GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Black Mirror 2 won't run on Vista #713884
04/05/11 05:55 PM
04/05/11 05:55 PM
New Hampshire
SuMac Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
SuMac  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

New Hampshire
It seemed to install OK on my desktop with Vista; I watched the opening cut scene, but when Chapter 1 started all I got was a white screen. I had my inventory at the bottom and icons at the top of the screen and I could see the hotspots - but no picture! I have plenty of Ram, lots of HD space, and a fairly good video card.

However, I am able to play it on my laptop with Windows 7, but not at full screen.I'm enjoying the game, but I much prefer to play my adventure games on my desktop - it's more comfortable, has a bigger screen and better speakers. This is the first recent game that I haven't been able to play with Vista.

Has anyone else had problems with Black Mirror 2? (I should mention this is the Viva Media version from Interact, with and actual CD, not a download.) I hope I won't have this problem with Black Mirror 3.

Re: Black Mirror 2 won't run on Vista [Re: SuMac] #713899
04/05/11 07:26 PM
04/05/11 07:26 PM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Jenny100  Offline
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
Make sure you install the game by right-clicking the Setup file and Running as Administrator. Either that or choose some place to install other than C:\Program Files. The problem could also be due to your video drivers. You don't say what type of video card you have, but using newer or older versions of the drivers than the ones you're currently using might help.

Re: Black Mirror 2 won't run on Vista [Re: Jenny100] #714161
04/06/11 05:18 PM
04/06/11 05:18 PM
New Hampshire
SuMac Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
SuMac  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

New Hampshire
Thanks Jenny, I'll try that. One thing I did notice was at the end of the installation it asked if I wanted to install Direct x. I clicked on Yes, but nothing happened - just went directly to the game.

That same weekend, I also installed Gray Matter, Direct X and all, on my desktop and it's running just fine.

Re: Black Mirror 2 won't run on Vista [Re: SuMac] #714184
04/06/11 07:35 PM
04/06/11 07:35 PM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
Jenny100  Offline
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
Originally Posted By: SuMac
One thing I did notice was at the end of the installation it asked if I wanted to install Direct x. I clicked on Yes, but nothing happened - just went directly to the game.

Maybe you already had all the DirectX files you needed from a previous game. The DirectX installers only check to see if you are missing any files the game needs. If you already have everything, there's nothing that needs installing. So sometimes the DirectX installer installs many files and sometimes none.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr 

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (jboliver, flotsam, curly), 181 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users