GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 20 of 23 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 23
Re: Myst IV Revelation Quest Here -- Directory for Puzzle Help Page 40 -- Spoiler Alert #107243
10/18/04 06:42 PM
10/18/04 06:42 PM
Wilmington, DE
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer
dadguy  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Wilmington, DE
Margie (tazmanw),

Snake puzzle:

I tried it again and it works everytime. Have you read my post to Jerry on the previous page in this Quest (page 38)? I give a thorough description.

Wysewomon is right. Maybe what you are missing is the release of the mouse button after you drag it right to left. I also checked where the hand cursor works best. You can put your fingertips on the stripe, or the palm of the hand.. it works both ways. Make sure you start your stroke on the right end of the black stripe (as opposed to starting off the right edge) and ending the stroke while still on the left end of the stripe (as opposed to running off to the left). Also, don't drag too slowly... it seems to miss the very slow strokes.

Good luck,

Dadguy

Re: Myst IV Revelation Quest Here -- Directory for Puzzle Help Page 40 -- Spoiler Alert #107244
10/18/04 06:45 PM
10/18/04 06:45 PM
Wilmington, DE
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer
dadguy  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Wilmington, DE
Dragonia! Well done. We knew you'd get it! You are almost done... one more puzzle that hasn't gotten much fanfare, but is quite involved (I never really understood the Yeesha memory puzzle at the end).

Dadguy

Re: Myst IV Revelation Quest Here -- Directory for Puzzle Help Page 40 -- Spoiler Alert #107245
10/18/04 06:53 PM
10/18/04 06:53 PM
Denver, Colorado
tazmanw Offline
Settled Boomer
tazmanw  Offline
Settled Boomer

Denver, Colorado
Yeah! Thanx Wysewoman and Dadguy (and sorry Dadguy I didn't see the post on previous page-thought I'd checked em all) Anyway, I wasn't releasing between strokes and I was going to slow- sometimes it's the simple things.... Thanx a mil! Now onto Tomahna....

Re: Myst IV Revelation Quest Here -- Directory for Puzzle Help Page 40 -- Spoiler Alert #107246
10/18/04 08:28 PM
10/18/04 08:28 PM
Hampton Roads
V
Vizagoth Offline
Settled Boomer
Vizagoth  Offline
Settled Boomer
V

Hampton Roads
Finished the game this evening. Did any one else notice the brass plate on the deck in Tomahna with "The End has not yet been written" on it? Is this a clue there will be a Myst 5?
Viz

Just for today, I will not sit in my living room all day in my
pajamas. Instead, I will move my computer into the bedroom.
Re: Myst IV Revelation Quest Here -- Directory for Puzzle Help Page 40 -- Spoiler Alert #107251
10/19/04 09:16 AM
10/19/04 09:16 AM
MaG Offline
Sonic Boomer
MaG  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Dadguy,

I too would like to thank you for all your help getting the gamers through Myst IV. It is really appreciated!

Thanks again!

Re: Myst IV Revelation Quest Here -- Directory for Puzzle Help Page 40 -- Spoiler Alert #107252
10/19/04 10:21 AM
10/19/04 10:21 AM
hunched over my computer
wysewomon Offline
Addicted Boomer
wysewomon  Offline
Addicted Boomer

hunched over my computer
Quote:
Originally posted by Vizagoth:
Finished the game this evening. Did any one else notice the brass plate on the deck in Tomahna with "The End has not yet been written" on it? Is this a clue there will be a Myst 5?
Viz
I didn't notice that until I came back from Haven! Was that there all the time wink ? I have heard somewhere thay a Myst V is already under development, but it may just be a rumour...

Getting close to the end game, I think and I'm really sad about that.

WW

"So then he says it's enough to take aim! What's that supposed to mean?!?"

