|
Re: What Casual Games Are You Playing Right Now? - Part Eight
[Re: Marian]
#1375445
10/01/26 02:00 AM
10/01/26 02:00 AM
|
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 24,666 Chicago
oldbroad
True Blue Boomer
|
True Blue Boomer
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 24,666
Chicago
|
Tonight I have finished Episode 15 of Artifact Seekers. There is no release date set for Episode 16 that I can find. My couple is ahead with the most stars.  Steam shows I have almost 170 hours played in this game and somehow I still have half of the coins they give you for hints and skips. I only used them one time for a skip earlier on in the game. I never paid for any but I did look at some guides/videos here and there. Now to figure out what to play!
|
|
|
Re: What Casual Games Are You Playing Right Now? - Part Eight
[Re: Marian]
#1375597
10/03/26 01:35 PM
10/03/26 01:35 PM
|
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 622 Sacramento, CA
spankie
Settled Boomer
|
Settled Boomer
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 622
Sacramento, CA
|
Hi Everyone,
Since being a Big Fish member for over 12 years, I have hundreds of games played and replayed several times. Especially liked the New York Mysteries, Never tales, Royal Detective and House of 1000 Doors just to name a few.
However to me Big Fish is not offering the great adventure games they used to. I check daily to see if there is another great game to purchase, but only find either remastered or unintelligent boring bordering on childish games. Not sure why the developers choose to remaster a game instead of putting all their talents into a new interesting game.
From the posts I have read, doesn’t seem like any great changes back to the wonderful games in the past will happen anytime soon. Unfortunately, I have cancelled my membership today and will need to find another website that offers better adventure games at reasonable pricing. Am open to any suggestions anyone has.
Spankie
"If your ship doesn't come in, swim out to it" Johanthan Winters
|
|
|
Re: What Casual Games Are You Playing Right Now? - Part Eight
[Re: Marian]
#1375983
Yesterday at 01:52 PM
Yesterday at 01:52 PM
|
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 54,032 near Yosemite
Marian
OP
Global Moderator
|
OP
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 54,032
near Yosemite
|
Hi spankie, sorry I missed your post. Good to see you here. Unfortunately new HOPAs now are few and far between except for those of Do/Domini Games and 5 BN. Honestly, if HOPAs are what you are looking for, I would suggest Steam or Google Play. They seem to get a few games of this type that Big Fish does not (or at least they get them sooner than Big Fish does). I have heard that Big Fish Games Entertainment plans on developing some HOPAs in the future but that will be dependent on a variety of factors, I imagine. Next up is the Remastered version of Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove; that is coming soon, probably next month. As for older adventure games, I have quite a few from GOG, and would recommend them as well. Otherwise, most of the HOPA developers have defected to mobile games, as that is more profitable apparently than the PC market.
Ob, that is very interesting news about Adobe Air. I know there are ways to get some of these old Flash games working on newer systems but thus far I have not tried any of them. Yay that you are able to play the game!
I have started Dark Heritage: Guardians of Hope CE.
|
|
|
|
|