GB HOMEPAGE

Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012

Posted By: Becky

Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 12/18/11 09:22 PM

Amber's Blood, the eight game in the Carol Reed mystery series has just been announced!

Carol's friend Stina comes across a puzzling date in her grandfather's obituary -- was her grandfather alive for years when Stina thought he was dead? Stina is injured and hospitalized, and it's up to Carol to track down the truth. Will Carol open up a Pandora's box of dark family secrets?

For screenshots from the game, click here. For more about the story, click here. For system requirements and other information, click here.

Amber's Blood will release in February 2012, and will be available on disk and as a download. A demo will be posted shortly on the MDNA Games website.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 12/18/11 09:26 PM

Great news! Thanks Becky! happydance12
Posted By: DocPaul

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 12/18/11 10:03 PM

This the best news I've had all day. Almost makes up for my Packers blowing their perfect season. Thanks. Can't wait for it to come out.
Posted By: marie

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 12/18/11 11:04 PM

That's good news,something to play on those cold winter nights.

Thanks Becky penguin
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 12/19/11 12:34 AM

tomato

Great news. I love the Carol Reed games, although I'm not up to date with them. Still need to play Colour of Murder and the ones after that but I'll be buying as soon as Dave has it for sale!
Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 12/19/11 03:48 AM

So I need to play number 7 then. I have it just haven't played it yet.
Posted By: chrissie

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 12/19/11 08:42 AM

Thanks for the news Becky! santadance
Posted By: Carla

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 12/19/11 10:06 AM

That's a great news, thank you Becky!
I always play Carol Reed's games with great pleasure christmas
Posted By: Mad

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 12/19/11 11:01 AM

Fantastic !! Thanks for that news, Becky. I love the Carol Reed games happydance12
Posted By: GBC

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 12/19/11 01:02 PM

Thanks Becky, I was just wondering when there would be another release of the Carol Reed Series. I love Carol Reed games and really looking forward to it. Screenshots and story are looking good. woot
Posted By: monbron

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 12/20/11 10:30 AM

GREAT!! it makes 2012 worth looking forward to - Thanks Mikael presents12
Posted By: CountZero

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 12/21/11 04:38 AM

Great, I really need a new Carol Reed adventure, my favorite games to play, especially since the last two I purchased I couldnt play because the sound wouldnt work.
Posted By: Mikael

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 12/21/11 07:22 AM

CountZero, if you have versions (of 2 of the first 3 games I guess) with no sound, you have purchased outdated versions. You're also probably running Windows 7. Contact me and we'll fix you up with updated versions.
Posted By: MaG

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 12/21/11 01:14 PM

Thanks and christmas, Mikael!

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 12/22/11 02:44 PM

Same to you MaG, and everybody else!
Posted By: adv

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 12/22/11 08:44 PM

for many years, I have occasionally played "adventure games".
for many reasons, the "Carol Reed" games, are my Favorites.

(quote from "www.mdna-games.com")
"The game contains no graphic violence or strong language."
"It has no action sequences, and is suitable for all ages."

Also, I have the feeling of "being there", and doing something good.
These games run well on any 'average' computer.
Thanks, Mikael, for your good work.

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 12/23/11 06:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Mikael
CountZero, if you have versions (of 2 of the first 3 games I guess) with no sound, you have purchased outdated versions. You're also probably running Windows 7. Contact me and we'll fix you up with updated versions.

I did purchase those two games and I am using windows 7. I purchased them from bfg and they said they dont have the updated version. They have since credited me already. If I purchase them from your site Im assuming I will get the updated versions?

I have to tell you. I have played all the other games in the Carol Reed series and I just love everything about them. The only problem is I need a new one about once a month smile

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 12/27/11 12:29 AM

CountZero, I can only guarantee that you get the latest versions when you buy the disk versions from our site. All the large portals selling our games have been provided the latest versions of the games in question. I can not guarantee that they offer these versions for download however. For example, Big Fish are still selling the previous versions of Remedy and Time Stand Still, (which can have sound issues on some Win 7 setups) even though I've reminded them to upload the latest versions.

