GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
My Village is Magical series by Simon Mesnard (free games) #1255423
08/31/21 09:59 AM
08/31/21 09:59 AM
S
Simon Offline OP
Settled Boomer
Simon  Offline OP
Settled Boomer
S

Hi Boomers! smile

I would like to quickly introduce my series My Village is Magical. I know that some of you here are interested in my games and would like to be updated of the new releases, so I'm very happy to let you know that this series has a new game!

My Village is Magical (Mon Village est Magique - or MVEM) is initially a series of novels that I have written in the 2010s based on my childhood. In the small village where I live in France (Burgundy), just in front of my house, there are the ruins of a castle. It was a very important castle back in the past, and the Duke of Burgundy was living there, inviting the King from time to time (this is real, it's not my writings yet). Later the castle fell into ruins, and the people around took the stones to build their houses. All that remains now is a dome of stones covered with grass that we call the icehouse (glaciere). It's probably an ancient tower of the castle, that has been modified to save food during Summer heats. Now it is abandoned and there are cows around it, and many rumors about a secret passage under it... Of course when I was a kid it developed my imagination and with my brother we used to go explore the ruins after fishing at the near pond, and invented stories about ghosts, monsters or treasures in the icehouse...
That is how the series of novel started, I used it as a background to write, and then came a magical part based first on local Burgund legends and tales, then extended to other fantasy stories...
Later the novels became a cooperative comic book (which is still unfinished... Please let me know if you'd like to see it completed, to motivate me and other creators to get involved!)
And since a couple of years, when I participate into Game Jams, I try to make short games set in this world, with the hope that someday I can make a longer, more serious project.

Sorry for the long introduction! You can probably learn a bit more on the official website. It's mostly in French but you'll find some photos and pictures, and there is a page dedicated to English readers.
www.monvillageestmagique.fr

Today I'm happy to announce that we have just finished Yaz Jam 2021, a one-month-contest that gave birth to My Village is Magical: A Druidic Adventure!
This project was very nice to develop. I wasn't involved as much as usual, I was more of a supervisor, wrote a part of the story, and created the 3d characters. The rest of the game was illustrated, programmed and invented by a german team called The Argonauts. They're great devs, they did wonderful free point and click adventures in the past, I love what they do, and I'm very proud that they accepted to work on my world this time.
You can discover the previous games of The Argonauts here: https://the-argonauts.itch.io/

Finally here's the list of all 3 MVEM games that were created so far:

MVEM The Forgotten Crypt
https://the-icehouse.itch.io/mvem-crypt
This is a Visual Novel. It was created with other friends of The Icehouse collective.

MVEM: The Whale of the Infinite Ocean
https://the-icehouse.itch.io/mon-village-est-magique-twotio-demo
This is more a demo with no real end (you won't see anything about the Whale in the title).
I did this in 2019 on my own, with the hope to continue to develop the story someday...

And finally the all new game, freshly released today...

MVEM: A Druidic Adventure
https://the-icehouse.itch.io/mon-village-est-magique-a-druidic-adventure
A classical point and click adventure that will challenge you with intentory puzzles and other things, where you have to save the Druidic World, where the Tree of Life is dying because of an unending eclipse.

I hope you like this experimental series of games and that you will want to see more in the future (and why not a full commercial game? Let me know!)

Last edited by Simon; 08/31/21 10:02 AM.
Re: My Village is Magical series by Simon Mesnard (free games) [Re: Simon] #1255437
08/31/21 02:33 PM
08/31/21 02:33 PM
Chicago
oldbroad Online sad
Graduate Boomer
oldbroad  Online Sad
Graduate Boomer

Chicago
Thanks for all this information and links Simon!

Re: My Village is Magical series by Simon Mesnard (free games) [Re: Simon] #1255452
08/31/21 08:11 PM
08/31/21 08:11 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Thanks, Simon, that's great!!

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: My Village is Magical series by Simon Mesnard (free games) [Re: Simon] #1255479
09/01/21 09:06 AM
09/01/21 09:06 AM
winter springs fl.
connie Offline
Graduate Boomer
connie  Offline
Graduate Boomer

winter springs fl.
Thanks Simon.

Connie
Re: My Village is Magical series by Simon Mesnard (free games) [Re: Simon] #1255695
09/04/21 09:26 PM
09/04/21 09:26 PM
Kiev, Ukraine
Iurii Offline
Addicted Boomer
Iurii  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Kiev, Ukraine
Thanks, Simon!
I have written the news about your games on my site: http://questzone.ru/news/EyFplEkAypfPHsiTja
Too bad that http://www.theicehouse.fr/ and http://mymagicalvillage.weebly.com/ are still not accessible from Ukraine (and probably from Russia and some other countries as well)...

Re: My Village is Magical series by Simon Mesnard (free games) [Re: Simon] #1255908
09/08/21 05:49 AM
09/08/21 05:49 AM
S
Simon Offline OP
Settled Boomer
Simon  Offline OP
Settled Boomer
S

Thanks Iurii for the news!! Very apreciated!

Yeah I'm sorry, all my sites are on Weebly (including Black Cube). I wasn't aware of the issue when I created them... I wanted to keep the site updates as simple as possible, so I chose Weebly for the simplicity of creation.
I keep it in mind for later, but for the moment I can't spend time and efforts on new sites. I hope you understand.
Maybe later if one of my games was more successful.

---

I take this opportunity to add that MVEM Druidic Adventure has been updated to version 1.1 and now includes French and German, and a menu to show the in-game Controls.

Re: My Village is Magical series by Simon Mesnard (free games) [Re: Simon] #1256674
09/19/21 01:18 AM
09/19/21 01:18 AM
Los Angeles, CA. USA
lakerz Offline
Settled Boomer
lakerz  Offline
Settled Boomer

Los Angeles, CA. USA
Very cool you partnered up with The Argonauts! I will check out all of these games for sure, thanks for mentioning them and congrats on the release

What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas...
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (hagatha, oldbroad, 1 invisible), 222 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users