is inserted. If one has to actually insert two cards with a code for each, it may be that a pincode 5723 is involved prior to or after the other code.

Is it possible that the picture of Raven entering the code and getting caught is derivative of the minute of DLU protection running out under view of the camera in that room?

Unfortunately, my earlier post was one I preserved a couple years ago when supplying help at the O2 room. I have resurrected it two or three times since by copying it in (this spot in this game is particularily troublesome for all players). I don't have the game loaded anymore or I would try to play from a save to see what is going on.

Re: finishing Traitors Gate #96122
10/05/03 09:35 AM
10/05/03 09:35 AM
MaG Offline
Sonic Boomer
MaG  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Soren stated that "It may be mentioned that here and in future similar situations the white security card with crest and blue rectangle will work as well as the green decoder card." - so both cards would work on the the door.

As Titan wondered - maybe the DLU time is done and you need to the start of the protection time.

I did see a wt that states that the code to use is 0042. Good luck!

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (michele rose), 234 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users