GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Windws 7 and Firefox #989572
11/21/14 01:30 PM
11/21/14 01:30 PM
Canada
L
linda333 Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
linda333  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
L

Canada
Somehow I have lost my toolbar and my bookmarks have moved from the top left side of my computer to the top right side. I have to click on an icon
on the top right now to see my bookmarks. I can't see my toolbar at all to access how to set my homepage etc. Can anyone tell me how to get all of this back to the original settings I had...everything on the left and at the top. I have no idea what has happened., Thank you.

Re: Windws 7 and Firefox [Re: linda333] #989576
11/21/14 01:42 PM
11/21/14 01:42 PM
M
mj2c Offline
Addicted Boomer
mj2c  Offline
Addicted Boomer
M

Have you just upgraded it? They moved a lot of stuff around a few updates back.

Re: Windws 7 and Firefox [Re: mj2c] #989579
11/21/14 01:48 PM
11/21/14 01:48 PM
Canada
L
linda333 Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
linda333  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
L

Canada
My computer did do an upgrade a day or so ago but I only just noticed this now. How do I get my toolbar etc. and my bookmarks back to the left top screen? Also how do I access setting my homepage etc. now...I can't see that anywhere.....I looked in my Firefox help and fixed the problem....thank you.

Last edited by linda333; 11/21/14 02:03 PM.
Re: Windws 7 and Firefox [Re: linda333] #989583
11/21/14 02:03 PM
11/21/14 02:03 PM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Jenny100  Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
I really hate Firefox's attempts to look like Chrome.
I had to look around the interface trying to find how to re-enable the "Menu Bar"
You have to click on that stupid icon that looks like 3 horizontal lines, which may appear at the top or the bottom of Firefox.
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/what-happened-to-the-file-edit-and-view-menus

I've also had to add 3 different add-ons simply to make Firefox as useful as it used to be by default:

1. Classic Theme Restorer (allows you to customize Firefox and make it look like it used to -- or reasonably close to it)
2. Downloads Window (restores the download box that they replaced with that stupid blinking arrow in the address bar)
3. Element Properties (restores Properties to the right-click menu)

And that's in addition to security-related add-ons like AdBlock and Better Privacy.

Re: Windws 7 and Firefox [Re: linda333] #989592
11/21/14 02:37 PM
11/21/14 02:37 PM
Near St. Louis, MO
Draclvr Offline
Reviews Editor - Hints/Glitches Mod - Site Support
Draclvr  Offline
True Blue Boomer

Near St. Louis, MO
I've gone through all the recent updates with no changes to my "look." However, I had to uninstall and reinstall Firefox on a computer when the update rendered it unusable.

Right click at the top of the window next to your tabs to get the drop-down menu allowing you to have the Menu Bar or whatever you want. Nothing has changed there at all - that's the way it's been for a long time. They did put access to your options in a little "3-bar" icon over on the right.

When you say a "toolbar" has disappeared, what toolbar is that? I avoid toolbars like the plague as they cause more problems on the computers I work on that just about anything else. If you have a toolbar add-on of some sort, just go to your add-ons and re-enable it.

Once again, weeds are my life!
Re: Windws 7 and Firefox [Re: linda333] #989662
11/22/14 08:56 AM
11/22/14 08:56 AM
M
mj2c Offline
Addicted Boomer
mj2c  Offline
Addicted Boomer
M

Well the Bookmark and History buttons were removed that open the Bookmark/History lists on the left hand side.

I think she means her Bookmarks toolbar. I use it myself. It appears below the toolbar that contains the address bar. If you right-click just above the address textbox you will get a context menu that contains 'Menu Bar' and 'Bookmarks Toolbar'.

In the Customise section there is actually an icon for History (Ive just checked) which you can drag in to make it appear in the toolbar but not one for Bookmarks (that I can see), there is however a one called Sidebars which you can also drag over which, when clicked, gives the option to open the History or Bookmarks like before.

Ive just done a bit more checking. There is in fact a Bookmark button as well. It looks different to before. This time though it doesn't open the bookmarks but opens a menu that contains the 'View Bookmarks Sidebar' at the top.

Last edited by mj2c; 11/22/14 08:59 AM.
Re: Windws 7 and Firefox [Re: linda333] #989666
11/22/14 10:34 AM
11/22/14 10:34 AM
Near St. Louis, MO
Draclvr Offline
Draclvr  Offline
True Blue Boomer

Near St. Louis, MO
I've never lost my Menu Bar which is the only one I have - well, except for my Roboform Toolbar. But I know others who have lost it during the upgrades. The right click context menu to get it back is still there as always. I don't use the Bookmarks Toolbar, so I don't know what it looks like, but if I enable it, it says Most VIsited, Getting Started, Facebook, Suggested Sites and Web Slice Gallery. There is nothing there about sidebars. Of course, the sidebar stuff is in the Customization. My version is 33.1.1.

Once again, weeds are my life!
Re: Windws 7 and Firefox [Re: Jenny100] #989784
11/23/14 12:31 PM
11/23/14 12:31 PM
Scanian Provinces
Smiley456 Offline
Addicted Boomer
Smiley456  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Scanian Provinces
Originally Posted By: Jenny100
I really hate Firefox's attempts to look like Chrome.
I had to look around the interface trying to find how to re-enable the "Menu Bar"
You have to click on that stupid icon that looks like 3 horizontal lines, which may appear at the top or the bottom of Firefox.
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/what-happened-to-the-file-edit-and-view-menus

I've also had to add 3 different add-ons simply to make Firefox as useful as it used to be by default:

1. Classic Theme Restorer (allows you to customize Firefox and make it look like it used to -- or reasonably close to it)
2. Downloads Window (restores the download box that they replaced with that stupid blinking arrow in the address bar)
3. Element Properties (restores Properties to the right-click menu)

And that's in addition to security-related add-ons like AdBlock and Better Privacy.

Thanks for the link and info. Will apply it to my laptop tomorrow when I get back to the hospital.

Last edited by Smiley456; 11/23/14 12:31 PM.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr 

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (dorish, curly, oldbroad), 287 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users