GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Malwarebytes #1131679
11/13/17 10:29 AM
11/13/17 10:29 AM
Kent UK
monbron Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
monbron  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Kent UK
Forgive me for using this forum for a very quick question but I don't know who else to ask, if I ask Malwarebytes I will have to wait forever....... Is there a way to turn off Malwarebytes temporarily as I can do with Norton. I am having trouble with my on line library service I can't get in and it would appear the problem is at my end, it started about a month ago and is intermittent, I can get in from the public computer at the library, I have tried IE, google and firefox so I don't think it is the server, I have turned off Norton still no luck, the only other unknown quantity is Malwarebytes so I would like to try turning it off for a while?? wave2

Re: Malwarebytes [Re: monbron] #1131685
11/13/17 10:53 AM
11/13/17 10:53 AM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Jenny100  Offline
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA

If you're trying to log into your library, why would Norton or MalwareBytes have anything to do with it?

Originally Posted By: monbron
it started about a month ago and is intermittent

That doesn't really sound like the problem is at your end.

You can get in when you're at the library because you're on the library's network. When you're at the library, your connection doesn't have to go out over the Internet.

If you still want to try disabling MalwareBytes, instructions are here
https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/155573-how-to-temporarily-disable-malwarebytes/

However if MalwareBytes or Norton were blocking the library website, it wouldn't be "intermittent."

Re: Malwarebytes [Re: monbron] #1131693
11/13/17 12:08 PM
11/13/17 12:08 PM
Kent UK
monbron Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
monbron  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Kent UK
I agree, but it is really frustrating trying to prove this as it seems to work elsewhere, and I have a desk top and a laptop and it happens on both but nowhere else, I have had a 'chat' with an online librarian who can make it work from her end (and she is - wait for it in South Carolina - I am in the UK)??? I don't suppose my Internet supplier (PlusNet) has anything to do with it? I deleted c cleaner just in case and I don't have Malwarebytes on the laptop as it is only a back up machine. I am running out of ideas as to what try next. smashpc

Re: Malwarebytes [Re: monbron] #1131695
11/13/17 12:22 PM
11/13/17 12:22 PM
Near St. Louis, MO
Draclvr Online content
Reviews Editor - Hints/Glitches Mod - Site Support
Draclvr  Online Content
Reviews Editor - Hints/Glitches Mod - Site Support
True Blue Boomer

Near St. Louis, MO
I had a problem similar to this with BookBub emails which I get every day about book deals on Amazon. Suddenly, I stopped being able to access the links in the emails. BookBub worked with me extensively and I even went to my ISP to be sure they weren't blocking the outgoing traffic. Then the same thing started happening with links in daily deal emails from Newegg and a couple of other websites. When I was on another network at my sister's house, I could access the links just fine, so I narrowed it down to my ISP. I went back to my ISP and told them about the problem being more than just the one website and only happening on their network. I never heard from them what they did, but about 2 weeks later, I suddenly started being able to access the links in these emails.

Is there any way you could try using your laptop on another network to see if you can access the library?

CCleaner wouldn't have anything to do with it as it doesn't work that way. It can run in real time, but all it does is tell you when you have a certain amount of space you can recover by running it. I have mine set to NOT run in real time.

Once again, weeds are my life!
Re: Malwarebytes [Re: monbron] #1131698
11/13/17 12:37 PM
11/13/17 12:37 PM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
Jenny100  Offline
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
Originally Posted By: monbron
I don't suppose my Internet supplier (PlusNet) has anything to do with it?

As Draclvr pointed out, it might.

Originally Posted By: Draclvr
Is there any way you could try using your laptop on another network to see if you can access the library?

Great suggestion.

Re: Malwarebytes [Re: monbron] #1131715
11/13/17 02:45 PM
11/13/17 02:45 PM
Kent UK
monbron Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
monbron  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Kent UK
Yep I will have to go a friends house, or I could just take to a local coffee shop and try, I did try on my android phone, using google and I could get through to the page I wanted but I am not very good with phones and I don't know how to make the page smaller so I was seeing what is an A4 size on the a much smaller screen and having to scoot all over the place to get info, however it does show that by not going through my ISP I was getting there, but it doesn't work on google on the desktop!!??

However I will e mail my ISP and present them with the problem and we shall see.

Thanks for all your help on a non GB problem. urock

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr 

Who's Online Now
4 registered members (soot, BrownEyedTigre, fildil, 1 invisible), 386 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users