Re: Myst IV Revelation Quest Here -- Directory for Puzzle Help Page 40 -- Spoiler Alert #107253
10/19/04 01:59 PM
10/19/04 01:59 PM
Milton, Ontario, Canada
Pere Offline
Shy Boomer
Pere  Offline
Shy Boomer

Milton, Ontario, Canada
Although I've finished the game,or at least I think I have, there were a couple of items that have been nagging at me:
1) In Serenia, the drained out cavern had what looked to be like a half-shaped turnstile. When you moved it (ie turned it a little) sun-light would be reflect to different parts of the back wall. I couldn't figure out its purpose; and,

2) When I was leaving Spire there was a book that I could not open which was sitting on the bench located in the front part of the linking chamber. (The Tomahna linking book was in a see-through case in the back part of the chamber). Was I supposed to have been able to open this book?

Re: Myst IV Revelation Quest Here -- Directory for Puzzle Help Page 40 -- Spoiler Alert #107254
10/19/04 04:44 PM
10/19/04 04:44 PM
hunched over my computer
wysewomon Offline
Addicted Boomer
wysewomon  Offline
Addicted Boomer

hunched over my computer
I didn't notice the thing in serenia (or haven't yet). The book in Spire wasn't there to be opened, I don't think, but you should have got some information from the amulet when you zoomed in.

WW

Re: Myst IV Revelation Quest Here -- Directory for Puzzle Help Page 40 -- Spoiler Alert #107255
10/19/04 07:32 PM
10/19/04 07:32 PM
Utah
jayne Offline
Settled Boomer
jayne  Offline
Settled Boomer

Utah
I have the same questions about the drained out cavern sun thing. Not sure what its purpose was.

However, I did happen to go back to Spire after being on Serenia for a bit to re-look at the colors on the elevator. I saw your book and opened it. It was a brief snippet of conversation Yeesha with Sirus. I don't remember seeing the book on my first visit to Spire.

Jayne (who has started Silver Earring but who still misses Myst IV)

Re: Myst IV Revelation Quest Here -- Directory for Puzzle Help Page 40 -- Spoiler Alert #107256
10/19/04 09:03 PM
10/19/04 09:03 PM
Wilmington, DE
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer
dadguy  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Wilmington, DE
Drained out cavern: Do you mean the area under the Harvester by the workshop?

Book in Spire: I was never able to open that book. I'll try it after a Serenia save as Jayne did...

Dadguy

Re: Myst IV Revelation Quest Here -- Directory for Puzzle Help Page 40 -- Spoiler Alert #107257
10/19/04 09:28 PM
10/19/04 09:28 PM
Milton, Ontario, Canada
Pere Offline
Shy Boomer
Pere  Offline
Shy Boomer

Milton, Ontario, Canada
Yes, I did get the brief conversation between Yeesha and Sirrus through the Amulet. (Yeesha to teach Sirrus D'ni). Now that I think of it I guess the book served as the best object that would enable the amulet to pass on that conversation. Since it really wasn't a 'written' dialog the book couldn't be opened but serve merely as a kind of transmitter. Kind of makes sense to me now why it didn't open. Thanks.

Re: Myst IV Revelation Quest Here -- Directory for Puzzle Help Page 40 -- Spoiler Alert #107259
10/20/04 10:22 AM
10/20/04 10:22 AM
hunched over my computer
wysewomon Offline
Addicted Boomer
wysewomon  Offline
Addicted Boomer

hunched over my computer
Dadguy--

no, the drained out cavern is the one that Achenar stole the (forget the name) really significant stone artifact from, the one that's shaped like a head from the outside and when you turn the water back on it comes out the mouth. The reflector thingie is inside there, and I was sure there was going to be some point to it, but I haven't found it!

WW

Re: Myst IV Revelation Quest Here -- Directory for Puzzle Help Page 40 -- Spoiler Alert #107260
10/20/04 10:20 PM
10/20/04 10:20 PM
Wilmington, DE
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer
dadguy  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Wilmington, DE
Ah, yes... thank you WW! Yes, I thought there was a puzzle developing there, but never found any progress in it. The cavern was flooded later and you couldn't get back in.

