GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
The official Might and Magic VIII thread #142970
05/13/07 08:18 AM
05/13/07 08:18 AM
Body in California/Heart in Ha...
syd Offline OP
Adept Boomer
syd  Offline OP
Adept Boomer

So Smiley where are you? I just found the cleric guy. Took me forever. I fixed one of the portals but unfortunately it drops me into a mass of pirates who attack enmass. The pirates that keep pouring out of the ship, can you ever get rid of them? The only thing good about it is with the townsfolk fighting them there's always dead bodies to loot and right now I'm in serious need of cash.

How do you get off the island? So far I can't find a portal that takes me there. Guess I need to find a walk on water spell.

Anyway that's the sum total of my progress to date. I have four or five quests to solve so I best get working on them.

Edit - Edit - Edit

Found the portal that got me to another island. I am now at the Abandoned Temple. Have found the long lost brother and cured Yellow Fever. It's been a most productive morning so far laugh

Last edited by syd; 05/13/07 09:15 AM. Reason: added content

Dark Side : Risen
Light Side:

I can only please one person a day. Today isn't your day. Tomorrow's not looking good either.
Re: The official Might and Magic VIII thread [Re: syd] #143095
05/13/07 12:09 PM
05/13/07 12:09 PM
Scanian Provinces
Smiley456 Offline
Addicted Boomer
Smiley456  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Scanian Provinces
I'm also looting the dead bodies for the money lol
So far I'm still on the island, since my party isn't strong enough to handle the Abandoned Temple yet.

Later in the game, you'll be able to get rid of the pirates.
As for getting off the island, you have to go through the Abandoned Temple to get to the harbour thumbsup

Re: The official Might and Magic VIII thread [Re: Smiley456] #144486
05/16/07 12:30 AM
05/16/07 12:30 AM
Texas
nickie Offline
Grand wizard of high mucky muck
nickie  Offline
Grand wizard of high mucky muck
Adept Boomer

Texas
That necromancer is a great character when he powers up to become a lich = my fav in the game. Your vampire's levitation can sure help early on too, although he never seems to be that powerful later. Just my two cents.

"How could drops of water know themselves to be a river? Yet the river flows on."
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Re: The official Might and Magic VIII thread [Re: nickie] #144806
05/16/07 07:20 PM
05/16/07 07:20 PM
syd Offline OP
Adept Boomer
syd  Offline OP
Adept Boomer

Made it through the temple but had to go back because I forgot to get a book - I am now in Ravenshore. Haven't done much there - gave the letter to the guy I was supposed to and he gave me something else to do.

Light Side:

I can only please one person a day. Today isn't your day. Tomorrow's not looking good either.
Re: The official Might and Magic VIII thread [Re: syd] #145852
05/19/07 10:51 AM
05/19/07 10:51 AM
Leavenworth, KS
Barb Offline
Addicted Boomer
Barb  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Leavenworth, KS
Hi guys! I didn't realize you were playing M&M8. Can I join you? I've been playing M&M9, & it's HARD! I think I'm almost through, then I'll load up 8.

Barb

"Christof, do not play with thy food. 'tis unseemly".
Re: The official Might and Magic VIII thread [Re: Barb] #146136
05/19/07 09:54 PM
05/19/07 09:54 PM
syd Offline OP
Adept Boomer
syd  Offline OP
Adept Boomer

Well of course you can join us Barb. I'll probably still be in Ravenshore when you save the world in MM9 and load up MM8 laugh I hope to get some playing time in tomorrow. I actually have four days off next week so I plan on doing some serious game playing.

Light Side:

Re: The official Might and Magic VIII thread [Re: syd] #146274
05/20/07 07:42 AM
05/20/07 07:42 AM
Leavenworth, KS
Barb Offline
Addicted Boomer
Barb  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Leavenworth, KS
Hi Syd, I hope to finish MM9 today. Did you play that one? A lot of people didn't like it, but I think it's great.

When I start M&M8 I always go get the first dragon as soon as I get off the first island.

