GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Top Ten best TMs? #1211421
03/02/20 12:42 AM
03/02/20 12:42 AM
San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Reenie Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

I have been thinking of buying a TM game because so many of you (whose critiques of casual games I trust) have said you play them. There are way too many TM games to choose from and I would not know where to start. Also, I know there probably are stinkers to be avoided because there are stinkers in the HOA group, too. So, I'd love to hear which games you think are the best so far.

I also have a couple of questions. These may seem obvious, but I don't know anything about TM games:

1. I would prefer a game that isn't cartoonish, so am wondering if any of them have a more "naturalistic" design palette instead of being candy-colored. Do any TM games utilize realistic-looking people in place of "comic characters"?

2. I'd like to design/create something rather than be running around managing a farm or a restaurant while a clock ticks off the time. Something on the lines of the old "Civilization" or "SimCity" series would be appealing. I realize these are time "management" games, but are there any where time is not the principle governing element?

Re: Top Ten best TMs? [Re: Reenie] #1211448
03/02/20 08:39 AM
03/02/20 08:39 AM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Reenie, I am going to mention three for starters, ones that fit your description apart from the fact that the characters do not look realistic - you will have a hard time finding that unless you play a tycoon simulator like Restaurant Tycoon.

You will notice that Big Fish categorizes them as strategy games - what they choose for categories can sometimes be a bit inconsistent, but I believe these games to be closer to what you are describing.

The Promised Land

All My Gods

World of Zellians

Lastly, I have not tested these on Windows 10 so do not know for sure if they run well on it, if at all. If these prove to be a no-go, let me know and I will come up with different suggestions for you. smile

I am also pretty sure that these games are not timed.

Re: Top Ten best TMs? [Re: Reenie] #1211476
03/02/20 12:12 PM
03/02/20 12:12 PM
Mid South Boonies
Meems Offline
Junior Boomer
Meems  Offline
Junior Boomer

Mid South Boonies
Good morning all,

I pretty much lost my taste for TMs when Sandlot got sold and buried.
I agree with Marian's choices because I own them and still replay when HOAs get boring.
I would like to add to the list these selections which may or not be true Time Management games.

All of the Westwards, Farm Tribe 1 and 2, Farm Craft 1 and 2, Fiona Finch and the Finest Flowers, The Happy Hereafter, Wandering Willows,
The Island Castaways 1 and 2, and last but not least Totem Tribe Gold.

These next selections I call "fast clickers", fun but finger busters and adrenaline infused heart pumpers.

Dragon Keeper 1, Magic Farm-Ultimate Flowers, Magic Farm- Fairy Lands, Plants vs Zombies, The Fifth Gate, and to bring down your adrenaline highs these soothing snore fests, Plant and Fish Tycoon.

Yes, a lot of oldies but I'm sure there are hundreds of new- fangled Time Management games for you to trial when you get the time. I personally don't care for them.

I also have not upgraded to Windows 10 so I don't know if these games will play.

Re: Top Ten best TMs? [Re: Reenie] #1211477
03/02/20 12:25 PM
03/02/20 12:25 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Those are all good choices, Meems. wave

Not sure about the rest of them, but Wandering Willows, Plants vs Zombies, Fiona Finch and the Finest Flowers, and the Westward games have been removed from Big Fish and are no longer available. They can be found elsewhere, though.

I have noticed that the line drawn on Big Fish is rather fuzzy when it comes to calling certain games either time management or strategy. A lot of them have elements of both, so it's worth looking at both categories.

I loved Totem Tribe Gold as well as the Island Castaway games! Big Fish has Totem Tribe but not Totem Tribe Gold.

Re: Top Ten best TMs? [Re: Marian] #1211497
03/02/20 01:24 PM
03/02/20 01:24 PM
Reenie Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Marian, the first one you mentioned sounds like it would be a hit with me, right off the bat. I can't look at the preview because my anti-virus software blocks Flash from playing now, but I am going to see if I can play the Demo of it and get a feel for it.

Meems, you are SO right about "finger busters." I don't want to have to be madly clicking against a clock! I knew I didn't want Diner Dash or anything like it. Aside from the stress, I got carpal tunnel syndrome from playing SimCity all those years ago, and I was younger then! ha ha

Re: Top Ten best TMs? [Re: Reenie] #1211503
03/02/20 02:13 PM
03/02/20 02:13 PM
Chicago
oldbroad Offline
Graduate Boomer
oldbroad  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Chicago
A little off topic but thanks for mentioning Flash. I can not view those older videos on Big Fish on my Windows 10 computer and could not remember why. On my Windows 7, Firefox always asks permission.

Good luck in your hunt for a Time Management game. I hope you find something you like!

Re: Top Ten best TMs? [Re: oldbroad] #1211513
03/02/20 02:46 PM
03/02/20 02:46 PM
Reenie Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Adobe has stopped servicing Flash as of the end of last year. What this means is no updating of their anti-virus software to protect you from hackers and the rest. From here on, if you use Flash, you run a risk of "inheriting" a virus through a download or visit to a web page that is using it. One of my favorite on-line puzzle games redesigned itself and just came back on line this month, free of Flash. The risk may not be huge, and everyone makes up his/her mind about it. I've seen what friends go through that get hacked and I don't want to play around with the risk.

Re: Top Ten best TMs? [Re: Reenie] #1211520
03/02/20 03:07 PM
03/02/20 03:07 PM
Chicago
oldbroad Offline
Graduate Boomer
oldbroad  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Chicago
I read Flash is good through the end of this year but I'll do without it. I just couldn't remember what it was that Firefox used to ask about before watching those videos though, and you mentioning that, reminded me.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Pandora, LadyKestrel), 364 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users