GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Diamonds in the Rough questions #256494
01/02/08 10:32 PM
01/02/08 10:32 PM
K
Kelly Stiver Offline OP
Settled Boomer
Kelly Stiver  Offline OP
Settled Boomer
K

I am considering asking for Diamonds in the Rough. But first, here are my questions about this game:

Are there any bugs or glitches in the game?

Is there any dying/fighting/self defense or are fast reflexes required? My reflexes are slow.

Are there any slider puzzles involving sound/listening puzzles? I'm hearing impaired, with about 70% of my hearing gone, even with 2 hearing aids.

Are there any timed puzzles, or having to have perfect timing when sneaking past guards?

If the game have none of the above in it, then it'll be right for me to ask for.

Re: Diamonds in the Rough questions [Re: Kelly Stiver] #256500
01/02/08 10:52 PM
01/02/08 10:52 PM
Stony Brook, New York, USA
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Stony Brook, New York, USA
Kelly -- the game hasn't released yet, so we aren't able to answer these questions.

Re: Diamonds in the Rough questions [Re: Becky] #256506
01/02/08 11:07 PM
01/02/08 11:07 PM
K
Kelly Stiver Offline OP
Settled Boomer
Kelly Stiver  Offline OP
Settled Boomer
K

Ok, I can wait. Let me know when it comes out and is played, Thanks.

Re: Diamonds in the Rough questions [Re: Kelly Stiver] #256517
01/02/08 11:19 PM
01/02/08 11:19 PM
MaG Offline
Sonic Boomer
MaG  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Kelly,

Check the forum and watch for the new games. Becky always brings the latest news so that the members that read the forum can be updated.
Also check the Upcoming page that has been brought to your attention already and check the games that have been released.
As for the other released game, again please read the past postings, do a search and also check the Staff reviews and members reviews. You can form your own opinion as to what game you will like.

We are all volunteers here, Ma'am.

Re: Diamonds in the Rough questions [Re: MaG] #256773
01/03/08 02:08 PM
01/03/08 02:08 PM
Denmark, Europe
Karsten Offline
Addicted Boomer
Karsten  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Denmark, Europe
If you hop to adventuregamers, you can get access to Alkis who is the developer behind the game. I think he sometimes stops by here, too? Anyway, I know that's there a (short) demo out for this game. I've found the demo to be enjoyable and very convincing for me.

As I remember the demo, there isn't any dying or fighting in this game or defending yourselfves. There's a smart little feature where you actually have to be put your thoughts
together. But as I recall, you just to this with your mouse and then a sort of light appears over the main character's head. Maybe a sound is played too, I can't remember. I don't think there were any sound based puzzles in the demo.

I'll try to tind a link to the demo smile

Edit:

OK, I've found the link, so at least you can try the demo out for yourselves, Kelly. Link to the demo:

http://www.atropos-studios.com/demo.html

Just scroll down a bit and you will get access to the link for the demo. You can also try clicking on the glitzing round things on the left side of the website to learn more about this game.

As I understand it, Alkis pretty much is a one-man operation who makes this game with a little help from his friends so it might be a while before this game is released...

/Karsten

Last edited by Karsten; 01/03/08 02:14 PM. Reason: content added+spelling

Adventure gaming is fun smile

Re: Diamonds in the Rough questions [Re: Karsten] #256780
01/03/08 02:16 PM
01/03/08 02:16 PM
MaG Offline
Sonic Boomer
MaG  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Karsten,

If you need demo or trailers of upcoming games and just released games, Chief updates them on Upcoming and Latest Release Page. He just updated it this AM on other games.

Diamonds in the Rough is there also.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 132 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users