I was suggested by Mag to write a few lines about the last update of Catyph. I think it's a good idea, so here's a summary:
It is available from the homepage of the game (update 1 button):http://www.theblackcube.fr/catyph
Install instructions are provided with the patch (you only have to copy paste the news files, in order to replace the old ones)
Please note: Steam users should have an automatic update, so normally this patch is not needed for them. However be careful: it would seem that Steam will only update files that have a different size. In the case of this patch, some of the new files have exactly the same size than the old ones, so it is possible that they are not updated correctly.
As a result, if after the automatic Steam update you find that some of the issues listed below were not fixed, it is more likely that you need to install the files manually with the patch above. Update content:
- the wire puzzle of Darnaha (where you have to drive a ball along a path) can now be skipped after 8 failures.
- fixed an issue with the worldmap: some of the ticks could become green even if the cutscenes of Germinal had not been watched.
- fixed an issue with the save/load menu, where it was possible to accidentally delete another slot while saving.
- the spots of Blue Matter in all the regions will not give just 1 single point anymore, but +5.
- the difficulty level chosen at the beginning of the game (Story, Normal, Hard, Classic) will also be written in the options menu as a reminder.
- Normal mode is now recommended (instead of Hard).
- fixed a but with the red seeds in Saad, which mysteriously disapeared when the player was leaving the region and coming back later.