But, when players who have downloaded outdated versions contact me, we've always been able to solve the problems by email. It worries me though that most players probably don't think of contacting me.

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 12/27/11 04:06 AM

Mikael,
I will do that from now on, now that I know you are here. You may want to talk to big fish, they told me they had no fix for the sound issue on win 7 for those two games. From now on I will purchase direct from you. I have played tons of adventure games, but I like yours the best. Thanks for the great games and your response to my questions....
Posted By: jfcwilson

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 12/28/11 04:24 AM

I've never played the Carol Reeds, didn't even know there were already 8 of them..Cool.
Posted By: Penny Lane

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 12/28/11 08:32 AM

This is great news! I love these games! Can't wait! yay12 bravo12

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 12/28/11 04:39 PM

I'm getting a new computer with Windows 7 and I have Remedy Time Stand Still and Hope; Springs Eternal on disc that I bought years back and I would sure like to play them again some day so its nice to know that I can get a fix to play them again.

Marie yes
Posted By: Carrie

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 01/21/12 06:35 PM

The wait is almost over....
and I can see February on the horizon!!

Am so looking forward to another visit to Sweden to solve another mystery. Thank you Mikael & Team.. for continuing to bring us Carol Reed Mysteries. happydance
Posted By: Ewil02

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 01/21/12 07:22 PM

I know what you mean, Carrie- I keep checking the MDNA game's site daily to see if there are any updates on the release date and demo. grin

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 01/21/12 08:09 PM

I am anxiously awaiting this game! I love the Carol Reed series. So simple but so interesting! I love the photo's. I don't miss any animation at all! We really don't need it for these games! Thank you Mikael for keeping the series alive! You have some loyal fans here! urock
Posted By: Koalanut

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 01/22/12 02:19 AM

Yay, can't wait! It's like a favorite vacation spot to visit over and over. Love these games! penguin

Koalanut
Posted By: JennyP

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 01/22/12 01:22 PM

Woo hoo, more sex god gardener guy !!!

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 01/22/12 02:57 PM

Originally Posted By: JennyP
Woo hoo, more sex god gardener guy !!!

rotfl rotfl

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 01/22/12 03:11 PM

"Woo hoo, more sex god gardener guy !!!"

I don't know !! The lengths some people will go to for the glimpse of a sweet garden !! laugh laugh laugh

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 01/22/12 03:13 PM

lol

Ana wave
Posted By: Ewil02

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 01/22/12 03:49 PM

YooHoo- the demo is out at MDNA games' site. yay

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 01/22/12 06:32 PM

Ewil02~ Thanks for the 'heads-up'. I haven't played a Carol Reed demo before... wanting instead to keep my anticipation level high & not learn ANYthing about the game. But this time I may make an exception & download the demo.

Probably doesn't matter anyway... since there's a good chance that by the time the full game comes out, I'll have forgotten all about the demo! lol
Posted By: BubbaJake

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 01/22/12 06:48 PM

Been waiting for this demo, and I have never had any problems with the Carol Reed demos or games, until now. Norton's won't even allow me to open this demo. It's not the demo, but Speedy Share.
Has anyone else had any problems with it?

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 01/22/12 06:55 PM

I checked the site but no demo available yet.?
Posted By: Chief

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 01/22/12 07:29 PM

Bubba, I had the same problem and decided to let it go for now.

Penny Lane, refresh the page to update it to see if it will work.

Chief wave

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 01/22/12 07:32 PM

Thanks so much Chief. While I hate not being able to play it, I know it's not too long a wait for the full game!

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 01/22/12 07:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Chief
Bubba, I had the same problem and decided to let it go for now.

Penny Lane, refresh the page to update it to see if it will work.