Re: The official Might and Magic VIII thread [Re: Barb] #146288
05/20/07 08:18 AM
05/20/07 08:18 AM
syd Offline OP
Adept Boomer
syd  Offline OP
Adept Boomer

Haven't played 9 yet. I tend to play games in order for some reason except I have to confess I didn't start with M&M I - I started with VI. Dragon huh? Sounds a bit ambitious for my little group lol

Light Side:

Re: The official Might and Magic VIII thread [Re: syd] #146296
05/20/07 09:03 AM
05/20/07 09:03 AM
Kentucky
Kayc Offline
Settled Boomer
Kayc  Offline
Settled Boomer

Kentucky
Hi All,
Barb, I've been playing the game too and thats the first thing I do also. Love having a dragon in my party. I usually have Cauri Blackthorne, but traded her in for a Necromancer this time. I haven't played with a Necromancer before and I'm having a heck of a time keeping him alive, but he's getting stronger now. Is there any one else that can get the skill to Grand Master Water besides the Necromancer? Cauri can only get Master in it.
Kay smile

Re: The official Might and Magic VIII thread [Re: Kayc] #146630
05/20/07 07:17 PM
05/20/07 07:17 PM
Leavenworth, KS
Barb Offline
Addicted Boomer
Barb  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Leavenworth, KS
Hi Kay,
I'm not positive, but I think the necromancer is the only one who can GM water. I usually make my main character a necro - that way I can pick up the other one & have 2.

Syd, you can pick up a dragon in the Dragon Cave in Garrote Gorge. You can get there easily & get to the cave without any fighting. It doesn't matter what level you are - he'll help tremendously. Eventually you can have 3 dragons.

Re: The official Might and Magic VIII thread [Re: Barb] #146708
05/20/07 10:52 PM
05/20/07 10:52 PM
syd Offline OP
Adept Boomer
syd  Offline OP
Adept Boomer

Barb - when you said "get a dragon" I thought you were talking about killing one laugh Garrote Gorge you say? I'll have to look on my map and find out where that is, I do want a dragon or two in my party.

I just finished cleaning out the Smugglers Cave. Have a bunch of stuff to sell and then I'm off on another quest or two or better yet off to find a dragon.

Light Side:

Re: The official Might and Magic VIII thread [Re: syd] #146753
05/21/07 05:01 AM
05/21/07 05:01 AM
Leavenworth, KS
Barb Offline
Addicted Boomer
Barb  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Leavenworth, KS
If you keep going slong the shoreline past Smugglers' Cove, you'll arrive in Garrote Gorge. The dragon cave is to the north, in the mountains.

Barb

Re: The official Might and Magic VIII thread [Re: Barb] #146765
05/21/07 05:50 AM
05/21/07 05:50 AM
Scanian Provinces
Smiley456 Offline
Addicted Boomer
Smiley456  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Scanian Provinces
Well.... I haven't been able to make any progress, work is being a pain frown

Hopefully I'll get to make some progress with my party later today.

Re: The official Might and Magic VIII thread [Re: Barb] #147330
05/22/07 03:37 AM
05/22/07 03:37 AM
Kentucky
Kayc Offline
Settled Boomer
Kayc  Offline
Settled Boomer

Kentucky
Thanks Barb, I didn't think any of the others could GM Water. I will now be able to use Lloyd's beacon.
My Necromancer is now a lich and getting more powerful now. The lich is so neat. Loved the change in his appearance. Using dark magic is new for me, so will have to try out all the dark magic spells to see which ones I like.
Kay smile

Re: The official Might and Magic VIII thread [Re: Kayc] #147369
05/22/07 05:31 AM
05/22/07 05:31 AM
Leavenworth, KS
Barb Offline
Addicted Boomer
Barb  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Leavenworth, KS
I've never developed dark magic in any of the M&Ms. I'll be interested to see what you think of them, Kay. I'm on the final dungeon in MM9 & I'm getting anxious to start 8!

