GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Issues with GOG #1304546
08/22/23 06:13 AM
08/22/23 06:13 AM
Ohio
R
RNL Offline OP
Shy Boomer
RNL  Offline OP
Shy Boomer
R

Ohio
Hello,
I am writing to inquiry if anyone else besides us has been having difficulty purchasing games from GOG lately? Specifically in the checkout area. (I hope this is the correct thread as well).
We have been trying to purchase Stardew Valley for PC and getting an error message when trying to purchase, that basically states there is an issue with the bank.
We have tried multiple credit cards and verified with the associated banks whom all state they do not see a transaction from GOG and they have cancelled nothing. We have tried adding to the wallet (it did take our money then and added it to the wallet, using the same credit card), but when trying to use the wallet on the purchase we get the error as well. My daughter has recently purchased over $100 from GOG but when she goes in to order it and try to gift it to her mom she gets another error message stating her account does not qualify for gifting as the requirement to gift is spend $10 in the previous three months (a requirement she meets).

We have filled out multiple trouble tickets with the various errors we get but have heard nothing back from GOG yet. The support page states they will try to respond within 24 hours but its been a week or just over.

On our end we have tried three accounts, three different PC's, three different cards with two different banks. We have deleted and reinstalled the GOG application on two PC's, cleared cache and cookies on the pc's.

Thank you for your time in reading this and any assistance with this issue. Its been s frustrating try and purchase for a $15 game.

RichL

Re: Issues with GOG [Re: RNL] #1304550
08/22/23 06:31 AM
08/22/23 06:31 AM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Hi Rich, I have moved your post over to Glitches because this is where we discuss having technical issues with games including issues with the purchasing of them from Steam or GOG.

I am surprised that you have not heard back from GOG as yet; I usually get a reply from them within 24 hours as stated on their website.

Let's wait and see what others have to say about this and whether anyone else has had issues purchasing from them of late. I know how frustrating this must be.

Re: Issues with GOG [Re: RNL] #1304560
08/22/23 08:55 AM
08/22/23 08:55 AM
Near St. Louis, MO
Draclvr Offline
Reviews Editor - Hints/Glitches Mod - Site Support
Draclvr  Offline
True Blue Boomer

Near St. Louis, MO
Rich, I see some red flags here which "may" indicate you have malware on your computer or perhaps an infected browser. It sounds like you have done everything as far as "cleaning." What do you use for an anti-virus? If you haven't run a scan in awhile, make sure you do that. And just to be sure, I would also suggest running a scan with the free version of Malwarebytes if you don't already have it. After a couple of weeks, they encourage you to purchase the paid version which runs in real time, but you can just say no.

Have you tried using a different browser to get to GOG? This is definitely not normal behavior for their site.

Once again, weeds are my life!
Re: Issues with GOG [Re: RNL] #1304566
08/22/23 10:47 AM
08/22/23 10:47 AM
Chicago
oldbroad Online sad
Graduate Boomer
oldbroad  Online Sad
Graduate Boomer

Chicago
I purchased something yesterday without issue. I did have a little worry the other day when there was an item in my wish list that I didn't put in there and also since then, an ongoing issue with some of the pictures being broken.

Re: Issues with GOG [Re: RNL] #1304660
08/23/23 12:42 PM
08/23/23 12:42 PM
Ohio
R
RNL Offline OP
Shy Boomer
RNL  Offline OP
Shy Boomer
R

Ohio
Thank you for your replies, and for moving the topic to the correct place.
Still no reply from GOG sadly. We tried using three different computers and I tried using the Edge and Firefox browsers. I have not tried Chrome yet but will try that.
All three computers have malwarebytes and I performed a scan both before and after the attempted purchase. We use the free version of anti-virus from Avast as well.
I thought it odd that we were able to put funds into the wallet with no issues but could not purchase using the wallet in the same session. That showed up at the bank as well as her purchases lol. The funds are still there in the wallet for that matter so hoping those are safe.
As mentioned, my daughter was able to purchase about a week or two earlier some games totaling over $100 so this is both surprising and frustrating. I agree that this is not normal for this site.
Well, she just came out and mentioned she is able to purchase a game she has not previously purchased with no issues, but any game she has previously purchased she gets the error window/message. Stardew Valley was one of her purchases and it appears she cannot gift the game to her mother as she hoped to. It would be interesting to know why this is happening as I tried to outright purchase using mom's pc and no go.
Thank you again for your time.