Chief wave

Still not there! Would you put a link on here for me? Thanks!

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 01/22/12 07:51 PM

HERE you go.

I hope it works for you.

Chief wave

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 01/22/12 07:57 PM

Nope! I am using Firefox . I tried Internet Explorer and it took me to the download but IE keeps crashing. I hate Internet Explorer! Which browser are you using?

Ok I got it with IE this time! Why Firefox didn't work I don't know! Thank you!

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 01/22/12 08:17 PM

I've changed the download link (to 3 alternative locations, to be on the safe side) for those having problems to access the first link. Here it is:

http://www.mdna-games.com/Amber/demo.htm

Penny Lane, if you've visited the site recently, the previous content is probably stored in your cache memory. To bypass that, make a hard refresh (ctrl + F5 in both Firefox and Explorer).

Posted By: kjos

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 01/22/12 08:19 PM

Great demo Mikael thanks so much. I downloaded the demo this morning using IE.
Sure was a long demo.
Richard

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 01/22/12 08:57 PM

Thanks Mikael!

Ana wave

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 01/22/12 09:00 PM

Yes! Thanks Mikael! wave

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 01/23/12 12:51 AM

quote from "BubbaJake" - "Norton's won't even allow me to open this demo."

N.A.V. does Not find any suspicious code. "This file has performed no suspicious actions."
The only reason that Norton AntiVirus "Insight" flags the file,
is because it is "new", and does not yet have a "reputation".
I also scanned the file, with "MicroSoft Security Essentials". "No threats were detected."
I downloaded the demo from 2 links. ("SpeedyShare" and "SendSpace") Same file details for both.
You can choose to "save" and "run" the file. (It is a Very Good demo, imho.)
Posted By: GreyFuss

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 01/23/12 04:23 AM

BubbaJake

Norton always protects against downloads with the WS Reputation in it (not sure why). If you want to bypass it All you have to do is open your Norton Quarantine log, select the Ambers Blood and click to restore it. The WS Reputation has never had a problem with me in downloaded games by restoring it from quarantine.

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 01/23/12 05:17 AM

Norton is not detecting what is in the file,
but what is not in the file. ("reputation")
This is because the file is new.
You can read a full description by "Norton" here...

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-In...ion/td-p/232155

Clarificat​ion on WS.Reputat​ion.1
====
After removing the file from quarantine,
I 'right-clicked on the file', and 'scanned it' with N.A.V.
"On-Demand Scan" = "No Threats Found".
(also scanned good, with "MicroSoft Security Essentials".)
Posted By: Uncle Reg

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 01/23/12 01:17 PM

Anybody pay attention to the names on the medical license?

Fred Pharkas lol lol

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 01/23/12 08:44 PM

oh, my !!!! Better watch out then snicker

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 01/23/12 10:09 PM

I finished the demo. Looks like another winner! happydance
Posted By: Dunn Tawkin

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 01/24/12 02:30 AM

Me too. I like to play these games when spring is just a-round the corner.

Anybody check out the license plate on the car, outside Stina's .

Thanks Dunn

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 01/24/12 10:39 PM

Thanks Greyfuss. I've tried the other downloads and had trouble with ALL of them. It's odd since I've never had a problem with any MDNA game.

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 01/25/12 01:12 AM

Bubba Jake, I don't think it's the demo itself, but the sites to which the file has been uploaded to, that your virus program has problems with. I can't see why though. I've made a new upload to Gamefront, which you can try. Here it is:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21228826/Amber%27s+Blood+demo+1.0.exe

(You have to copy and paste the URL).

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 01/25/12 01:25 AM

THanks Mikael!

Ana wave

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 01/25/12 06:20 PM

Uncle Reg & Dunn Tawkin~ It's always a treat to find special references in the Carol Reed games.. hidden in a bookshelf, or displayed in other innocuous places (like the two you found). I've seen Madonna on a magazine cover and "GameBoomers" here & there. There are others, too... always fun to find.