I haven't revisited the Spire book yet, but I am intrigued by your finding.

Dadguy

Re: Myst IV Revelation Quest Here -- Directory for Puzzle Help Page 40 -- Spoiler Alert #107262
10/21/04 08:37 AM
10/21/04 08:37 AM
Stony Brook, New York, USA
Becky Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Stony Brook, New York, USA
UPDATED DIRECTORY (INDEX) TO PUZZLE HELP

Well, here it is. An index to some of the puzzle help in this thread. I'm posting the updated version on page 40, as it is becoming annoying to have to get back to page 24....

Important Note: This is NOT an index to all the help in the thread, just to the puzzles that seem to be giving the most trouble.

Reading all the way through the thread will give you significantly more help than if you just refer to this index. If you read all the way through, you will be entertained and inspired. You also might need to take time afterwards to rest your eyes.

Tomahna

Bookcase puzzle in Yeesha’s bedroom – page 13

Fireplace puzzle – page 11

Teledahn crystal viewer and telescope – (different solution than in the Prima Official Game Guide)
Quote:
In the interest of total completeness (and because other people will have this problem) I have written down a list of the crystal shapes and what number they are on the slider -- the slider moves so quickly that it's easy to miss them.
Here they are:
Slot 1 -- tear drop
Slot 2 -- single spire
Slot 3 -- double spire, short, close together
Slot 4 -- fox ears
Slot 5 -- engagement ring
Slot 6 -- multiple spikes
Slot 7 -- double spire, tall, close together
Slot 8 -- single spire, angled top

So using these (admittedly strange) descriptions, the puzzle is solved this way: (note the console I'm talking about with buttons is UNDER the static view screen)

Red multiple spikes (hit leftmost button on console)
Light blue double spire, short -- close together (hit next button to the right on the console)
Yellow single spire -- angled top (hit next button on the console)
Green single spire -- angled top (hit next button on the console)
Dark blue single spire (hit last button on the console)
Then hit the middle button on the console.

To get the telescope working -- you must go up in the chair and look at the viewer in close-up (magnifying glass). The thing that seems to turn the crystal viewer on is pushing the button on the top right of the telescope console (looks like there's a lighthouse on the button). When you push this, you'll see the light become bright orange and you'll hear static starting on the crystal viewer. When you get out of the chair and look at the crystal viewer, you'll now see static on the view screen there.

Hope this helps.|

Spire

Flying the ship in Spire – page 3, 12

Spire spider chair crystal tuning puzzle – page 11, 14, 20, 22, 29, 37, 46 -- hanging below spider chair gear help page 24

Location of Spire medalion -- 35

Spire -- book that won't open in linking chamber -- page 40

Haven

Gate puzzle in Haven – wooden gate, puzzle on the left – page 12, 25

Haven drawbridge puzzle – page 13, 15

Haven Mangree/Camoudile puzzle – page 15, 16, 23, 27-29, 38

Monkey wheel totem puzzle – page 17

Haven elevator balls in box puzzle – page 20 and 21

Serenia

Getting to Serenia – page 20

Serenia dreamworld strategy – page 16, 28, 29, 30, 32, 33, 42

Serenia spirit guide puzzle -- page 26, 28, 32, 45

Serenia colored marbles lock -- page 30, 31, 34, 38

Harvester/water wheels -- page 32, 33, 37

Serenia Snake -- page 38-39

Serenia Map -- page 42

What to do if your game is slowing down significantly as you progress through the game:
Quote:

BillyBob: I deleted all but my first and last save and the game "loosened up" and ran a lot faster. I haven't been able to figure out where the pictures taken with the "camera" are located but that's probably because they are associated with the individual saves (my guess) and that would help to account for the size of the saves.

Jenny on how to delete saves: You don't have to go into the computer to delete games, --just go to "load" in the options. The middle option (I'm pretty sure it's the middle, but it's labelled anyway) is to "delete", so you just highlight a save and click that. There will probably be a box asking it you want to delete it.

