GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Shadows by the Waterhouse Now Available #1214120
04/04/20 12:08 PM
04/04/20 12:08 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline OP
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Shadows by the Waterhouse, a retro crime adventure for Windows in now available.

Check out the Official store page on Itch.io here.

After a small but successful kickstarter campaign, I was able to hire a couple of voice speakers and a translator.

Content:

Ultimately, it is about questioning the whole world. What starts out as an inconspicuous little thing like a crime thriller (Chapter 1 / The Waterhouse) eventually condenses into an exciting thriller (Chapter 2 / The Glass Files) that hardly ignores any current question of the future.

In short, everything ultimately revolves around the question of whether there might be a great unknown power behind all events, which is out to steer everything and everyone in a certain direction and ultimately control the whole world? Greetings from George Orwell ...

The whole thing is crowned by not a few, sometimes very original references to times when the adventure division did not have to be niche behind the shooting games and games like Test Drive 1-3 were part of every well-stocked youth room. In addition, two mini-games (car racing + train simulator) as a tribute to this time.

Features:

Sophisticated storyline, nostalgic retro graphics and a unique sound arrangement
+ fantastic and challenging riddles!
+ witty mini games!
+ affordable price!

Demanding storyline, nostalgic retographic & unique soundscape
+ great, tricky puzzles!
+ original mini games!
+ fair price!...

Happy Gaming!

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Shadows by the Waterhouse Now Available [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1214127
04/04/20 01:12 PM
04/04/20 01:12 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Thanks, Ana. wave

Re: Shadows by the Waterhouse Now Available [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1214136
04/04/20 02:31 PM
04/04/20 02:31 PM
winter springs fl.
connie Offline
Graduate Boomer
connie  Offline
Graduate Boomer

winter springs fl.
Thanks Ana.

Connie
Re: Shadows by the Waterhouse Now Available [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1214145
04/04/20 03:07 PM
04/04/20 03:07 PM
Chicago
oldbroad Offline
Graduate Boomer
oldbroad  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Chicago
Thanks Ana!

Re: Shadows by the Waterhouse Now Available [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1214157
04/04/20 05:09 PM
04/04/20 05:09 PM
Bavaria / Germany
N
novelgames Offline
Shy Boomer
novelgames  Offline
Shy Boomer
N

Bavaria / Germany
Thank you very much!

Re: Shadows by the Waterhouse Now Available [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1219567
06/07/20 01:21 PM
06/07/20 01:21 PM
Bavaria / Germany
N
novelgames Offline
Shy Boomer
novelgames  Offline
Shy Boomer
N

Bavaria / Germany
EARLY SUMMER SALE $ 5.99!!

By the way, my game is now also available on Gamejolt. Here`s the link: https://gamejolt.com/games/Waterhouse_Major_version/482032

But you can also order your download key directly from me and pay by bank transfer (instead of PayPal): http://www.artsunited.de/beim-autor-kaufen.html

Have fun!

PROLOGUE:

Wet autumn foliage hemmed the paths. On the back of the fog the cold and earthy air was crawling up from the river. I halted to watch a buckeye leaf depart from its tree and softly circle towards the ground, blazing up when touched by the last warm rays of the evening sun.

Whether it had been a mistake to drive out to the old weir on that late autumn day? Who knows? I was strolling on my standard walk along the river side when it all started.

I was about 10 – 12 meters above the river bed close to the old forlorn bone-yard when I hit this movable thing. My boot kicks it about half a meter into the grassy field by the side of the pathway. It feels like a small angular object made of plastic or metal. I bow down to lift it out of the high grass. The long grass scrapes sharp as glass against the back of my hand. Sliding my finger across the cracked display the last camera shot shows up.

I scan the premises around me. No signs of a fall or skid marks that would point to a human body. Still, there is a distinct scratch on the back of the mobile phone and a small crack at the back of the plastic casing. Obviously the damage could be older but the more I think about it the more I draw the conclusion that there is more evidence against that theory than for it. I quickly abandon the thought that the camera picture could have been staged. The attacker’s mask is just as scary as the fist flung towards the camera.

After an in depth inspection of the image I am almost certain that the mobile’s owner must have been knocked down in cold blood and the drop must also have resulted in the mobile’s damage.