Barb

Re: The official Might and Magic VIII thread [Re: Barb] #148976
05/25/07 06:04 AM
05/25/07 06:04 AM
Ludlow, Mass. U.S.A.
VHLMagic Offline
Addicted Boomer
VHLMagic  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Ludlow, Mass. U.S.A.
Hi all,

Well installed this game on my husbands computer because my computer's Video card went kapoot.
I guess that I have joined you guys in playing this game hehe.

So far I have a Knight(found in the temple), Cleric, Vampire and a Necromancer in my group.

I may change them later on but not sure.

I just went all the way through the Temple but have to go back and visit one more room to see if the Anoited Potion is in there because that was the only thing that I have not found yet.
Don't remember where that was.

Also wanted to mention that once you have more people waiting in the Adventurer Inn that you can use their inventory to store stuff or exchange what they have for better stuff so they are ready when you decide to use them.

Well see you in the game. smile

Love Thy Neighbor

Re: The official Might and Magic VIII thread [Re: VHLMagic] #149002
05/25/07 07:26 AM
05/25/07 07:26 AM
Kentucky
Kayc Offline
Settled Boomer
Kayc  Offline
Settled Boomer

Kentucky
Hi all.
I'm learning so many new things this time around. I messed up and gave the Dragon Leader's egg to Quixote too soon. I hadn't gotten Ithilgore promoted to Great Wyrm so couldn't get GM in Dragon abilities. I had already killed all the dragons so now had to kill all the dragon slayers. I didn't know we could do both. Now there isn't anyone left in Garotte Gorge but Ithilgore is a Great Wyrn and is GM in Dragon abilities. lol

I also went to Regna before we were strong enough to sink the fleet, town portaled back to get more experience and found Ravenshore full of Regnan Pirates. Had to go back to a save before going there.

VHL, I wanted a different party this time so am playing with a Troll, Knight, Cleric. Dragon, and a Necromancer. Love the Necromancer since he is a lich now.
Kay smile

Re: The official Might and Magic VIII thread [Re: Kayc] #149030
05/25/07 08:33 AM
05/25/07 08:33 AM
syd Offline OP
Adept Boomer
syd  Offline OP
Adept Boomer

My little group just found the mickey mouse house in Ravenshore grin I'm slowly going through getting all the loot out of the lockers - I say slowly because no one in my party has disarm traps yet so I keep getting blown up. It's click on locker, get blown up, grab what's in that locker, heal, move on to next locker, get blown up, grab loot, heal - lather, rinse, repeat lol

I did make it to Garotte Gorge but somehow wound up back at Ravenshore - not quite sure how that happened but at least I know where it is. Matter of fact I was on my way back there when I stumbled on the mickey mouse house. I'm guessing I'm supposed to find something in here but I haven't talked to anyone that told me about it. I figure I'll just grab everything just to be safe.

I have four whole days off so I'm planning on getting in some serious game playing -

Light Side:

Re: The official Might and Magic VIII thread [Re: syd] #149225
05/25/07 01:16 PM
05/25/07 01:16 PM
Scanian Provinces
Smiley456 Offline
Addicted Boomer
Smiley456  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Scanian Provinces
Mickey mouse house, eh? Lol laugh Have you found mickey mouse himself as well? wink

I'll be continuing my party tomorrow smile

Re: The official Might and Magic VIII thread [Re: Smiley456] #149245
05/25/07 02:01 PM
05/25/07 02:01 PM
syd Offline OP
Adept Boomer
syd  Offline OP
Adept Boomer

Originally Posted By: Smiley456
Mickey mouse house, eh? Lol laugh Have you found mickey mouse himself as well? wink

Couldn't find that darn mouse anywhere Smiley, but I did find a hunk of cheese lol

Light Side:

Re: The official Might and Magic VIII thread [Re: syd] #149596
05/26/07 06:31 AM
05/26/07 06:31 AM
Ludlow, Mass. U.S.A.
VHLMagic Offline
Addicted Boomer
VHLMagic  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Ludlow, Mass. U.S.A.
Hi all,

Syd.. hold onto that cheese because its a part of a quest you get in Ravenshore form a guy that wants 3 kinds of cheese. He doesn't share with you either. frown

Syd...if you press the back arrow(which is my movement key) as you click on the chest you will get less damage done to you.
I have at least 2 people with disarm trap skills but neither one has gotten very high in it yet. It also helps to save just before you click on anything so you can reload right there and keep trying. The chests are worth it.