Skippidy: I just copied my savegame files to another directory as CES had suggested. I'd hate to DELETE something I'd like to use again later.
However, the advice was good. Things move faster with less savegames. Jenny's advice is good for deleting saves, but there are faster ways to do it using Windows Explorer. But, stick to what you know and are comfortable with.

Re: Myst IV Revelation Quest Here -- Directory for Puzzle Help Page 40 -- Spoiler Alert #107264
10/21/04 08:57 PM
10/21/04 08:57 PM
Oregon
rockingrjranch Offline
Settled Boomer
rockingrjranch  Offline
Settled Boomer

Oregon
I'm sure I saw this somewhere in this thread but I can't wake up the Protectors. I even went back and followed the WT and still didn't get the middle aged protector to appear to trigger the wake up call. Any ideas? I followed everything step by step. At least I think I did. duh

Nancy
While no trees were harmed in the transmission of this message, thousands of pixels were inconvenienced. smile
Re: Myst IV Revelation Quest Here -- Directory for Puzzle Help Page 40 -- Spoiler Alert #107265
10/21/04 10:42 PM
10/21/04 10:42 PM
Wilmington, DE
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer
dadguy  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Wilmington, DE
Rock,

Yes, they do sleep a lot, don't they? I must have returned 6 times to listen to them snoring...

I can tell you this; the Protectors didn't wake for me up until I finished turning the final water valve down by the workshop (the one with the snake puzzle on the wheel). After I did this I took the long walk around to the drawbridge to get to the workshop, and on the way, I checked the Protectors and they were awake finally.

If that doesn't work for you, it may be that it's just a time thing that will eventually trigger.

Cheers,

Dadguy

Re: Myst IV Revelation Quest Here -- Directory for Puzzle Help Page 40 -- Spoiler Alert #107269
10/22/04 06:15 AM
10/22/04 06:15 AM
Netherlands
Henny Tiben Offline
Settled Boomer
Henny Tiben  Offline
Settled Boomer

Netherlands
I realy need a saving for after the crystals in the spiderchair, because my hands are not able to do such little movements. I`m sorry, that I have to ask for this, because solving by myself is much more rewarding, but I can`t. Please help me.

B.H.Koster-Tiben
Re: Myst IV Revelation Quest Here -- Directory for Puzzle Help Page 40 -- Spoiler Alert #107270
10/22/04 11:29 AM
10/22/04 11:29 AM
Northwestern New Mexico, USA
Jenny Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Jenny  Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Sonic Boomer

Northwestern New Mexico, USA
Henny, the problem with getting a save from someone else is that you may miss a big chunk of the game, or have to repeat a lot of stuff. Several lovely Boomers have been taking saves from people who are having trouble, and playing through the part that is difficult, then sending a new save back. Let me see if I can get in touch with one of them...

"Once you give up integrity, the rest is easy." Anonymous
Re: Myst IV Revelation Quest Here -- Directory for Puzzle Help Page 40 -- Spoiler Alert #107274
10/22/04 04:26 PM
10/22/04 04:26 PM
Oregon
rockingrjranch Offline
Settled Boomer
rockingrjranch  Offline
Settled Boomer

Oregon
Dadguy, you have been SO helpful. thanks I will go back and try another wakeup call. sleep
By the way I saw that you also downloaded the latest drivers from Nvidia, at least I think it was you. I did the same and still had the problem with reading hints. Did you also experience the same problems???

Nancy
While no trees were harmed in the transmission of this message, thousands of pixels were inconvenienced. smile
Re: Myst IV Revelation Quest Here -- Directory for Puzzle Help Page 40 -- Spoiler Alert #107275
10/22/04 04:55 PM
10/22/04 04:55 PM
Wilmington, DE
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer
dadguy  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Wilmington, DE
Rock,

Yes, I actually downloaded the "beta" drivers. The most current are version 61.77 (I think) for my GeForce card. I downloaded the beta version 66.72 which work great (fixed numerous 3D graphic problems with sunshine and fog, plus fixed the notes view). I read somewhere that you should re-install DirectX version 9.0C after you upgrade the drivers, but I don't know if this will help.