As there are no other hints or traces to be found I commence on my path still hoping to gain additional insight. Five minutes further down the river I stop to light up a cigarette looking at some old shipping containers before I continue on my usual path down the old concrete stairs on the left side of the weir.
In front of my lies the concrete road with embedded railroad tracks leading across the river, flanked by some tech buildings on the left right above the dammed riverside. On this side of the river the rails end in a store house barred by a heavy iron gate. Habitually and especially today I brood over the things that could be hidden behind it while I continue on my stroll towards the other river bank due to weird occurrence with a faster pace than usual. A few wild geese are cackling excitedly as if they wanted to mute the horn of a truck going off nearby.

Upon completing my way across the river into the darkening shadows underneath a road bridge I turn around to take a look across the expanse of the dammed water at the old weir buildings. The bridge above me runs nearly parallel to the dam across the river. The parking area where I left my car lies across on the other side of the river to the left of the bridge. I extinguish my cigarette on a granite slab and put the stub back into the half empty pack. The geese which had taken off for their evening round a short while ago have meanwhile disappeared behind the trees. If I weren’t feeling so impatient I would wait for night to fall, ignoring the foul smell of the river mud and the noise of the traffic above me drowning all of nature’s sounds, to carefully move in on the enclosed areas of the weir premises under its blanket.

Maybe however it was just naked fear hiding behind my impatience; the fear to draw unnecessary attention and to get myself into an unforeseeable amount of danger. I therefore decide to turn around and make my further strange discoveries in the remaining daylight.

Back at the weir the dammed waterside is now lying to my right. The reflections of the greenish black water flicker like conspiring shadows over the walls surrounding the deep pool beneath me. I don’t know whether I am following an intuition or whether the whoosching noise of the water is calling to me. I lean lightly over the banisters feeling a cold cushion of air pressing against my face and surrounding me like an invisible cloud a moment later.

And then I spot it there… floating in the dark water…

Re: Shadows by the Waterhouse Now Available [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1219573
06/07/20 01:54 PM
06/07/20 01:54 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Thank you for the information, novelgames. wave

Re: Shadows by the Waterhouse Now Available [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1219579
06/07/20 04:50 PM
06/07/20 04:50 PM
In the Naughty Corner
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Thanks for the news!

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Shadows by the Waterhouse Now Available [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1220570
06/20/20 08:47 PM
06/20/20 08:47 PM
Bavaria / Germany
N
novelgames Offline
Shy Boomer
novelgames  Offline
Shy Boomer
N

Bavaria / Germany
Here is a first walkthrough video, more will follow shortly ...

https://vimeo.com/429800607

Do not be surprised - instead of interaction symbols such as magnifying glass, gear, etc., only the mouse pointer appears in the video (which is due to my screen capture program).

The Early Summer Sale for 5.99 runs until the end of the month wink

Re: Shadows by the Waterhouse Now Available [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1220663
06/21/20 06:19 PM
06/21/20 06:19 PM
In the Naughty Corner
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
THank you novelgames!

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Shadows by the Waterhouse Now Available [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1220894
06/24/20 09:04 AM
06/24/20 09:04 AM
Bavaria / Germany
N
novelgames Offline
Shy Boomer
novelgames  Offline
Shy Boomer
N

Bavaria / Germany
And here is the first walkthrough video from chapter 1:

https://vimeo.com/431664970

Re: Shadows by the Waterhouse Now Available [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1240607
02/08/21 12:05 PM
02/08/21 12:05 PM
Bavaria / Germany
N
novelgames Offline
Shy Boomer
novelgames  Offline
Shy Boomer
N

Bavaria / Germany

Last edited by novelgames; 02/08/21 12:20 PM.
Re: Shadows by the Waterhouse Now Available [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1240618
02/08/21 06:18 PM
02/08/21 06:18 PM
In the Naughty Corner
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Thanks. novelgames!

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Shadows by the Waterhouse Now Available [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1259693
10/29/21 03:02 PM
10/29/21 03:02 PM
Bavaria / Germany
N
novelgames Offline
Shy Boomer
novelgames  Offline
Shy Boomer
N

Bavaria / Germany
There will probably be a third, final part of the Waterhouse saga, but in which form (whether as a pure text or graphic adventure) has not yet been determined.

The two previous parts are currently available for a total of 1.60 $ (or 1.80 $ including the soundtrack) until November 2nd! = 80% reduced! wink

> http://itch.io/s/57572/pumpkin-days

Re: Shadows by the Waterhouse Now Available [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1259694
10/29/21 03:18 PM
10/29/21 03:18 PM
Chicago
oldbroad Offline
Graduate Boomer
oldbroad  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Chicago
Thanks for the info novelgames!

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (flotsam, manxman, oldbroad), 203 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users