GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread [Re: NYLady] #428714
11/26/08 06:55 PM
11/26/08 06:55 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline OP
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
That is why they make different kinds of games NYLady. Sorry you didn't like it, but I'm sure there will be plenty of straight HOGS coming to keep you happy.

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #428722
11/26/08 07:25 PM
11/26/08 07:25 PM
Western New York
NYLady Offline
Addicted Boomer
NYLady  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Western New York
Actually I love the IHOGS! Yes, this world would be boring if we all liked the same things and always agreed. laugh

Prices are going up everywhere except in our incomes.
Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread [Re: NYLady] #428727
11/26/08 07:31 PM
11/26/08 07:31 PM
Central Islip NY
thracia Offline
Addicted Boomer
thracia  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Central Islip NY
I also downloaded and bought the game. It is awsome so far! Thanks to Big-Fish for this Thanksgiving Day treat. I wonder if BF-Guy ever gets tired of us telling him how wonderful he, and his game site are. Probably not.

thracia

~Didi~
There will come a point in your life, when you realize what really matters, what never did, and what always will.
Unknown
Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread [Re: thracia] #428741
11/26/08 08:10 PM
11/26/08 08:10 PM
Nova Scotia
Flo NS Offline
Addicted Boomer
Flo NS  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Nova Scotia
Scarlet, when you drag the item to the typewriter, it lets you know where it goes, but it also adds 30 minutes to your time, which is no big deal if you're not interested in doing it in specific amount of time.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread [Re: thracia] #428766
11/26/08 09:20 PM
11/26/08 09:20 PM
BFG-Guy Offline
Settled Boomer
BFG-Guy  Offline
Settled Boomer

Originally Posted By: thracia
I also downloaded and bought the game. It is awsome so far! Thanks to Big-Fish for this Thanksgiving Day treat. I wonder if BF-Guy ever gets tired of us telling him how wonderful he, and his game site are. Probably not.

thracia

Nope!
lol

BFG-Guy

"A New Game Every Day!" keeps boredom away.
Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread [Re: BFG-Guy] #428769
11/26/08 09:27 PM
11/26/08 09:27 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline OP
BrownEyedTigre  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Hi BFG=Guy! I just finally started 15 minutes ago. So far it's awesome and bless you heart for no timer! hearts You don't know how much it means to this stressed out accountant. grin

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #428775
11/26/08 09:34 PM
11/26/08 09:34 PM
Rupert, Idaho
ShyTy Offline
Addicted Boomer
ShyTy  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Rupert, Idaho
I second that I tried Madam Fate again last night and I don't miss the timer at all. This game can be played stress free. I might be blind though. lol

We love you BFG-Guy thanks for the Thanksgiving treat. bravo

Lori wave

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread [Re: ShyTy] #428807
11/26/08 10:48 PM
11/26/08 10:48 PM
Port Orchard, WA USA
HorseDancer Offline
Settled Boomer
HorseDancer  Offline
Settled Boomer

Port Orchard, WA USA
turkeyWhat a treat!!! I am thankful for BF Games!!! happydance

I just got started and LOVE the way some adventure game elements are included.

My first game was the typing version of Zork , and then Leather Goddesses of the Planet Phobos. I loved those games and played them with friends. We used to take turns typing into the computer while we all tried to figure out the puzzles. think

We have come a LONG way! The trend away from puzzle games to slash and bash really saddened me.

BFG-Guy, we love hearts you for bringing fun and affordability back to games!!! (((Hugs)))

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone

HorseDancer

Happy Trails!
HorseDancer

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread [Re: HorseDancer] #428820
11/26/08 11:27 PM
11/26/08 11:27 PM
Indiana
ScarletDragon Offline
Addicted Boomer
ScarletDragon  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Indiana
LOL at BFG Guy. Glory Hog! Bask in it cause MCF5 is a super nova. I called the phone numbers in the game and cracked up when BFG-UK answered one of the numbers and mentioned MCF6. You are starting to torture us already and we've just started this one.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons ...
for thou art crunchy and good with ketchup.
Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread [Re: ScarletDragon] #428870
11/27/08 03:04 AM
11/27/08 03:04 AM
West London, UK
JennyP Offline
Adept Boomer
JennyP  Offline
Adept Boomer

West London, UK
Do not laugh - one of the items I had to find in one location was a beetle. There were beetles scurrying all over the screen so I figured I just had to click on one & the beetle was mine. I clicked on all the scurrying beetles til my cursor started to wave all around the screen.
Then I found the one static beetle in the picture ....
Thanks BFG for a great game.
Changing the subject, does anyone know how long my fish will take to arrive ? I clicked on the confirm button 6 weeks ago ..