Re: Issues with GOG [Re: RNL] #1304662
08/23/23 01:55 PM
08/23/23 01:55 PM
Near St. Louis, MO
Draclvr Offline
Draclvr  Offline
True Blue Boomer

Near St. Louis, MO
I'm really glad to hear you have all the malware bases covered! Once you said your daughter had a similar issue, that indicates GOG may be having issues. I would submit a second ticket to GOG. Did you at least get an acknowledgement the first time that they received it? This is from July 22, but maybe the issue has persisted...

GOG Purchasing Issues

I also checked the DownDetector website and it does appear some issues have been reported in the last 24 hours. Maybe consider submitting a report there.

DownDetector

Re: Issues with GOG [Re: RNL] #1304712
08/24/23 02:11 PM
08/24/23 02:11 PM
Stockholm
F
Fogfighter Offline
Settled Boomer
Fogfighter  Offline
Settled Boomer
F

Stockholm
@RichL : Sad to read about your troubles with the GOG. I hope your problem will be solved somehow. I have no new advice to give but for what it's worth I can mention I registered and successfully bought my first GOG game yesterday. Something is apperently still working over there at GOG.

I paid with PayPal and used Edge as browser. No problems there. The GOG team heavily promoted their GOG-Galaxy-Thingie but there was also a downloadable installer for use without internet connection. I chose the later. Got me an 800 Mb installer file which is now ( safely ) stored on my backup HDD.

The game? The darkside dungeon crawler Diablo devil . Very modest system requirements. Becasue old game. Runs well even on virtual machines.

Re: Issues with GOG [Re: RNL] #1304713
08/24/23 02:37 PM
08/24/23 02:37 PM
Near St. Louis, MO
Draclvr Offline
Draclvr  Offline
True Blue Boomer

Near St. Louis, MO
Thank you so much, Fogfighter! And have fun with Diablo! I've played them all - more than once!

Re: Issues with GOG [Re: RNL] #1304722
08/24/23 04:25 PM
08/24/23 04:25 PM
Chicago
oldbroad Online sad
Graduate Boomer
oldbroad  Online Sad
Graduate Boomer

Chicago
I mentioned in my above post that there had been a game on my wishlist that I didn't put there. I had removed it but today, it was back there! I no longer have any broken pictures though

Re: Issues with GOG [Re: RNL] #1304768
08/25/23 11:42 AM
08/25/23 11:42 AM
Ohio
R
RNL Offline OP
Shy Boomer
RNL  Offline OP
Shy Boomer
R

Ohio
Thank you all for your replies and helpful direction. After a week GOG did finally respond with a support ticket ID to my daughter. Soon after they did provide a workaround and she was able to gift the game to her mom. Their solution was to temporarily remove the restriction on being able to gift a game only if you meet the requirement of spending $10 in the last three months. This solution despite her sending proof that she spent more than $100 in that time frame. So I suspect there are still issues on their side and this is what they could come up with in the short term. It still seemed odd to me that another person such as dad (me) or mom could outright purchase the game.

Anyway I do appreciate the suggestions made here and my daughter also expressed thankfulness that someone was responding to the issue when GOG was not. The game is installed on mom's pc so now she can go about playing that and complaining her eyes don't see as well as they used to!

Re: Issues with GOG [Re: RNL] #1304770
08/25/23 12:08 PM
08/25/23 12:08 PM
Near St. Louis, MO
Draclvr Offline
Draclvr  Offline
True Blue Boomer

Near St. Louis, MO
While not a complete solution, at least this is progress. I agree there still appear to be issues on the GOG end. Happy gaming to mom!

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Kaki's Sister), 561 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users