GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Need Saved Game for Myst Revelation #1187007
05/24/19 10:32 AM
05/24/19 10:32 AM
Pennsylvania, USA
oldfeeble Offline OP
Settled Boomer
oldfeeble  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

Pennsylvania, USA
I am stuck in Myst IV Revelation in the Age of Spire. This is the timed puzzle where you are sitting in the throne and have to move three sliders up and down to create the correct harmony which then unlocks a spiral / crystal doohicky. You have to unlock all four spiral / crystal locks within a short time to open up a pathway.

I find this impossible to do and I am wondering if anyone has a saved game for after they have solved this puzzle? Or I could send my saved game to someone who happens to have Revelation loaded and could solve the puzzle for me.

I know this is a lot to ask but I am really stuck and will take any assistance that I can get. I read the walkthroughs for this puzzle but I am just not dexterous enough to be able to solve it within the limited time given.

Thanks for you help.

Re: Need Saved Game for Myst Revelation [Re: oldfeeble] #1187008
05/24/19 10:48 AM
05/24/19 10:48 AM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Jenny100  Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
There are saves at nicouzouf
http://www.nicouzouf.com/en/?id=myst4revelation

If those saves don't work for your game, you'll have to be more specific about what version of the game you're using -- original CD version, DVD version, download version (if downloaded, from what download site?)

Re: Need Saved Game for Myst Revelation [Re: oldfeeble] #1187024
05/24/19 02:19 PM
05/24/19 02:19 PM
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Lion_1251 Offline
Settled Boomer
Lion_1251  Offline
Settled Boomer

On the website of Louis, www.pcgameswalkthroughs.nl you find the English and Dutch walkthrough for Myst IV, included are saved games for a couple of difficult puzzles.
One of the saved games is just after solving the thronepuzzle.

Re: Need Saved Game for Myst Revelation [Re: oldfeeble] #1187041
05/24/19 06:54 PM
05/24/19 06:54 PM
Pennsylvania, USA
oldfeeble Offline OP
Settled Boomer
oldfeeble  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

Pennsylvania, USA
Awesome! Thank you for the help - you folks never fail to come through with amazing assistance. I went out to the website of Louis and obtained the saved game that I needed. I am finally beyond that very annoying slider puzzle and hopefully things will go smoothly now.

One small niggling doubt, however. I think that this saved game for the Spire Age may be after Louis did the Haven Age. I will have to explore that issue and perhaps backtrack and visit Haven first.

I had forgotten how much fun these later Myst games are and also how good the graphics are by the time they had reached Myst IV.

Thanks again for your help - you folks are wonderful.

Re: Need Saved Game for Myst Revelation [Re: oldfeeble] #1187073
05/25/19 07:32 AM
05/25/19 07:32 AM
Lion_1251 Offline
Settled Boomer
Lion_1251  Offline
Settled Boomer

It is possible that Louis played the game in a different order and when you used the saved game you automattically get Louis play.
Just read the walkthrough and you know in which order Louis has played the game, Tomaha first, then Havenand after that Spire.

Read the English walkytrough for Spire and there you find a way to solve that puzzle a little bit quicker, you don't have to loose time.

We didn't know that the saved games worked because they were made in 2004.

Have fun with the game.

Re: Need Saved Game for Myst Revelation [Re: oldfeeble] #1187084
05/25/19 10:06 AM
05/25/19 10:06 AM
Pennsylvania, USA
oldfeeble Offline OP
Settled Boomer
oldfeeble  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

Pennsylvania, USA
Perhaps the saved game from Louis works for me because I am playing from the original DVD from 2004. That doesn't seem that long ago actually, not like 15 years! Anyway, I am playing the original game in Windows XP so that is probably what Louis did also. According to his walkthrough he did visit Haven first so I may load one my saved games before Spire and go off to Haven first. All in all, life is good........

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr, Marian 

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (judith, Orion, 1 invisible), 245 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users