When in doubt, cuddle a catcatrub
Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread [Re: JennyP] #428872
11/27/08 03:09 AM
11/27/08 03:09 AM
Ca.
gaily Offline
Settled Boomer
gaily  Offline
Settled Boomer

Ca.
deleted

Last edited by gaily; 11/27/08 03:16 AM. Reason: wrongly said

gaily
Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread [Re: gaily] #428902
11/27/08 06:21 AM
11/27/08 06:21 AM
Massachusetts
GBC Offline
Graduate Boomer
GBC  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Massachusetts
What a fantastic game! I'm loving it. Sorry to have to put it aside but somebody has to cook Thanksgiving dinner. turkey

Gail
Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread [Re: GBC] #428921
11/27/08 08:25 AM
11/27/08 08:25 AM
Pennsylvania
S
stellaluna Offline
Shy Boomer
stellaluna  Offline
Shy Boomer
S

Pennsylvania
This game has my vote for the best game ever.

For now. Until the next MCF, I suppose, though it's hard to imagine how RtR could be topped!

It really draws you in, doesn't it? Because you have to keep going back and forth, it makes you feel like you're really exploring the house. Amazingly creepy (and often beautiful) graphics. I especially loved the raindrops.

Loved watching the credits at the end. MCF once again raises the bar.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread [Re: stellaluna] #428928
11/27/08 08:39 AM
11/27/08 08:39 AM
Central Islip NY
thracia Offline
Addicted Boomer
thracia  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Central Islip NY
I really like the little comments that are made if you try using the incorrect objects on a puzzle. Some of them are pretty funny. The whole game is very well made, from the music to the graphics, and the little touches as well.Good thing I'm not cooking today, I can play up to the last minute.

thracia

Last edited by thracia; 11/27/08 08:41 AM. Reason: more thoughts

~Didi~
There will come a point in your life, when you realize what really matters, what never did, and what always will.
Unknown
Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread [Re: thracia] #428933
11/27/08 08:50 AM
11/27/08 08:50 AM
Canada
Tammy64 Offline
Addicted Boomer
Tammy64  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Canada
Not really keen on this game. I will pass on this one.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread [Re: Tammy64] #428939
11/27/08 08:59 AM
11/27/08 08:59 AM
West London, UK
JennyP Offline
Adept Boomer
JennyP  Offline
Adept Boomer

West London, UK
I love those comments too, Thracia. It sounds like my boss in sarky mode.

When in doubt, cuddle a catcatrub
Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread [Re: JennyP] #428957
11/27/08 10:08 AM
11/27/08 10:08 AM
S
Suz2 Offline
Shy Boomer
Suz2  Offline
Shy Boomer
S

I finished the game and really enjoyed it. I did have a question though. I never did use the shovel. There was definitely a spot by the neptune fountain that looked like you should dig there, but a hot spot never appeared. I was able to finish the game anyway. Did I miss something?

I loved the intricate puzzles, but took a skip on the whack-a-troll. I prefer brain games to reflex games. The option to skip was greatly appreciated.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread [Re: Suz2] #429004
11/27/08 12:03 PM
11/27/08 12:03 PM
Western New York
NYLady Offline
Addicted Boomer
NYLady  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Western New York
I have given the game another shot and have discovered if I just keep looking for hidden object areas I can pick up what I need to solve the other puzzles.

Maybe the game isn't so bad after all. It is very well made, and the story line is excellent... not at all boring and I nearly jumped out of my chair when I
Click to reveal..
opened that shower
!

The hidden object parts are my favs though... very well hidden but not impossible.

Thought I'd tell you since I felt so guilty giving the game a negative comment yesterday. Things always look different in the morning. The fact that I'm home sick with a terrible cold hasn't helped any, but it does give me the time to try it again.
As frustrating as it is, I keep going back to it... I'll lick it yet.

Last edited by BrownEyedTigre; 11/27/08 12:12 PM. Reason: added spoiler tag

Prices are going up everywhere except in our incomes.
Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread [Re: NYLady] #429048
11/27/08 01:22 PM
11/27/08 01:22 PM
Indiana
ScarletDragon Offline
Addicted Boomer
ScarletDragon  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Indiana
Good for you NY Lady - way to persevere. This game is not impossible, it's just that there are SOOOOOOO darn many areas to explore, objects to find collect and interact with, people to remember and notes to keep track of that it's kind of overwhelming. We're used to only having 2 or 3 scenes per level and this game is non-stop from start to finish with a lot of ground to trace and retrace. I didn't count the scenes but I bet if we counted on the walkthrough there's at least 100.

Usually I don't like sarcastic comments in my games, but sarcasm is elevated to an art form in RtR. For those of you who haven't finished yet, be sure to watch the "out-takes" that run with the credits. I think the blind mice prose was a humorous comment by one of the game developers.

Note to Suz2: Yes, the shovel is used to dig the X by the Neptune fountain. It never sparkles or indicates a hot spot, but if you use the shovel there anyway, you will discover the missing piece of the twins portrait in the stairway. It doesn't reveal anything - it just locks the portrait into place.

