GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Mass Effect 2 or The Last Guardian? #681430
12/18/10 08:23 AM
12/18/10 08:23 AM
NV, US
Cocoa Offline OP
Settled Boomer
Cocoa  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

NV, US
Hi All,

Which game should I pick as an Xmas gift? What would you choose if you had the choice. I loved Ico never played the SoC yet, waiting for it to come out on the PS3 in March. I have Mass Effect 2 on the PC but really prefer using a controller and read that the new graphics planned for ME3 will be used on the PS3 port of ME2 plus new content and a lot of what I missed not playing ME1 will be explained etc. It also has won a few awards for 2010.

So you see my dilemma ... have played ME2 on PC (never finished) so is it worth getting the new port especially with all the awards or Ico type game that has been getting a lot of hype (but no reviews of course) which I would be taking a chance on an unknown.

I like both playing styles so that would not matter. Thanks for any opinions. holidays

Re: Mass Effect 2 or The Last Guardian? [Re: Cocoa] #681519
12/18/10 01:18 PM
12/18/10 01:18 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Oh Cocoa, sorry, I haven't played either one of those, but I'm sure some of our gamers have. wave12

Does either one have a demo?

Last edited by looney4labs; 12/18/10 01:18 PM.

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
-Roger Caras
Re: Mass Effect 2 or The Last Guardian? [Re: looney4labs] #681568
12/18/10 04:08 PM
12/18/10 04:08 PM
Indiana
Demosthenes Offline
Addicted Boomer
Demosthenes  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Indiana
The Last Guardian won't be out until winter of next year, and ME2 for PS3 is supposedly getting released in January some time. So getting either for Christmas would be difficult unless you also ask for Santa to bring you a time machine...or at least it would be an exercise in patience

As far as ME2 is concerned, I'm not sure how much value there is in playing through ME2 on PS3 rather than the PC. If you haven't played the first game, you're missing a lot of story, and I doubt the "introductory module" they've added to the PS3 port will add much to the experience. Since ME1 didn't come out for PS3, you couldn't import an old game from ME1 even if you decided to play through it at some point. That could actually be a good thing since you haven't played ME1, but that depends on how BioWare chooses to handle things.

The graphics are unlikely to be greatly improved over the Xbox version, and they almost certainly won't look any better than on a PC, since a PC generally has a lot more RAM to play with for larger textures, and a more powerful video card to push higher framerates.So the only real advantage you're likely to see is the ability to use a controller. It's a good game, but is it worth playing through parts of it twice? Probably, but that depends on you.

Re: Mass Effect 2 or The Last Guardian? [Re: Cocoa] #681947
12/20/10 04:48 AM
12/20/10 04:48 AM
NV, US
Cocoa Offline OP
Settled Boomer
Cocoa  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

NV, US
Thanks for answering my query. smile
There isn't a demo for The Last Guardian and I have played ME2 part way on the PC.

Demo, thanks for the heads up about TLG date, it is late next year. My excitement saw 2010. slapforehead ME2 for the PS3 is in January so not that long of a wait. What I had read was the new graphics they are using to make ME3 is going to be used in the PS3 port of ME2 so that is a plus. Also as I mentioned I really prefer the controller in 3rd person shooters so I guess thats another plus. As to the content they are adding concerning ME1 at least I could get caught up a little.

Thanks again for the help. christmas

Re: Mass Effect 2 or The Last Guardian? [Re: Cocoa] #682689
12/22/10 04:07 PM
12/22/10 04:07 PM
Michigan
M
mcc Offline
Addicted Boomer
mcc  Offline
Addicted Boomer
M

Michigan
Cocoa, I am a big fan of ME, I played ME1 and ME2 with the PC, I would have liked to play ME2 in the PS3 but I had played the ME1 with the PC and in the second I could import my character.

I finished ME2 and some of the LDCs, I prefer the controllers too but I had no problem with this game. Wouldn't it be worth trying to finish ME2 in your PC? Maybe you can install the PC controller, it didn't worked for me because I didn't have the right driver for W7 at the time I played it.

If real is what you can feel, smell, taste and see, then 'real' is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain

From The Matrix
Re: Mass Effect 2 or The Last Guardian? [Re: mcc] #685943
01/02/11 11:45 AM
01/02/11 11:45 AM
NH, Strafford
Paul Offline
Shy Boomer
Paul  Offline
Shy Boomer

NH, Strafford
As for ICO, it supposed to be coming out boxed with Shadow of the Collosus. New and improved for the PS3...Can't wait....I still have the original ICO...I play a little bit of it now and then...my most wonderful bestest game...had fun with Shadow also...just thought I would put my 2 cents in...
Paul

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Trail_Mystic 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (LadyKestrel), 447 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users