Yes of course feedback about Myha would be interesting! It won't change the game itself but I will learn from it and if I ever make a new episode in full 3d I'll try to take care of what you say. It doesn't mean I will be able to fix everything (there might be issues related to the fact that I work alone or with only a few creators such as Denis on Myha). But I'll do my best, and if players don't share with me their feelings (bad but also good to motivate me ^^), then it's difficult to know what you'd like me to do! But it is not urgent at all, so if you want to send me an email it will be welcome -but just take your time!
Yeah I see what they did in Schizm 1, it's somehow what I attempted to do with Catyph in the first place, but it proved more complicated than I thought and I tried something different with the video transitions. That kind of thing is easier in full3d...
I'm not involved in Neyyah but I love the look of it and I contacted Aaron, the developer, as soon as he announced his game 2 years ago. He's a very nice guy, very talented, and we talked a lot and shared some ideas. At some point I gave him some help with the Visionaire game engine that we both use, and now I'm even more excited to play his game because there is for me an interest in the technical side of his game. He's doing great! But I don't know how people will receive it in 2020, as you know it's a Myst-like game in 2d (prerendered 3d) and they're not popular anymore. I really wish him good luck and will try to support his game when it is possible. I'm very happy to see developers like Aaron trying to keep alive the genre with the 2d feel, with a high level of quality (HD, beatiful graphics, etc., but still the core gameplay of Myst).
Oh it's difficult for me to post a full list of my games.
- My main series is The Black Cube series of course, since 2012 now (already!):ASA (Original and Remastered), Catyph (Original and Light Edition), Myha original, Myha: Return to the Lost Island, Kitrinos, and Boinihi (Steam, itchio)
- In the same series there were a few game jams but I don't share too much about them because these games are not complete, or I think that the quality is not good enough:ATOS (gamejolt), Kel Leda (itchio)
- There has been a few cooperations with other creators:The Ruins of Riddoh (gamejolt)
- And finally an aborted project of J-RPG with my brother in 2013, but the crowdfunding failed and we couldn't continue it (but I would like to bring this ambitious project to life someday -probably as an adventure game- because I wrote a long story that, I think, is interesting for the fans of the Black Cube world):TBT: The Black Tower (itchio)
Next to this I have another series called My Village is Magical (Mon Village est Magique, aka MVEM): it's more for kids. I wrote a series of books and worked on comics wtih friends. Even though I'm not the main character it talks of my childhood and my real village in France, Burgundy. It was also inspired by my love for Ghibli movies. I never really had the opportunity to work on games in this world, not as much as I want to I mean. It's a fantasy series based on reality, I'd like to try to expand it in the future. - MVEM: The Forgotten Crypt (itchio)
- MVEM: The Whale of the Infinite Ocean (gamejolt)
I also worked on short games or demos during other game jams, or as experiments. Most of them are unfinished, so I don't talk too much about them. But some are quite complete however, like the first one:- Eoin's Quest (itchio)
- Squib For Dragonflies (itchio)
- ASA 3d remake (itchio) (it's just the first room with no puzzle)
- Francium chapter 1 (itchio)
- Francium chapter 2 (itchio)
And I think that is all? This was between 2011 and 2020.
Most of those games are on simonmesnard.fr
If they're not on my site, then I consider they're not worth being played in their current state or that I await further cooperation with another creator, but it doesn't mean I don't like them, just that it's difficult for the player to understand what I (or we) had in mind. I mean it's probably not very representative of the original idea, so I would prefer to work on them more someday in the future, rather than listing unfinished projects.
Regarding my future games there is nothing exciting to say so far...
- I can talk of a project called Blue Moon
, which is in a more dark style (in the Black Cube series) made with Juanjo Barcelo Molina (https://gamejolt.com/@BlurredGames/games). We officially announced Blue Moon quite a long time ago but it hasn't progressed a lot.
- Next to this, I've been talking of a reboot of ATOS
with Yazorius (who worked with me on Kitrinos and Boinihi's music).
- I'd like to work on a game in the world of My Village is Magical
. It could be my big project for 2021 but I've not decided.
- I hesitate with another project: a first-person adventure in an egyptian/mystic style
, but I'm not sure I should work on a first-person game now, if the Black Cube series didn't have more success. Maybe later.
And next to all of this if I ever participate to another game jam then I'll try to create a 3rd chapter of Francium
for the fun.
Finally regarding RoonSehv, the best would be that you ask to Denis, as he will probably be happy to reply himself. You might even get fresh news that I don't have! I know it's a bit complicated for him to work with his original team of RoonSehv 1, they are having a few issues (lack of free time mostly), and as they're not being paid it's not easy of course. I'm, like you, very curious about RoonSehv 2! I played a demo of it almost 2 years ago. Since then, Denis learned a lot with Unreal Engine 4 (RoonSehv 1 was made with UDK, that is to say the previous version of the Epic engine). He's also learning a lot about VR. I'm sure that they want their game to be better and more impressive! We can probably hope to get some news in 2021
You can try to contact him directly on the RoonSehv blog: https://roonsehv.blogspot.com/
However Denis just had a new baby, so it keeps him quite busy
Happy event, but not very compatible with the life of game developer haha!
Thanks for your questions mike. Cheers!