GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
MIXED BAG
1 hour ago
woot

What a great way to start my day! SomewhatDarkWakeUpBrew and double dark Wide Awake Brew this morning!

It just doesn't get much better than this.

Unless of course you own an 800,000 acre ranch in Montana wink

Enjoy your bird song Fogfighter and your walk Gerry.

Happy Thump day everyone! wave
159 2,026 more...
ADVENTURE GAME DISCUSSIONS
1 hour ago
Great news...thank you Sheriff.

Its been so long since I played Riven. I did recognize the areas in the Trailer but could not remember the any of the puzzling associated with them. It will be fun to experience the world in 3D and seek out the new things and characters that Cyan has added. Anxious to play but not in the summer (in US) so a later this year release is okay with me. thumbsup
4 44 more...
MIXED BAG
2 hours ago
Good Morning Lex, Connie, Draclvr, hagatha, soot, Fogfighter, and everyone on the way to our break room! wave Happy to share some double dark Wide Awake Brew this morning!

It is going to be a sunny chilly day here...great for a nice long walk! yes

Enjoy your day! spring

Gerry catrub
159 2,026 more...
GARDEN OF PUZZLING DELIGHTS
2 hours ago
Muchas gracias Señora Pandora! catrub

Direct instruction Edward Lear disregarded? (2-8)
72 1,188 more...
MIXED BAG
2 hours ago
New day, without snow or hail, so far. No thunder either, come to think of it. Is still chilly but the birds are singing out there.
I'll make a pot of SomewhatDarkWakeUpBrew for emergency use until the the real stuff arrives.

Happy Thursday Gameboomers
wave
159 2,026 more...
2 hours ago
Ana thanks for the update! I am so excited. I still have the original boxed Riven on cds. I hope I will be able to play the new version on my iMac computer. If not I can at least replay my old version.

Gerry catrub
4 44 more...
3 hours ago
Good one.
19 62 more...
4 hours ago
7. safety wave
19 62 more...
CASUAL GAMES
6 hours ago
Tonight I went back to windowed mode. I guess the game didn't like where I saved before I exited or something. It kept crashing when I tried to move out of the screen I was in. It took me 6 or 7 tries to get the game working again and one thing I did was go back to windowed mode and then was afraid to put it at full screen again. I tried 3 different start icons (the regular one, one I made by going into the game file location, and the one in the game file location that just says "launch" as opposed to the regular .exe file). That's the one that worked. I had also tried "run as administrator" and using the map to try to move out of the screen. I used it one time to just go to the nearest screen but the time it worked was when I used it to go to a screen that showed had an available action. Luckily I had started playing kind of early so I stayed in the game until I finished it. I do still have the bonus chapter to play though. Not sure what the problem was. duh
18 379 more...
MIXED BAG
9 hours ago
family, you still haven't told us what password you are talking about! If it's for here at Gameboomers, they are obviously working because you are able to post.
6 98 more...
10 hours ago
Thanks Ana! If only these games didn't make me dizzy. I really liked Riven and wish I could be more excited about this remake. I'm sure I'll still waste some money on it though and give it a try some day. wink
4 44 more...
10 hours ago
24. Negri (reign) wave hi soot
9 36 more...
11 hours ago
Thank you, BET 😑
2 41 more...
11 hours ago
Thanks, BET 👍
2 29 more...
11 hours ago
Thanks, BET 🤗
4 44 more...
Yesterday at 11:36 PM
18. purée (rupee) smile
9 36 more...
CASUAL GAMES
Yesterday at 11:36 PM
Thanks, Marian!
2 29 more...
Yesterday at 11:31 PM
Cyan Worlds Unveils First Official Gameplay Trailer for Riven’s Upcoming Remake Along With the Game’s Cast.

Check out the trailer here.

Spokane, United States - April 24th, 2024 - Yesterday, Cyan Worlds thrilled fans with the first official gameplay reveal of the Riven remake, showcasing a new take on exploration and mobility for the 1997 hit, now fully realized in 3D. Utilizing Unreal Engine 5, the team has rebuilt the game's environments and iconic puzzles from the ground up, from the intricate rotating room to the mysterious imager cage. Both old adventurers and new players will marvel at this revamped piece of the D’ni Empire, which offers the magic of the original with the gameplay and polish you’ve come to expect from modern puzzle adventures. Riven is coming to VR and flatscreen platforms, including Macs with Apple silicon and Windows systems later this year.