The downside is that I have a few problems with Uru now (snow like surfaces in Relto, etc.).

But, I can live with that for now...

Let us know if the Protectors wake up.

Dadguy

Re: Myst IV Revelation Quest Here -- Directory for Puzzle Help Page 40 -- Spoiler Alert #107276
10/23/04 01:05 AM
10/23/04 01:05 AM
WA
dragonia Offline
Shy Boomer
dragonia  Offline
Shy Boomer

WA
Welp I just finished the game. You can't play it after Atrus's speech? I wanted to go back through the game and look at some stuff.

Re: Myst IV Revelation Quest Here -- Directory for Puzzle Help Page 40 -- Spoiler Alert #107278
10/23/04 10:29 AM
10/23/04 10:29 AM
Oregon
rockingrjranch Offline
Settled Boomer
rockingrjranch  Offline
Settled Boomer

Oregon
Dadguy, the Protectors finally woke up. I was looking in the wrong place for the middle aged lady. I swear when I did find her she said "It's about time." Could have stuck my tongue out at her.
Anyway, I am finished with the game. WHAT A GREAT GAME!!! The graphics are super along with the music. You just wanted to hang around and take it all in. Myst sets a high standard.

Thanks again for all your help. thanks

Jayne, if you are out there, it sounds as if you have also finished. I will probably go back and play again.

What's the next game to play?

Nancy
Re: Myst IV Revelation Quest Here -- Directory for Puzzle Help Page 40 -- Spoiler Alert #107281
10/23/04 02:45 PM
10/23/04 02:45 PM
Utah
jayne Offline
Settled Boomer
jayne  Offline
Settled Boomer

Utah
Hi Rocking--

Congratulations!!! It's a great feeling to get it done but also pretty sad, isn't it? I love the Myst worlds.

I'm playing Sherlock Holmes Silver Earing right now but it's not the type of game I really enjoy.

I'm waiting for Atlantis Evolution (should arrive next Tues) for some serious game playing.

I've only been playing Adventure games for about a year...and not full time. Someone I know said I had a mind that was just like a Myst game (I'm not certain that was a compliment). At any rate I looked up Myst (which I first spelled Mist) on the interent and the rest is history. I enjoy games without much dialogue.

Anyway, on Tuesday/Wed I will start Atlantis Evolution. Care to join me?

Again, great job on getting it done. I can't believe you're going to do the Spider chair again! You must love mental agony and stress. smile

Take care.
Jayne

Re: Myst IV Revelation Quest Here -- Directory for Puzzle Help Page 40 -- Spoiler Alert #107282
10/23/04 06:03 PM
10/23/04 06:03 PM
saskatchewan, canada
S
syberia1 Offline
Junior Boomer
syberia1  Offline
Junior Boomer
S

saskatchewan, canada
okay i'm still in the chair and will be here for eons. this is really hard for me to do. the monkeys were easy compared to this. is there any way around this chair i really don't want to give up?

Re: Myst IV Revelation Quest Here -- Directory for Puzzle Help Page 40 -- Spoiler Alert #107284
10/23/04 11:53 PM
10/23/04 11:53 PM
Wilmington, DE
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer
dadguy  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Wilmington, DE
Syberia,

It took me about 10 tries to get it the first time. Now, as fellow Boomers have been sending me their saves and asking for a solve, I have gotten to the point where I can solve it first time; so the message is, YOU CAN DO IT! Best advice is to use the directory (page 40) and use the methods other boomers have devised to get thru it.

Keep at it! It is satisfying to beat this puzzle.

Dadguy

Page 20 of 23 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 23
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (oldbroad, Fogfighter), 271 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users