GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Which files from game "Titanic: Adventure out of Time" do I need to link to Scummvm? #1301140
06/28/23 12:31 PM
06/28/23 12:31 PM
Georgia
Q
qm2hill Offline OP
Junior Boomer
qm2hill  Offline OP
Junior Boomer
Q

Georgia
Do you know how i would select the proper game files or data files from this 2 cd set for Titanic game so I can move the game /data files to a folder and connect to run scummvm? If not , can you please tell me the process I need to take to get my question answered? I can't find anything online in google search to do this. I hope you are doing well and family is well and safe! Thanks!!

Re: Which files from game "Titanic: Adventure out of Time" do I need to link to Scummvm? [Re: qm2hill] #1301143
06/28/23 01:20 PM
06/28/23 01:20 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Hi, I am not finding this game on the list of games supported by ScummVM - is this possibly a new thing? Have you confirmed that it is a supported game?

In any event, it may be easier if you download and play the game by buying it from GOG - it is also on sale right now for a few more days for $1.49:

Titanic: Adventure Out of Time

And welcome to GameBoomers.

Re: Which files from game "Titanic: Adventure out of Time" do I need to link to Scummvm? [Re: Marian] #1301180
06/29/23 09:14 AM
06/29/23 09:14 AM
Georgia
Q
qm2hill Offline OP
Junior Boomer
qm2hill  Offline OP
Junior Boomer
Q

Georgia
Marian, I did pay $1.49 and installed Titanic: Adventure out of Time" using gog galaxy. Same issue as when I'm playing this same game in dosbox. I'm running Titanic: Adventure out of time in full screen mode, but there are large black borders. Is there any way to remove these black borders that are both vertical and horizontal ; so I can get a better visual appearance to get this game to fill the entire monitor screen? I've had success playing this game using Oracle Virutal Machine where it can be adjusted to fill entire montitor screen with no borders. I would like to us an xp virutal machine, but sound often crackles and even if I dont' enable the internet since xp is not supported (or even windows 98 orearlier) I'm afraid of getting hacked or viruses. If I understood security of playing old games on oracle virtual box, and getting good sound, I'd probably use the Oracle virtual box.
Anyway, my goal is to play this game virus free with no "hacking" problems or vunerabilties. So, Marian, do you or your team know how to make Titanic: adventure out of time play in full borderless entire screen mode?
Also, if I do try and play this game using Oracle virtual box on xp/98 windows vm, and if I don't connect these old unsupported op systems to internet, is it safe from virus or hacker attack? Not sure rules allow multiple questions. Newbee! Thanks, Marian, hope you are well!!!

Re: Which files from game "Titanic: Adventure out of Time" do I need to link to Scummvm? [Re: qm2hill] #1301181
06/29/23 09:20 AM
06/29/23 09:20 AM
Near St. Louis, MO
Draclvr Offline
Reviews Editor - Hints/Glitches Mod - Site Support
Draclvr  Offline
Reviews Editor - Hints/Glitches Mod - Site Support
True Blue Boomer

Near St. Louis, MO
qm2hill, when you buy a game from GOG that has been optimized to run on modern computers, it is usually already in an emulator. Have you tried changing the screen resolution on your monitor? Are you using a wide screen monitor?

And, yes, as long as you do not connect your older operating systems to the internet, you should be fine. However, if you want to be extra careful, you could always disconnect your main OS from the internet just while you are playing the game.

Oh, and welcome to Gameboomers! It's nice to have you here! welcome

Once again, weeds are my life!
Re: Which files from game "Titanic: Adventure out of Time" do I need to link to Scummvm? [Re: qm2hill] #1301184
06/29/23 10:50 AM
06/29/23 10:50 AM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Hi qm2hill, if you are not connected to the internet, your old unsupported op systems should be okay with a virtual machine, as far as I know.

I found this topic on Steam regarding increasing the graphics resolution, which may or may not help.

It's a great game, isn't it? I keep hoping that eventually Dust: A Tale of the Wired West will show up on GOG, which was created by the same developers as Titanic: Adventure out of Time. I have that game running in an emulator on my machine as it is one of my favorites. smile

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr 

Who's Online Now
4 registered members (LadyLinda, Urban Worrier, Gnabgib, manxman), 586 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users