In addition to the gameplay trailer above, Cyan Worlds is excited to welcome BAFTA and SAG nominated actress Shannon Woodward —who starred as Dina in The Last of Us Part II, Sabrina in Raising Hope, and Elsie in Westworld— and Pulitzer Prize-Winning journalist and NYT best-selling author Ronan Farrow —who did voice work for From Up on Poppy Hill, The Wind Rises, and AREA MAN LIVES— to the Riven family. Shannon and Ronan will portray two new characters not part of the original Riven: The Sequel to Myst and will be featured in an expanded game section. Joining them is actor and comedian Lauren Gamiel —who performed in Lighthouse, which was the longest-running off-Broadway show at the SoHo Playhouse, and directs, writes, and performs in solo comedy works for theater and film— providing voice-over and motion capture for Catherine, Russell Webster, performing motion capture for Gehn, and Rand Miller —Cyan Worlds’ CEO and co-founder— who will reprise his role as Atrus.

“I love collaborative art in general and I love games. I particularly love narrative games and I think Myst and Riven were just so ahead of their time in terms of puzzles and games,” says Shannon Woodward. “The way they are so commonly integrated into stories now, it so clearly stems from this narrative puzzle game that I played when I was a kid, and I think it was so influential.”

“It's such a thrill to be able to perform this role. And I love and respect that Cyan [Worlds] is taking this classic and not just remaking it, which is already exciting, but putting all this additional inspiration in it and specifically focusing on character,” says Ronan Farrow. “I think part of what made Riven something formative for me as a kid is that it is so character-driven.”

The game will also preserve original voice performances by John Keston (Gehn), Christine Steel (Nelah), Vicente Ramos (Gehn's guard), and Kate Vita (Keta), with John Keston’s performance in particular serving as an homage to the late actor who brought Gehn to life in the original Riven and sadly passed away in 2020. John is beloved in the Myst and Riven communities, and Cyan Worlds hopes the game’s remake will introduce a new generation of gamers to his historic performance.

Riven is a modern remake of 1997’s monster hit Riven: The Sequel to Myst, and a love letter to the classic narrative-driven puzzle games of the ‘90s. When exploring the decaying age of Riven, Cyan Worlds wants the player to feel like an archeologist, slowly unraveling the many mysteries of the D’ni and Rivenese mythologies. Through careful exploration of Riven’s five enigmatic islands, players will uncover clues, decipher foreign languages, and immerse themselves in the game’s intricate lore. Riven encourages players to lose themselves in its world and find solutions to the game’s puzzles through careful and profound reflection, examination, and contemplation of the environment.

Leveraging modern-day technology and the power of Unreal Engine 5, Cyan Worlds aims to recreate and expand on its vision for Riven with development focused on delivering native experiences on both flatscreen and VR platforms. The game will offer an unparalleled level of immersion, allowing players to truly feel part of the enigmatic D’ni Empire while exploring the decaying age of Riven. With new puzzles, expanded storylines, and breathtaking visuals, even those who know the original by heart will find themselves lost again in its depths.

Key Features:
• Intricate Storytelling and Mind-Bending Puzzles: Challenge your intellect with Riven's cunning puzzles woven throughout its narrative.
• Immersive Environments and Stunning Graphics: Explore surreal islands, each meticulously crafted with unparalleled attention to detail, from dense, lush jungles to awe-inspiring caverns.
• An Expanded World To Explore: Encounter an immersive and visually stunning world that will captivate newcomers and reveal new mysteries for long-time fans.
• Fully Re-imagined Gaming Experience: Experience Riven like never before, with free movement through a real-time 3D environment. Whether you're a seasoned adventurer returning to Riven or a newcomer eager to explore Riven’s mysteries for the first time, this immersive and visually stunning world will captivate you.
• Truly Immersive Experience Developed in Parallel for flatscreen and VR: Cyan Worlds is simultaneously developing the flatscreen and VR versions of the game to ensure a high-quality experience regardless of players’ platform of choice.

Happy Gaming!
4 44 more...
Yesterday at 11:30 PM
23. refer (freer) wave
9 36 more...
Yesterday at 09:54 PM
10. Terra firma think Earth ( HARTE )
9 36 more...
MIXED BAG
Yesterday at 09:51 PM
Originally Posted by soot
Hopefully no damage by Mr. Hail Fogfighter

Thanks. No damage. He just made some popping sounds when tapping the windows. wave
159 2,026 more...
MIXED BAG
Yesterday at 08:52 PM
I did read both Johnstone's The Space Between Us and Weir's Project Hail Mary, Lex. They were both excellent!
40 803 more...
GLITCHES, BUGS & PATCHES
Yesterday at 08:18 PM
Yes, back to that. More hours gone.
8 69 more...
Yesterday at 07:22 PM
1. pinto (pinot) wave
9 36 more...
Yesterday at 07:07 PM
11. alone (leona) wave
9 36 more...
Page 1 of 82 1 2 3 81 82
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 487 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users