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 01/26/12 01:50 AM

Mikeal,
That first site just wanted me to download a download manager that wanted to change my homepage, so I'm glad you put on a new site for the download of your game.

I did the GameFront download, no problem.

I finished the Demo, it a great game, can't wait for the release in Feb. penguin

Thanks,
Marie wave

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 01/26/12 03:32 AM

I believe that "Norton AntiVirus" has stopped sending this file to "quarantine".

The download from GameFront is clean and fast.

From "SendSpace", the download is "throttled" (much slower),
and the site tries to make me download some junk files, at the same time.

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 01/29/12 05:38 PM

It doesn't matter what Norton's say or does with the demo, I will wait for the full game since I KNOW I won't have any trouble with it. It just makes it more intense to wait...

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 01/29/12 09:50 PM

Thank you, Chief for the link to the new download, but NOW it's refusing because of something called dc or dr9 for the exact same reason, something about 'reputation'? I just downloaded the new gen. Norton's this week and it's kinda cranky, I guess. I'll just wait and drool for the full game.

Mikael, I KNEW it was not the demo. AND thank you Chief, I was FINALLY able to play it!!! It was all I dreamed it would be. Side note; Saw Mission Impossible 4 and 'Mikael Nyqvist' co-starred! I was so excited. It was another actor, but for the next 1+ hours I kept checking every new character. I didn't know there were 2 of them!!!

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 02/04/12 02:20 AM

Demo was great. The game looks like a real winner. and now we know what happened to Sam Everett after Grey Matter ended: She went to Norrkoping and wrote a book about local stuff. LOL
Paul

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 02/10/12 08:05 PM

"Amber's Blood" IS AVAILABLE for "pre-order",
from the "Adventure Shop". smile
To release at midnight 17 Feb.(e.s.t.)

Please use the "GameBoomers" link, at top of this page,
or this...
http://us-adventureshop.gamesplanet.com/?affiliate=GameBoomers

Or, (edit: maybe?) you could get it later, from "InteractCD".

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 02/10/12 08:33 PM

Thanks adv! wave For anyone looking for the preorder, after clicking on adv's link above, you can scroll down and look to the left under "Coming Soon."

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 02/10/12 08:47 PM

Is this for the cd or the download?

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 02/10/12 08:51 PM

The Adventure Shop is download only (as far as I know)! The place to look for the disk will probably be Interact when it's even closer to the release date (the Interact banner is near the top of this page).

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 02/11/12 01:17 AM

As for the disc version, all I can say for sure now is that it will be available from the games website.

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 02/11/12 01:39 AM

Thanks Mikael. I just crossed out the previous speculative information. wave

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 02/11/12 09:38 AM

"As for the disc version, all I can say for sure now is that it will be available from the games website."

Great !! That's where I'll be buying, then thumbsup

Thanks, Mikael smile

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 02/11/12 03:39 PM

I will order the disk also. Will it be available on Feb. 16?

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 02/12/12 07:04 AM

Carol Reeds next adventure Ambers Blood has released early for download at the JA Store . Disk version will be made available for purchase from MDNA the developers Web site on Feb 16th.

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 02/12/12 10:30 AM

Wow! An early release? Thanks GreyFuss! wave

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 02/12/12 03:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Becky
Wow! An early release? Thanks GreyFuss! wave

Yes Miss Becky...isn't that different? We are normally hearing about constant delays and changed release dates taking longer. A pleasent surprise. Way to go Michael, thanks thumbsup

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 02/12/12 03:52 PM

Just bought the Ambers Blood fron JA and in the E-mail I clicked to go to the site to download the game but all I get is the hour glass. Won't access the site. anybody else have that problem.
Richard

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 02/12/12 04:25 PM

Kjos

Are you using Internet Explorer (IE) as your Browser?

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 02/12/12 04:33 PM

I am GreyFuss.

