GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
The Mystery of Woolley Mountain Release Date #1180368
03/14/19 10:17 PM
03/14/19 10:17 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Online content OP
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Online Content OP
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Pre-orders now open on the Nintendo store and demo available on Steam

Demo available Here.

Check out the official website here.

14 MARCH 2019 - Indie developers the Lightfoot Brothers today announce that their upcoming otherworldly adventure game, The Mystery of Woolley Mountain will release 10 April 2019.

Pre-orders are now open on the Nintendo Storefront worldwide with a 25% discount and a playable demo is available via Steam.

The Mystery of Woolley Mountain will launch at £9.99 / €10.99 / $12.99 across both the Nintendo eShop and Steam. The demo gives players an exclusive taste of the strange beasts, evil witches, confused automatons and wacky ropemen that lurk within the eccentric point and click - which was endorsed by none other than legend of the genre Ron Gilbert himself, who pledged toward the game's successful Kickstarter campaign.

The Mystery of Woolley Mountain is an otherworldly point-and-click adventure, which takes inspiration from the likes of Monkey Island, Day of the Tentacle and The Trap Door. Join a renegade crew of time travelling audio scientists as you embark on a fantastical quest to save a group of children from a malevolent witch who has taken them captive on the mysterious island of Woolley Mountain.

Lead developer James Lightfoot said: "Woolley Mountain encapsulates everything about us, everything that we embody and love - humour, art, adventure, music, cartoons, other worlds, camaraderie, puzzles and time travel."

"We really hope we’ve created a world that you want to exist and play in over and over again."

The Mystery of Woolley Mountain will release for PC and Mac (via Steam), as well as Nintendo Switch via the Nintendo eShop, on 10th April 2019.

About The Mystery of Woolley Mountain

Funded on Kickstarter with backers including legend of the genre Ron Gilbert, The Mystery of Woolley Mountain is an otherworldly adventure game filled with strange beasts, evil witches, confused automatons and wacky ropemen.

Join a renegade crew of time-travelling audio scientists on a hilarious and fantastical quest. A malevolent witch has captured a group of children, and it’s up to you to save them from the mysterious island of Woolley Mountain!

Explore a rich and interactive set of environments, filled with head-scratching puzzles. Unravel a salacious storyline, meet a cornucopia of quirky characters, and boogie on down to an awesome original soundtrack!

Key features

Colourful world: A fantastical sprawling universe, populated by beasts, witches, automatons, ropemen and other strange and wonderful beings.
Family content and all-ages humour: No swearing... well, maybe the word ‘darn’ on occasion!
Striking 2D graphics: Adventure Time meets the Simpsons in Wooley Mountain’s lovingly crafted art style.
Gripping story: The five scientists travel in their amazing time-traversing Crystal Submarine from island to island. Can they make it to the dangerous island of Woolley mountain, destroy the evil witch, and rescue the kids?

Happy Gaming!

Ana

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: The Mystery of Woolley Mountain Release Date [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1180379
03/15/19 01:30 AM
03/15/19 01:30 AM
Chicago
oldbroad Online sad
Graduate Boomer
oldbroad  Online Sad
Graduate Boomer

Chicago
Thank you Ana.

Re: The Mystery of Woolley Mountain Release Date [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1180392
03/15/19 06:45 AM
03/15/19 06:45 AM
winter springs fl.
connie Offline
Graduate Boomer
connie  Offline
Graduate Boomer

winter springs fl.
Thanks Ana.

Connie
Re: The Mystery of Woolley Mountain Release Date [Re: connie] #1180438
03/15/19 12:57 PM
03/15/19 12:57 PM
United Kingdom
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline
Sonic Boomer

United Kingdom
thanks BrownEyedTigre smile

Time : The Most Precious Commodity
Re: The Mystery of Woolley Mountain Release Date [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1188063
06/05/19 07:32 AM
06/05/19 07:32 AM
UK
L
lynthorpe Offline
Settled Boomer
lynthorpe  Offline
Settled Boomer
L

UK
Has anyone played this game? I've only been playing a short time and have already encountered a QTE. Grrrr! There is a mini game a bit like the old Breakout game where you have to clear the clouds from the sun in order to receive the friendship bracelet and I just CANNOT do it. There doesn't seem to be a skip available. I really hope I haven't wasted my money because I can't get through it. Has anyone any idea if there is a way round it?

Last edited by lynthorpe; 06/05/19 07:33 AM.
Re: The Mystery of Woolley Mountain Release Date [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1188203
06/07/19 02:46 AM
06/07/19 02:46 AM
O
opcvop Offline
Shy Boomer
opcvop  Offline
Shy Boomer
O

I have finished the game and remember the minigame you refer to. It took me quite a while, so I do understand your frustration. Unfortunately I have no real help to offer, except to contact the developer, via Steam or the game website. They need to know that some of us really HATE those QTE´s in adventure games. Why are developers so reluctant to use skip buttons in their games ? I have asked them each and every time I was stuck like you, but never got any sensible answer. But some of them (but centainly not all of them) actually cares about their customers and will provide you with a save game.
The game is otherwise a true inventory based adventure and as such not bad at all. As far as I remember their are no other QTE´s in it.

Re: The Mystery of Woolley Mountain Release Date [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1188227
06/07/19 08:52 AM
06/07/19 08:52 AM
UK
L
lynthorpe Offline
Settled Boomer
lynthorpe  Offline
Settled Boomer
L

UK
Thanks opcvop. I did eventually manage to beat it over 3 cups of tea! I have now completed the game and thoroughly enjoyed the rest of it. I have posted a comment on Steam so we'll see if that evokes any kind of response.
I am always banging on about this on GB. Lost Horizon 2 and Silence had this sort stuff and, although I did finish both games, they were, for me, far less enjoyable than their respective predecessors. And don't even get me started on King's Quest! I could NOT do the surfboarding thing and just gave up.
I don't see the point of mixing different genres of games together. Those who enjoy adventure don't want QTEs and fans of fast action are not going to play adventure nor will it attract players of one genre to the other.
So, if there are any devs out there reading this, please, please PLEEEEASE don't do this! tantrum

Re: The Mystery of Woolley Mountain Release Date [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1188237
06/07/19 12:08 PM
06/07/19 12:08 PM
Chicago
oldbroad Online sad
Graduate Boomer
oldbroad  Online Sad
Graduate Boomer

Chicago
Thanks lynthorpe (and cpcvop) for this information about the game.

Re: The Mystery of Woolley Mountain Release Date [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1188301
06/08/19 08:00 AM
06/08/19 08:00 AM
Upper Arlington, Ohio
Space Quest Fan Offline
Graduate Boomer
Space Quest Fan  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Upper Arlington, Ohio
Thanks Ana.

It's nice to be important but it is much more important to be nice.
Re: The Mystery of Woolley Mountain Release Date [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1188312
06/08/19 11:59 AM
06/08/19 11:59 AM
UK
L
lynthorpe Offline
Settled Boomer
lynthorpe  Offline
Settled Boomer
L

UK
Apart from that one really annoying thing, it's a great little game actually.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 278 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users