GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
BOOMER REVIEWS
10/01/26 08:36 PM
[Linked Image]


I am not terribly far into this, but real life has prevented me getting any further for the moment, so I thought I should share my initial impressions.

To quote the Steam page, "A boy went missing. A village drowned. And somehow you can reach into the past."

It has been a gentle, even peaceful experience so far, all of it occurring under water. As Mora, you are exploring the sunken ruins of her village following the fish you can summon to help guide your endeavours. I confess to having not done terribly much more at this stage than languidly swim about and settle into things, but it is all rather serene. The view of my forearms as they swim me around just adds a little something.

The game says you will "unlock portals to the days before the flood," and I have found a number of these. These are the Echoes, memories if you will, and they will no doubt flesh out what went on and perhaps assist in what is to come. As the game tells you, the lake remembers.

Throughout the game you will gather 'fragments,' whispers of the past which relate to the echoes. How they relate you can find out for yourself.

Activating a portal plays out as a cutscene, one in which you can both see and hear the participants. You might also be present in these scenes. And how the game plays out is apparently in Mora's hands.

The game uses both the keyboard and mouse, and while using the inventory is a little fussy, it's a small thing. There is spoken word, as well as a soundtrack and ambient sound, and a watery, colourful vista. Movement is completely free, and I don't think I have played a game where swimming is the primary means of getting around. It is rather soothing.

You can save whenever you like by exiting the game, and it utilises a single save point. Just hit continue in the start menu to pick up where you left off.

I am currently exploring the family home, trying to find the objects necessary to enter my old bedroom. I can take my time, because as the GB announcement said, there are no timers or dangers waiting around the next corner, just a quiet world full of secret places, lost belongings and stories waiting to be found. Which sounds enticing and is certainly consistent with my experience to date.
0 6 more...
BOOMER REVIEWS
09/30/26 09:30 PM
[Linked Image]


Self described as a "disturbing first person Lovecraftian horror adventure," after about 2 hours of play I can say that seems fairly apt.

You are a paranormal investigator, who arrives in a forest to find the other two members of his team missing and a body nearby. Shortly after, a bright light appears in the sky and the game 'rewinds' 24 hours. To an office, where a bit of exploration will set you on the path to the residence of the Thorne brothers and the game proper begins.

As noted it plays in the first person, utlising both the mouse and the keyboard. Use the mouse to interact with the world, to look around and to 'steer' your character and the keyboard for everything else. A small white dot centre of screen represents your curser and slightly larger white circles in the environment indicates something to interact with. Just click and see what happens; maybe gather the item, read a note, zoom in for a closer look or simply examine and put back down. There is a lot to do, much of it to add depth, but some of it essential.

Relevant notes you pick up will automatically go into your journal where they can be reviewed at any time. Inventory items will be used automatically if you have the right one, and to date I have only ever had a single item at any time. I quite like this approach, as it allows you to get on with things without the need to quiz the inventory.

It is a big world even in the early stages, and a fair chunk of my playtime has been scouring the locations for needed items. I am minded to go everywhere anyway when I start a game, but missing an item comes with a degree of hopeful re-exploration.

It looks and sounds excellent, the lighting being particularly impressive, although there is little movement in the game world. What there is though is more impactful as a result.

I am aware that there are things that can kill me, and whilst my only fatality to date has been the result of falling in a hole, the potential hostility of the environment has been apparent more than once. I am also aware that stealth will be a factor, but can't tell you anything more about that yet. I can tell you that you can choose to play on Easy, so hopefully that will assist, and that if you die you will start again from the most recent save point.

In that regard, the game exclusively autosaves and not on exit. How frustrating that might become when I have to avoid death remains to be seen.

More to come when I have moved on.
0 6 more...
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Marian), 341 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
mb47, Bleumoooon, Cantillon, Majestic_12, Adverb
9443 Registered Users
Powered by UBB.threads™