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 02/12/12 04:41 PM

You may have to do what I did. It seems that the Ftp site that JA uses has some quirks in it for some using IE, it did for me. After talking with there Support Staff I downloaded and installed the free FireFox browser and used it to download Ambers Blood. Worked perfectly and because I don't like a lot of stuff on my computer even though I have tons of space I simply uninstalled FireFox after.

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 02/12/12 04:55 PM

Thanks so much will try it.
I tried mozilla FireFox but it didn't work so I deleted it.
I tried IE again no luck.
Richard

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 02/12/12 05:44 PM

What happened when you used FireFox?

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 02/12/12 05:49 PM

Nothing it wouldn't the web site at all. Nothing happened. There was a little circle at the top left that kept going around.

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 02/12/12 05:52 PM

Maybe JA is working on it. You could contact their Support team.

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 02/12/12 05:57 PM

I guess I had better thanks GreyFuss.
Richard
Posted By: traveler

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 02/12/12 07:00 PM

kjos,

That sounds more like a slow connection than your browser. Or it could be the software the site uses. There were complaints about long loading times on Adventure Gamers' forum not long ago and it was the IT guy who had to fiddle around there and fix it.

Gil.

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 02/12/12 07:21 PM

Gil I never have any trouble with any of my other sites. Only one or two seconds to connect. Will give it some time to fix the conection. I guess that's the only place I can download Ambers Blood. Thanks
Richard
Posted By: traveler

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 02/12/12 07:51 PM

Originally Posted By: kjos
Gil I never have any trouble with any of my other sites.

That's exactly what I said to the guys at AG forum, kjos, and the lone IT guy replied mournfully that he'd see what he could do, so I'll bet it is the site that needs some attention. I haven't had any trouble lately.

Gil.

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 02/13/12 07:57 AM

"Disk version will be made available for purchase from MDNA the developers Web site on Feb 16th."

Yahoo !!!! happydance happydance happydance
Posted By: Krispi

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 02/13/12 09:55 PM

kjos: I bought the game from JA, as already pointed out the link in their email doesn't work in Internet Explorer. I copied it into Firefox though and it worked fine, after about a second it starts downloading. It's quite a large download (450MB) so may take a while depending on your connection.

Playing the game now and really enjoying it (just past the bit where the demo ended). I always enjoy my annual visits to Norrkoping...

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 02/13/12 10:45 PM

Krispi, I just tried FoxFire again but that didn't help. Thanks
Richard
Posted By: Krispi

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 02/14/12 12:15 AM

Originally Posted By: kjos
Krispi, I just tried FoxFire again but that didn't help. Thanks
Richard

Sorry to hear that. I've sent you a PM.

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 02/16/12 06:47 PM

I have already downloaded and purchased the digital game but I want to also buy the disk. So far all I am coming up with is the download but no disk! Even on MDNA games. Where can I get the disk?

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 02/16/12 07:03 PM

It will be available from the developer here hopefully later today.

Ana wave

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 02/16/12 07:48 PM

Ok I'll check later!

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 02/16/12 11:53 PM

It is available now. I just ordered it myself laugh

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 02/17/12 12:34 AM

I have ordered it. Thanks!

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 02/17/12 05:42 PM

I ordered the game also and can't wait to play it rah rah

I just got a email and my game has been shipped happydance I bought mine through the MDNA website.
Posted By: kazzmo

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 02/17/12 07:42 PM

When I click the above link to buy the game, the word "Buy" is in red print and will not let me order game.

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 02/17/12 07:44 PM

kazzmo,

Refresh your browser. The links were added later. I had the same situation. luck
Posted By: kazzmo

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 02/17/12 07:47 PM

Thanks MaG, Game has been ordered.

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 02/17/12 07:56 PM

Is there anywhere other than Just Adventure that I can download this game? Every time I try to buy from them, they decline my card and Visa puts a block on it and I have to call Visa to get the blocked removed. Thanks.
Been waiting months for this game and now I can't get it.