Well right now I have a Montour(which I may change), Necromancer (I just exchanged for a level 15 one), Cleric, Vampire(I may change), and a Knight human which I will take Curie because she is Master in most skills. I have to wait until I am stronger before I go after her though. Three of them are healers so that helps. I want another person to be able to Town Portal and will be all set.

At this time I am only visiting different towns and collecting quests and not doing any quests as yet…well maybe a few here and there.

I did return to the first area and found the pirates getting easier and easier to get rid of.
Free gold when you clean up hehe.

Well that’s it for now. Onward we go exploring. smile

Love Thy Neighbor

Re: The official Might and Magic VIII thread [Re: VHLMagic] #149658
05/26/07 08:58 AM
05/26/07 08:58 AM
syd Offline OP
Adept Boomer
syd  Offline OP
Adept Boomer

Hi VH - trust me I always save before I try to open a chest lol I haven't tried the arrow key for damage control however. I loused up with my necromancer - gave him the disarm trap skill, upped his skill level to expert only to discover that he can't >grumble< My knight now has it but she's not an expert yet - I'm on my way to get that skill level for her.

I now have two pieces of cheese - they won't share you say? How rude laugh

I've won four games of Acromage and so far have found one obelisk. I've also run into some nasty beasts - Nagas I think they are called. I had to leave until I get a bit stronger - they are tough to kill.

Light Side:

Re: The official Might and Magic VIII thread [Re: syd] #149856
05/26/07 03:33 PM
05/26/07 03:33 PM
Scanian Provinces
Smiley456 Offline
Addicted Boomer
Smiley456  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Scanian Provinces
Sounds like you're making lots of progress syd wink

My party has just returned to Dagger Wound Island to finish the "Snake Idol" quest.

Re: The official Might and Magic VIII thread [Re: Smiley456] #150066
05/27/07 06:11 AM
05/27/07 06:11 AM
Ludlow, Mass. U.S.A.
VHLMagic Offline
Addicted Boomer
VHLMagic  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Ludlow, Mass. U.S.A.
Hi,

I finally have a Dragon in my party and its a first for me. This should be interesting to see how he does. smile I got rid of the Knight to get the Dragon.

I have not gone into MurMur Woods yet to get Curie but will soon.

Just wanted to let you know if you click on those wagons in Dagger Wound Island you will get free stuff to sell.

Well just finished clearing out Ravenshore and got the smugglers to let us use their boats.

We are on our way to Alvar for the next quest.

I have decided to use one of my people in the Adventurers Inn to hold some of my stuff for me since I recall that the stuff dissapeared one time in the Guildhouse chests where you get to sleep for free.

Just like the banks in these games I don't trust the guildhouse chests either.

Last edited by VHLMagic; 05/27/07 06:14 AM.

Love Thy Neighbor

Re: The official Might and Magic VIII thread [Re: VHLMagic] #150081
05/27/07 07:22 AM
05/27/07 07:22 AM
Kentucky
Kayc Offline
Settled Boomer
Kayc  Offline
Settled Boomer

Kentucky
Hi all,
If you are doing the quest to get the shield "Eclipse" for Lathius, save before entering the Necromancer's guild and don't override it. The shield wasn't there and after reading 3 walkthroughs found it's sometimes not in the chest. You have to reload the save and enter the guild again. After reloading a save, it was there the 2nd time.

VHL, Hope you like having a dragon in your party. I love using one.
Kay smile

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Trail_Mystic 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 251 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users