|
Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room #25
[Re: BrownEyedTigre]
#1375579
10/03/26 09:12 AM
10/03/26 09:12 AM
|
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 22,295 Near St. Louis, MO
Draclvr
Reviews Editor - Hints/Glitches Mod - Site Support
|
Reviews Editor - Hints/Glitches Mod - Site Support
True Blue Boomer
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 22,295
Near St. Louis, MO
|
Good Saturday morning. Back to beautiful sunny warmish weather.
Hagatha, that has to be such a good feeling! I've heard that "motion is the lotion" for our aging joints! I know I feel lots better if I've been busy and doing things all day rather than just sitting around.
Went to a reunion of my retired co-workers yesterday. Working for the State in the division that enforces environmental regulations is an "experience!" But sharing all our stories was just hysterical at times. You can tell DNR stories, but sharing them with people who went through the same thing is different. There were so many "remember whens." Dave said he had a great time just sitting back and listening to us and laughing.
Heading down to the Ranch to deliver some vaccines this morning.
When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
|
|
|
Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room #25
[Re: BrownEyedTigre]
#1375582
10/03/26 10:08 AM
10/03/26 10:08 AM
|
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 9,586 Canada
hagatha
BAAG Specialist
|
BAAG Specialist
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 9,586
Canada
|
Good Saturday morning.
Not much going on today, which is good. I might venture out to the farm market later on to see what they have in. It's a dangerous place, though -- several local bakeries sell things there, and it's wall-to-wall goodies. They do have a locally-made kombucha that i love, low in sugar but still very tasty.
I think I'm quite ready for another adventure.
|
|
|
Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room #25
[Re: oldbroad]
#1375601
10/03/26 05:23 PM
10/03/26 05:23 PM
|
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 37,011 United Kingdom
Mad
Sonic Boomer
|
Sonic Boomer
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 37,011
United Kingdom
|
Glad you are feeling the benefit of all the exercise, hagatha 👍
I was a dancer (in many different disciplines) for over 40 years of my life - along with many sporting interests also - and both definitely stood me in good stead 😑
Time : The Most Precious Commodity
|
|
|
Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room #25
[Re: BrownEyedTigre]
#1375608
Yesterday at 02:29 AM
Yesterday at 02:29 AM
|
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 26,184 Marlborough USA
Kaki's Sister
Sonic Boomer
|
Sonic Boomer
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 26,184
Marlborough USA
|
Good Morning Everyone. Wide Awake Double Dark Brew is ready to start the day.  The woods are thinning out here. I can see quite a way in on my walks. The leaves have started to turn too. I've had lots of birds using my birdbath lately. Sometimes there are 4 or more in it at the same time splashing, bathing and drinking! It's a good thing it is a heavy duty birdbath! At one point yesterday a squirrel was drinking from it too...he scared the birds and they scared him! So much fun to watch them!  Hope you all enjoy a peaceful day!  Gerry 
Gerry
|
|
|
Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room #25
[Re: BrownEyedTigre]
#1375618
Yesterday at 09:51 AM
Yesterday at 09:51 AM
|
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 9,586 Canada
hagatha
BAAG Specialist
|
BAAG Specialist
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 9,586
Canada
|
Good morning everyone.
It's 10 degrees here and the house was cold when I got up. My trees will start to drop leaves soon.
The dancing caught up with me today and I'm a bit sore. I am worried about my foot, which hurts sometimes. The shoes I wear dancing are very thin jazz shoes with little form to them. I may have to go with something more substantial, maybe even some western dance boots.
I think I'm quite ready for another adventure.
|
|
|
Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room #25
[Re: BrownEyedTigre]
#1375619
Yesterday at 10:00 AM
Yesterday at 10:00 AM
|
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 22,295 Near St. Louis, MO
Draclvr
Reviews Editor - Hints/Glitches Mod - Site Support
|
Reviews Editor - Hints/Glitches Mod - Site Support
True Blue Boomer
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 22,295
Near St. Louis, MO
|
Good Sunday morning. Very chilly start to the day, but heading for the mid-70's today. Beautiful fall weather. Perfect for my WADDB this morning!
Still have a few hummers in the mornings and evenings - travelers heading down to your feeders, soot!
Made some beef bone broth yesterday. I strained it last night and put in the fridge. Today I need to cut all the meat off the bones and skim the hardened fat off the top of the broth. I will make vegetable beef barley soup with some and freeze the rest. Now I need to roast a couple of whole chickens and do the same thing. I love soup season!
When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
|
|
|
Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room #25
[Re: BrownEyedTigre]
#1375665
7 hours ago
7 hours ago
|
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 26,184 Marlborough USA
Kaki's Sister
Sonic Boomer
|
Sonic Boomer
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 26,184
Marlborough USA
|
Good Morning everyone! Wide Awake Double Dark Brew is ready.  It is a chilly Fall morning here and the birch trees are already starting to drop bright yellow leaves in the yard! Going to need to turn the heat on soon. Draclvr homemade bone broth and soups yum! I don't know where you get the ambition to do all that homemade cooking!  Hope you all enjoy the day!  Gerry 
Gerry
|
|
|
Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room #25
[Re: BrownEyedTigre]
#1375693
9 minutes ago
9 minutes ago
|
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 22,295 Near St. Louis, MO
Draclvr
Reviews Editor - Hints/Glitches Mod - Site Support
|
Reviews Editor - Hints/Glitches Mod - Site Support
True Blue Boomer
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 22,295
Near St. Louis, MO
|
Good Monday morning. Chilly start to the day and the WADDB is most welcome. Heading for the mid to upper 80's the rest of the week. My kinda weather! Gerry, a good bone broth really isn't that much work. You just throw all the stuff in a big pot and let it simmer all day! I throw away the mushy vegetables and chop fresh ones for the final soup. All that chopping was the only work, but I've fixed that with one of those little choppers like this one! Makes short work of the job... Pro Chopper. I froze six 1 cup containers for a quick lunch this winter. I cook the noodles when I thaw it out. The rest is lunch this week! Good one, Fogfighter! Kombucha is not my cup of "tea" either. The only one I've ever had tasted dreadful.
When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
|
|
|
|
|