Never mind. I got it! Thanks anyway

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 02/17/12 08:07 PM

It's available at The Adventure Shop for download at top of the page.
Posted By: monbron

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 02/17/12 08:57 PM

How good is Mikael, I couldn't access 'Buy' on his website so I sent him an e mail, he replied within 30 minutes and arranged for me to pay paypal, thought about my problem and e mailed again to try 'refresh' on the brouser - it worked. What service from a developer he just has to be the BEST urock Thank you Mikael woot

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 02/18/12 04:59 PM

Placed my order Saturday through Mikael's link to the website, in his email.
No problems at all:
Quote:
Hi!
You're receiving this email since you've bought one or more of the Carol Reed games. I just wanted to let you know that the latest game in the series, Amber's Blood, has been released today. You can check it out here:
http://www.mdna-games.com Regards, Mikael, MDNA Games
Posted By: old lady

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 02/18/12 06:23 PM

I was also having problems order but 1 e-mail to Mikael and it was solved. What brillient service to go with outstanding games

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 02/18/12 07:31 PM

I received word from Mikeal today that my order is already on its way !!!! yay

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 02/21/12 08:33 PM

And now it's here !!!! yay
Posted By: GBC

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 02/21/12 09:55 PM

Just ordere4d the disk. Can't wait. penguin
Posted By: Laurette

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 02/22/12 12:03 AM

Went to website to buy game and the text was in Swedish? Help, please. Thanks.

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 02/22/12 12:15 AM

It is English for me. Did you go here?
Posted By: Laurette

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 02/22/12 01:00 AM

I guess not. Thank you!
I went there, and when I go to check out, it is in Swedish! Never had this problem before. Thanks for any help.

Finally figured it out. Thanks.

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 02/22/12 03:18 PM

It wasn't English for me, either, which was unusual, but it was all very simple and I didn't have a problem ordering.

And the game is now sitting on my shelf, ready .... waiting ....

bravo bravo bravo

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 02/24/12 12:52 AM

I don't understand this about the site not being in English. You must be referring to the PayPal cart? I'm in Sweden, but I've set everything to be in English, so something strange must be going on here.

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 02/24/12 01:09 PM

Yes, thinking about it, maybe it was just the PayPal cart bit, Mikael.

But I got your lovely game and that's what matters thanks

Posted By: Skippy

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 03/08/12 06:24 PM

I live in Ontario, Canada. I ordered the game directly from MDNA and received it in less than a week! Impressive! I'm playing it now and it's so good. I love these games, love poking around in people's stuff and especially enjoy seeing places that I would never get to see otherwise. My family had fun with the game shelves in Carol's computer room. If you look closely you can pick out familiar games. We were sitting together pointing out games we recognized. What a blast!

Thankyou Mikael for another great game!
Posted By: 8dognight

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 03/15/12 09:27 PM

I've been off games for a while, now this. I'm waiting impatiently for my disk. A new Carol Reed, especially a new one with a rave review from Becky, was beyond mortal power to resist.
Posted By: linda333

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 03/16/12 05:15 PM

I have been trying to order the game on disc from the offical website now for days. It either shows the order text in Swedish or when I go to the checkout it says, error on page etc. So I can't confrim my order. I may have to resort to a download version.

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 03/16/12 05:48 PM

linda, check if THIS ONE works for you.

Chief wave
Posted By: linda333

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 03/16/12 08:39 PM

Hi, no that link seems to offer a download site. I really didn't see a link for ordering a disk. Thanks for the help...

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 03/16/12 08:41 PM

Linda

Did you click the "Buy" button?

Re: Amber's Blood -- The 8th Carol Reed Mystery -- To Release in February 2012 - 03/16/12 08:43 PM

Linda, from my link, please read the first phrase under the words Amber's Blood in red.

Chief
© 2024 GameBoomers Community