GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Eric Viennot passed away #1278182
07/29/22 05:49 PM
07/29/22 05:49 PM
N
Nicouse Offline OP
Shy Boomer
Nicouse  Offline OP
Shy Boomer
N

No news have been written about that but word is spreading via Twitter in a discreet fashion from people who knew him: it seems that Eric Viennot passed away last monday, the 25th of July 2022.
Thank you so much for Missing / In Memoriam dear Eric, it remains in my heart a truly unforgettable gaming masterpiece.

Re: Eric Viennot passed away [Re: Nicouse] #1278183
07/29/22 05:56 PM
07/29/22 05:56 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Thanks so much for letting us know, Nicouse. Very sad news, and may he rest in peace. Missing/In Memoriam was certainly an unusual experience. My sincere condolences to his family and friends.

Good to see you here, and I hope all is okay with you otherwise. Your website of saved games has been of enormous help to us over the years, and still is. wave

Re: Eric Viennot passed away [Re: Nicouse] #1278192
07/29/22 08:21 PM
07/29/22 08:21 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
So sorry to hear. Thanks for letting us know Nicouse.

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Eric Viennot passed away [Re: Nicouse] #1278218
07/30/22 08:41 AM
07/30/22 08:41 AM
Orlando, Fl.
Orion Offline
Addicted Boomer
Orion  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Orlando, Fl.
Always sad when someone passes. I have never heard of this man. Upon searching him I found his .Biography . He was pioneer in video games and interactive fictionan. Eric Viennot was a famous french game designer. He established his reputation on creating innovative game concepts, based on strong narrative ideas and on transmedia games. I played one of the award winning games that came from Lexis Numerique Studio he ran, eXperience 112 published by Microids. A very different difficult game but I liked it. Rest in piece sir

It's never too late!
Re: Eric Viennot passed away [Re: Nicouse] #1278238
07/30/22 11:55 AM
07/30/22 11:55 AM
Chicago
oldbroad Offline
Graduate Boomer
oldbroad  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Chicago
As stated, always sad to hear of someone passing. I also had never heard of him but have heard of a few of the games associated with him and have a couple of them.

Thanks for the info.

Re: Eric Viennot passed away [Re: Nicouse] #1278423
08/01/22 05:10 PM
08/01/22 05:10 PM
N
Nicouse Offline OP
Shy Boomer
Nicouse  Offline OP
Shy Boomer
N

Thanks to all.
I looked for an english speaking post but didn't find one, so here's a french link: https://www.gamekult.com/actualite/...-concepteur-eric-viennot-3050851397.html
It took some time for french online press to acknowledge his passing. He was 62 yo and died from stomach cancer.

In France he was also known for a serie of educational / puzzle games called Oncle Ernest / Uncle Albert released around the 2000s, and an ARG named Alt-Minds in 2012. As far as I'm concerned, I only played In Memoriam / Missing with my wife at that time, and it was a tremendous experience back then.

His Mobygames sheet: https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,121779/ , and his company https://www.mobygames.com/company/lexis-numrique-sa
Not everything is worthy of remembrance, but still.

Marian > thanks for the support ! Last years have been tough for everyone - and still far from over - , yet I don't have to complain, everything is fine here, both on family side and professionally. On the gaming side though, I don't have much time to play and updates on nicouzouf.com are quite sparse unfortunately. I'm in a time of my life where tiredness becomes a life style ;-) and it's almost impossible to find free time during the day to play. Maybe when I'm retired :-D
In fact even if I don't post often on GB, I'm one of those regular readers staying in the shadows. And when, from time to time, I see that someone of the regular posters is linking to my website, I'm really pleased :-) (and proud also).
So thank you also for still using and promoting the resources I put online.
And long live GB !

Re: Eric Viennot passed away [Re: Nicouse] #1278436
08/01/22 06:46 PM
08/01/22 06:46 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Nicouse, I am very glad to hear that you and your family are doing well, as well as your work situation. I know what it's like to not have much if any time to play games, as this was my situation for a very long time. As you say, maybe when you are retired. yes

Take care, thank you for posting, and may Eric Viennot rest in peace.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (meryl, Draclvr), 155 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users