Last edited by ScarletDragon; 11/27/08 01:25 PM. Reason: Suz2: shovel

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread [Re: ScarletDragon] #429112
11/27/08 04:20 PM
11/27/08 04:20 PM
C
cmcd Offline
Shy Boomer
cmcd  Offline
Shy Boomer
C

Am truely loving this game until the whack-a-troll. the most I have gotten is 60. Will have my 7 yr old grandson do it for me before dinner. I hit the trolls but most of the time nothing happens, he will know what to do. A great game and wonderful bargain. Thanks BFG.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread [Re: cmcd] #429183
11/27/08 07:51 PM
11/27/08 07:51 PM
Ontario, Canada
jldcat Offline
Addicted Boomer
jldcat  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Ontario, Canada
Enjoying the game but find myself really missing the structure of the previous games. If I wanted to wander around I'd be playing an adventure game.

I'm not as into this one as the other ones. I play it for a bit, get bored and do something else and then come back to it. The others I kept till the weekend because I knew that I was going to play till I finished them.

In fact I bought tomorrows game from bigfish and have been playing it all day today and haven't even looked at Rose of Ravenhearst.

That's not to say that it's not a good game, just that it doesn't stand out as much as I had hoped. The slow hint fill up really bothers me.

Next time I won't look at the hype as I think it made the game seem like it was so much more than it really is.

The breeze from one door closing opens another.
Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread [Re: jldcat] #429233
11/27/08 10:18 PM
11/27/08 10:18 PM
Indiana
ScarletDragon Offline
Addicted Boomer
ScarletDragon  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Indiana
Sorry you were disappointed Cat. There is definitely a lot of running around in this game, to the point that the "casual" classification is kind of iffy.

For me, the hype seemed more related to the "mystery story" aspects of the game. Madame Fate was so creepy and then when Charles showed up at the very end, the speculations began as to what really happened in the original Ravenhearst. Nobody ever knew what happened to Rose.

When Rose's spirit started appearing in the promos and on facebook, etc. it helped build the suspense. I think it was great fun to concentrate on the storyline and pretend that Rose and Charles and the twins were real people. When Rose appeared as a new member of Gameboomers, I cracked up. (However, she was Rose Sommerset not Rose Ravenhearst). I played this game like a maniac as if I were reading a Dean Koontz bestseller rather than just playing a computer game. I've never looked forward to the end of a game more than I did this one and I wasn't disappointed.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread [Re: ScarletDragon] #429279
11/28/08 01:47 AM
11/28/08 01:47 AM
Ohio
W
Whimsical Offline
Shy Boomer
Whimsical  Offline
Shy Boomer
W

Ohio
Ok, lets try this again.

Love the game, but I have three questions:

1) Someone mentioned that one of the phone numbers in the game was a working one and when called, would deliver a blurb about MCF6. Can they post which one?

2) Has anybody solved the meaning of that paragraph in the credits?

3)
Click to reveal..

Whats the deal with the record? Has anyone managed to decipher what sounds to me like someone talking in reverse on it?

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread [Re: Whimsical] #429283
11/28/08 02:58 AM
11/28/08 02:58 AM
Pacific NW
ChrisMM Offline
Shy Boomer
ChrisMM  Offline
Shy Boomer

Pacific NW
Whimsical--yes, me, too, on your third question. And also:
Click to reveal..
I swear, when I finished the bookcase puzzle in that room, that the bookcase moved and that doorway was revealed. Pretty sure it wasn't there before (though I admit it was very late when I got to that point!). But to no purpose, right? Was it ever a clickable location or even hotspot?

But yes--a very enjoyable game; I was very impressed with the level of suspense. I nearly jumped out of my chair at both
Click to reveal..
the shower bit, and the bang at the end when the glass finally broke.
I wouldn't have thought you could create that much suspense in a HOG, but they did.

My PC is pretty old, so there was a lag between the graphics/subtitles and the audio in the cutscenes (the audio was quite a bit ahead of the graphics), but it wasn't a huge issue for me. And honestly, I keep waiting for the year when a game pushes me to buy a new PC (bought this one for Riven blush ).

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - 50% Off Special on BigFish - Discussion only Thread [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #429312
11/28/08 06:13 AM
11/28/08 06:13 AM
linward Offline
Shy Boomer
linward  Offline
Shy Boomer

I have to say thanks to BFG, wave what a treat this game has been! I had to go into hospital Wednesday morning for some day surgery on my ankle, and can't move around too much, so this came just at the right time. It has taken me since Wednesday night, and I have gone backwards and forwards, and nearly worn the keybpard and mouse out, but have had a great time with it. Finally fnished it today, and can't say there was not one part I did not enjoy. (Well, except for a couple of puzzles, which I skipped!)
Best game I have played for ages. Once again, well done BFG, this is a winner smile bravo bravo
linward

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (soot), 267 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users